PDA

View Full Version : HDMI port

Bulld0g
25th November, 2010, 11:24 PM
Posting this on behalf of my bro, he's had a 42" Plasma LG for about 2 two years, when he first got it there were a couple of dead pixels showing so they replaced the screen.

He had never used the HDMI ports untill a couple of weeks ago when he upgraded to Virgin's HD box. It was then he realised the HDMI ports werent working. He tried an Xbox 360 and that wasn't working neither. So he's ~~~~ed basically. Maybe they damaged the ports when replacing the screen

Can the ports be replaced and if so would the cost be worth it.

allycoops
25th November, 2010, 11:37 PM
Have you looked in the settings of the plasma. the Hdmi ports may not be set to active ( switched on) My pioneer has settings to switch each Hdmi port active or inactive.

Post the exact model number of the plasma bulldog mate

Bulld0g
26th November, 2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks for reply Ally, it's deffo a problem with the HDMI m8, he had a VM engineer out to look at the box, the box works ok on another HD telly. HDMI is greyed out on the LG. I will get info on exact model off him later m8.

allycoops
26th November, 2010, 02:52 PM
Tell him to disconnect virgin box from TV. Then go into the TV menu via remote and see if he has a feature in the menu called "simplink" if he does tell him to switch it off if its set to on then switch off TV, connect Box back up . switch on TV. see if that helps.

if its already set to off in menu. tell him to switch it on then restart TV with the box connected

Bulld0g
27th November, 2010, 08:59 AM
Still no luck m8 he done that and it's the same, model number 423000.Are the HDMI ports soldered on these models or on a card

allycoops
27th November, 2010, 09:20 AM
Still no luck m8 he done that and it's the same, model number 423000.Are the HDMI ports soldered on these models or on a card

LG 42PG3000 - Main AV - EBR42304721 - EAX41363703 (0) - PD83A - ?69.99 : FlatTVParts.co.uk!, LCD Spares & Plasma Spares - LCD Parts & Plasma Parts (http://flattvparts.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_463_5931&products_id=9112)

?69 for the board Bulldog,check the part number on board from your brothers TV and phone the guy before ordering and explain your problem. it may just be a blown fuse on the board or something mate.

Bulld0g
27th November, 2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks once again m8y, really appreciate your help

allycoops
27th November, 2010, 10:01 AM
Bulldog has your brother checked the warranty status on it as some LG plasma's have a 2 yr guarantee not one. if its just under 2 yrs and not over may be worth a phone call.

If not, just found the service/repair manual for his model.

Good Luck Bud

v8 dave
28th November, 2010, 08:02 PM
It'll be the main board ~~~~ed. I've changed a few of these. LG main boards are about as reliable as Samsungs when it comes to it sadly. Sometimes you can turn them on/off in engineers menu depending on the TV, but I can't find any options on the PD83 chassis in your TV.