PDA

View Full Version : diy puncture repairs

yamar1
26th November, 2010, 04:07 PM
CAR AND VAN TYRE TIRE PUNCTURE REPAIR KIT WITH 7 STRIPS on eBay (end time 15-Dec-10 18:37:09 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-AND-VAN-TYRE-TIRE-PUNCTURE-REPAIR-KIT-7-STRIPS-/140429228912?pt=UK_Air_Tools_and_Compressors&hash=item20b23bfb70)

alright lads, thinking of getting one to save the usual ?10 repairs. are they any good? anyone got one?

Liteace
26th November, 2010, 04:38 PM
They are illegal in the UK they outed them years ago, when I say illegal for big tyre firms they till use them here and they work ok, you just have to rebalance if using, all it is is a rubber plug that gets pushed into the whole glue

tapiru
26th November, 2010, 06:09 PM
Hello
I used so something long time ago and work very good.It's like when you sew buttons.But for sure you need to balance the wheels.
I've never seen anything like this for a long time but you can trust them.

smirnoff_rules
26th November, 2010, 06:16 PM
l have 2 sets a work and use to get customer out of the shit and use on my own cars there great and work a treat ..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-VAN-TYRE-PUNCTURE-REPAIR-KIT-8-STINGS-2-GLUE-/130452952027?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CommercialVe hicleParts_SM&hash=item1e5f9a13db cheaper here

Meat-Head
26th November, 2010, 08:03 PM
Huh! Weird thing to sell. At Meat-Head-Motors, we cause puntures, normally self tapping screws and rivits on the floor.

These are free to M-H-M Customers.

smirnoff_rules
26th November, 2010, 08:07 PM
Huh! Weird thing to sell. At Meat-Head-Motors, we cause puntures, normally self tapping screws and rivits on the floor.

These are free to M-H-M Customers.

thats why l have them lol

Meat-Head
26th November, 2010, 09:13 PM
thats why l have them lol

Must admit, there IS a self tapping screw in the yard at M-H-M.

I got the blame for the last punture on bosses car. Therefore it can stay.

Never see if offending screw from his last one.

Just for reference. Not as popular as they used to be, Jap imports, them grey things, under drivers seat, if you were lucky, aftermarket remote locking - (never see any remotes for them). Held into the carpet by two 'spikes'. Very usefull for when in a fight and for causing flat tyres, as they stand upright.