PDA

View Full Version : Guide: Connecting your Dreambox to the Internet

Devilfish
28th February, 2008, 06:13 PM
Making Your Dreambox Wireless

There seems to be an ever increasing want to connect your dreambox to the internet. New images are being created with Addon menus which allow you to download plugins, emu, games, etc. direct to your dreambox. Your dreambox just needs to be connect to the internet! ;)

Via Router

This is by far the easiest method of connecting it to the internet.

First of all, we'll assume that you can already connect to your box via FTP via a crossover cable. If you can't, you might want to read up on that before attempting this.

Now, what we'll need is...

Ethernet cable (crossover or patch)
Router
Modem
We'll also assume that you have a router (wireless or not) and that your modem is connected to the 'Internet' or 'WAN' port.

If you have a free port on your wireless router, you can connect your dreambox to this. Use the ethernet cable (crossover or patch, most modern routers will accept either) connect one end to your dreambox and one end to a free port on your router. You don't need to change any settings on your router or PC.

Over to the dreambox. Navigate to the networking page on your dreambox.

Setup -> Expert Setup -> Communication Setup

There is a section in this page called 'Default Gateway'. You need to put the ip address of your router in there. It's usually 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 (depending on the manufacturer). You can find out my opening your browser and typing one of the ip addresses in to the address bar. If you are presented with the router config page or a box asking for a username and password, this is the ip address for your router.

If you have enabled DHCP support on your router, all you have to do it tick the DHCP box in this page, save settings, reboot box and that's that. The router will automatically assign the dreambox an ip address and it's now connected to the internet.

If you don't have DHCP enabled, you will need to assign a static ip address to the dreambox manually. This needs to be in the same subnet as your router ip address. The subnet is the first 3 ranges of the ip address, i.e. 192.168.1.*. Make the last range anything between 2-254 as long as another PC or laptop on your network doesn't have that ip address. Each device must have it's own ip address. Save settings and reboot box and you should be connected.

Via Wireless

There are devices which can make any ethernet equipped device into a wireless device. They are called a 'Wireless Ethernet Bridge' or a 'Wireless Gaming Adapter'. The settings on the dreambox are exactly the same as if you're using a router on it's own. The gateway to the internet is still via your wireless router so the router ip address needs to go into the 'Default Gateway' section. You're best getting these devices on Ebay or at a website like broadbandstuff.co.uk. You will need to follow the instructions that come with the device to connect it to your own network.

Via Modem

If you have a spare modem lying about, clone or original, you can use this to connect directly to the internet without any wireless devices or routers.

First of all, you will need to connect a PC or laptop to the modem to find out it's ip address. This ip address goes into the 'Default Gateway' section of the network settings page on your dreambox. Also enable DHCP on your dreambox. This is all that's needed.

So, now you have no excuse to get your dreambox connected to the internet. There are loads of great plugins out there that could enhance your dreambox experience. Some examples include an RSS Newsreader (for viewing RSS feeds from your favourite website or even the forum if the RSS option is enabled, DreamNetCast Internet Radio (listen to your favourite internet radio station) or Dream Weather X (gives you access to weather information).

I hope this has helped you and good luck!

johnsonclyde
2nd April, 2008, 10:07 PM
I'm new to this and appreciate the help.

Devilfish
2nd April, 2008, 10:10 PM
No worries guys! That's why we're here!

Any problems, just ask! :)

ash1809
12th April, 2008, 11:21 PM
thank you this is so useful for somebody new like me

ash1809
12th April, 2008, 11:30 PM
Do you leave the dreambox connected to the TV and then connect to the internet?

big e
13th April, 2008, 12:04 AM
Been wanting to do this for a while so I dont have to rely on others!
Feel confident to do it now
CHEERS:itsme:

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 07:33 AM
My dreambox is always connected to my TV and always connected to a wireless bridge.

So I can connect to the dreambox using my main PC upstairs which is connected to my router and I can connect via my wireless laptop as well.

I can also stream llive pictures via the laptop too. ;)

jake1970
13th April, 2008, 08:23 AM
many thanks learning already
cheers

what leads do i need to connect dreambox 500c to router and pc ?and do i need to have both leads conected to add image ,i think i might need a real idiots guide to this

Devilfish
13th April, 2008, 09:17 AM
This thread explains what cables are required for the different methods.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1307

Hazza
16th April, 2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks kaos, this site has been a godsend for me and I only found it after googleing for a fix. This is just the sort of thing that newbies need.
Thanks again
Harry

dexter
19th April, 2008, 02:58 PM
im new to all this but this guide was soo easy to follow.

got no channels at the moment though!!

ivordel
21st April, 2008, 07:20 PM
Once this is done, can you auto-update via internet & if so how?

