PDA

View Full Version : EWS Editor with what hardware?

Carbonmini
25th November, 2010, 11:29 AM
Hi guys,

Im rather new to these kind of diagnostics and tweaking of carelectronics but i have a question and i havent found the answer using the search function.

I have a Mini cooper 2002 with and EMS2k DME and i am a student in Holland studying carelectronics. I had a discussion with my teacher about the fact that you can take a used EWS3.3 and turn it into Virgin state.

I want to take a second EWS3.3 and make it virgin so i can syncronize it with my DME using SSS, NCS expert or INPA and put it on my mini and show my teacher that it is possible.

Now my direct question is what do i need excactly to program the EWS3.3

I have:
Ediabas cable
EWS Editor light
Enforcer

The hardware of it all is confusing me because i read a thread saying you need Xprog-m and the other said use K-line then you dont have to take the parts off.

I have a K-Line running through my EDIABAS cable. Isnt it possible that i use that line to connect to my EWS and that way read the EWS en Possibly put it back to Virgin? Or will i have to buy the Xprog-M in any case?

Second question where can i buy a good Xprog because i read alot op post about chinese clone`s that arent that good. I will not be a frequent user but i do want to have something i can use in the future because this site has inspired me to really look deeper into the components of car-electronics.

ps sorry if my english is bad