PDA

View Full Version : HD MEDIA PLAYER

skegsagypsy
27th November, 2010, 11:58 AM
Anyone got one of these ? If yes which one ? Any recommendation please.

dasteph
27th November, 2010, 02:41 PM
Anyone got one of these ? If yes which one ? Any recommendation please.

i have a WDTVLIVE which will play blue ray video from external hd and most formats that you throw at it.

tshirtman
28th November, 2010, 04:18 PM
I've got a xtreamer, after lots of new firmware, it's now a good little box, with a nice movie jukebox (developed by community),
it plays everything I throw at it, cost ?99.

skegsagypsy
29th November, 2010, 10:38 AM
Cheers for the advice folks, appreciate that ;)

sirlisterofsmeg
30th November, 2010, 08:50 PM
Stay well clear of Xtreamers
Granted when it was first released they were one of the best players available for the price.
But now there are far better options available for the price
That are far better supported and don't rely on community members to develop their product for them.

And don't rely on the official forums to guide you.
They are constantly removing posts and banning members from the forums if they don't say nice things about their product.

tshirtman
30th November, 2010, 09:08 PM
I agree the company stinks, and yes the forum is a joke, I've had a few posts removed with no explanation why,
but the product is a good media player now, I got one from the first batch, and wondered if i had made a mistake buying it,
but now with the movie jukebox I'm more than happy with it.

sirlisterofsmeg
1st December, 2010, 08:31 PM
But no HD Audio support.
I had mine when they first launched
with the promise of HD Audio support.
When they announced that Mk1's would not be able to handle HD
I flipped.
Got a full refund from Tranquil PC who took my payment even though i ordered directly from XT
Lucky for me as XT broke all kinds of consummer laws by not refunding products.
Got myself a Pop Corn Hour now
Should have got one in the first place

skegsagypsy
2nd December, 2010, 05:30 PM
Update: Purchased the western digital live from Amazon and a Hard drive dock station, will write a review once I've had a go with it, thanks to the above for the advice;)

skegsagypsy
8th December, 2010, 07:38 PM
Ok folks a little update, received the WD live media player, had a quick play about with it, and Ive got to say it is superb :D
Setup very straightforward, connected to tv via HDMI and so far anything Ive tried in terms of media files has worked flawlessly. Output quality is as per media file, blu ray rip and HD files are excellent, haven't tried streaming or internet yet, didn't want to get caught by kids and ruin the santa illusion :D all in all I can't fault it at the moment.

hypersonic
30th December, 2010, 02:30 PM
Ok folks a little update, received the WD live media player, had a quick play about with it, and Ive got to say it is superb :D
Setup very straightforward, connected to tv via HDMI and so far anything Ive tried in terms of media files has worked flawlessly. Output quality is as per media file, blu ray rip and HD files are excellent, haven't tried streaming or internet yet, didn't want to get caught by kids and ruin the santa illusion :D all in all I can't fault it at the moment.

Any update on this player yet skegs m8 ?
I would like to know how it works streaming internet TV from a lap PC ?

dasteph
31st December, 2010, 06:17 PM
Any update on this player yet skegs m8 ?
I would like to know how it works streaming internet TV from a lap PC ?

i have the wdmedia player which as far as i have found it will only stream video,music and photo files from a pc. internet connection is a direct link and is resticted by the software loaded in the box as to what media can be watched.
if you want to watch internet tv on a larger screen and you laptop is wifi enabled simply connect it to you tv.

heriberto
9th January, 2011, 02:51 PM
I have a HDX1000. Now 1,5 years old and plays all formats.

Nakchee
14th February, 2011, 11:07 PM
forum.wdlxtv.com • Homebrew forum for WDTV devices (http://forum.wdlxtv.com/)

b-rads wdlxtv live custom firmeware if u got one id suggest updating loads added extras fixes ect very easy to update from usb :D