Neil
21st April, 2008, 07:24 PM
Once this is done, can you auto-update via internet & if so how?

That depends what you mean by auto update. On uk cable the key auto update function has nothing to do with the internet.

Most images do have a menu option to download cams, addons, games, software updates from the internet yes.

IMHO if you have a router you need to connect the dreambox to it. The dreambox can then access the internet and you can access the dreambox from your PC/laptop

choleban
1st May, 2008, 01:07 PM
nice post. I'm looking to connect my db via my laptop.

Devilfish
1st May, 2008, 01:23 PM
nice post. I'm looking to connect my db via my laptop.

Maybe this is where you want to look at.

http://www.dreamboxtips.com/how-to-connect-your-dreambox-to-your-pc/

choleban
1st May, 2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks for that. I have vista on my laptop and I really hate it usability wise.

I ended up connecting dbox using ICS. Had no idea how it would work but seemed to work just fine.

uskuz
9th May, 2008, 07:39 AM
Is there any way to connect dm500c to a 56 kb serial modem? connected to rs232 and make dm500c call internet number say user and password and establish connection with internet ?

Devilfish
9th May, 2008, 02:25 PM
Sorry uskuz I don't know the answer to that. :(

jwiley
16th May, 2008, 01:32 PM
That depends what you mean by auto update. On uk cable the key auto update function has nothing to do with the internet.

Most images do have a menu option to download cams, addons, games, software updates from the internet yes.

IMHO if you have a router you need to connect the dreambox to it. The dreambox can then access the internet and you can access the dreambox from your PC/laptop

so neil, would it be possible to carry out the the au fix, using the nagrarom7 file. by just connecting the dreambox to the router. and then using a ftp program to transfer nagrarom7 file, which is on my pc to the DB?
also i think from what you said. i only need to connect DB to internet for cams, what r cams? addons?, games and software updates.
i have saved the nagrarom files on a memorystick. i have no internet access
where i watch the DB. but i do have a pc there and provided i have the nagrarom files and a ftp program and a router or nic card, would i be abe to carry out the update to fix the box? i hope i was clear in what i would like to know. thanks

Devilfish
16th May, 2008, 03:14 PM
Yes...as long as your dreambox is connected to a PC (either via direct connection or through router) you can ftp to it and transfer the file.

burr1545
16th May, 2008, 03:39 PM
in theory then ,,

if you enabled port forwarding on ur router , then used the public IP address of the router you could connect to ur DB via the internet and use VLC for example to pick up the steam as it comes back out the way ?

when u connect the DB to the internet your router is doing the required NAT'ing , but if you were connecting via the internet then you would have to port forward the services .. i think , its no different from running a web server from behind yr router for example ?

anyone tried it ?

sorry maybe an obtuse question , just a thought as i was reading this

ignore me if its waffle lol ,

caveman_nige
16th May, 2008, 03:46 PM
yeah m8, i do this, port forward the ip of your box, make sure sure forward http on port 80. Then whack in the external ip of your router into your browser and your away. I would recommend you activate 'authentification' on your box so that a username and password will be required to access it or you could end up supply TV to some chinese hacker before he nails your box for you for not having his favourite ~~~~ channel available..

burr1545
16th May, 2008, 03:50 PM
thanks sir ,

I posted this then read various posts about streaming to N96's etc, came back into apologise and update it but u had replied ,

the principle would be the same for a dbox i presume , (which i have) ,

i may set up a streaming television website exclusively for chinese hackers ;)

Thanks

caveman_nige
16th May, 2008, 04:19 PM
I can't stream to my phone yet, I am working on that, another post in the DM section is following it. I stream to my laptop and to my office PC.

The phone thing is more complicated for Nokias cos they use Symbian, I am trying a few things. A VLC developer has pointed me in the direction of the Helix project..

Good luck with the broadcasting...

badaas
17th May, 2008, 01:15 PM
thx for infos, will love to stream to my phone :)

jimbo69jones
23rd May, 2008, 01:04 PM
Is there any way to connect dm500c to a 56 kb serial modem? connected to rs232 and make dm500c call internet number say user and password and establish connection with internet ?

Dreambox is just a linux server to all intents and puposes, so yes it could do that. You would need to install PPP, PAP and CHAP (depending on your ISP configuration) and edit the scripts. Where you might get stuck though, is if the kernel isn't compiled with support for those protocols. You could roll a custom kernel for the dreambox though, but not for the faint hearted ;)

smartbujji
5th June, 2008, 01:22 PM

There seems to be an ever increasing want to connect your dreambox to the internet. New images are being created with Addon menus which allow you to download plugins, emu, games, etc. direct to your dreambox. Your dreambox just needs to be connect to the internet! ;)

Via Router

First of all, we'll assume that you can already connect to your box via FTP via a crossover cable. If you can't, you might want to read up on that before attempting this.

Router
Modem
We'll also assume that you have a router (wireless or not) and that your modem is connected to the 'Internet' or 'WAN' port.

If you have a free port on your wireless router, you can connect your dreambox to this. Use the ethernet cable (crossover or patch, most modern routers will accept either) connect one end to your dreambox and one end to a free port on your router. You don't need to change any settings on your router or PC.

There is a section in this page called 'Default Gateway'. You need to put the ip address of your router in there. It's usually 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 (depending on the manufacturer). You can find out my opening your browser and typing one of the ip addresses in to the address bar. If you are presented with the router config page or a box asking for a username and password, this is the ip address for your router.

If you have enabled DHCP support on your router, all you have to do it tick the DHCP box in this page, save settings, reboot box and that's that. The router will automatically assign the dreambox an ip address and it's now connected to the internet.

If you don't have DHCP enabled, you will need to assign a static ip address to the dreambox manually. This needs to be in the same subnet as your router ip address. The subnet is the first 3 ranges of the ip address, i.e. 192.168.1.*. Make the last range anything between 2-254 as long as another PC or laptop on your network doesn't have that ip address. Each device must have it's own ip address. Save settings and reboot box and you should be connected.

Via Wireless

There are devices which can make any ethernet equipped device into a wireless device. They are called a 'Wireless Ethernet Bridge' or a 'Wireless Gaming Adapter'. The settings on the dreambox are exactly the same as if you're using a router on it's own. The gateway to the internet is still via your wireless router so the router ip address needs to go into the 'Default Gateway' section. You're best getting these devices on Ebay or at a website like broadbandstuff.co.uk. You will need to follow the instructions that come with the device to connect it to your own network.

Via Modem

If you have a spare modem lying about, clone or original, you can use this to connect directly to the internet without any wireless devices or routers.

First of all, you will need to connect a PC or laptop to the modem to find out it's ip address. This ip address goes into the 'Default Gateway' section of the network settings page on your dreambox. Also enable DHCP on your dreambox. This is all that's needed.

So, now you have no excuse to get your dreambox connected to the internet. There are loads of great plugins out there that could enhance your dreambox experience. Some examples include an RSS Newsreader (for viewing RSS feeds from your favourite website or even the forum if the RSS option is enabled, DreamNetCast Internet Radio (listen to your favourite internet radio station) or Dream Weather X (gives you access to weather information).

I hope this has helped you and good luck!
Hi,
I have a wireless connectivity in my appartment.I have no access to router.
I just have a passowrd to connect to the router.
Now i want the internet in laptop to be routed to dreambox 500s via a cable or some device how can it be done.
Thanks in advance

Devilfish
5th June, 2008, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure that can be done. Maybe if you google 'internet sharing connection' or something like that you might get something to sort you out.

Ideally you want to get a 'wireless ethernet bridge' or wireless gaming adapter' and connect that to the dreambox and that in turn will connect wirelessly to the router. And your laptop would still have it's own wireless connection to the router.

smartbujji
12th June, 2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the reply.
So if i follwo the second procedure.I need to buy a wireless ethernet bridge and connect it to my dreambox via an ethernet cable.No the ethernet bridge will catch the wireless connectivity and that inturn will be routed to dream box.
Correct me if i am wrong

father ted
19th June, 2008, 10:23 AM
cant get this to work ,at first i had up a list of stuff i wanted and tried to download ,now i get "Sorry.Connection to server refused.Check your network settings".the box has picked up my router settings as dhcp is ticked netmask is 255.255.255.0 ,lan is there, nameserver is same ip of my router 192.168.11.* gateway is the same ip, enable network ticked ,port 80 saved settings rebooted and still get same message ?

Devilfish
19th June, 2008, 06:46 PM
If DHCP is ticked, the nameserver should be different as it's assigned by your broadband provider.

Disable DHCP, save and reboot.
Assign a static ip address and enter router ip in default gateway, save and reboot.
(forget about the nameserver bit)

Hopefully that should work.

father ted
20th June, 2008, 11:10 AM
If DHCP is ticked, the nameserver should be different as it's assigned by your broadband provider.

Disable DHCP, save and reboot.
Assign a static ip address and enter router ip in default gateway, save and reboot.
(forget about the nameserver bit)

Hopefully that should work.

:roflmao: this is getting to me now big time tried all that ,no joy this morning i tried it again it gave me the addons download list ,i tried to download "what" i wanted then same message refused check network settings?i can telnet into it and downloaded something from this site so dont know what next ??

alliv
24th June, 2008, 02:42 PM
i have a laptop and a usb modem { 3g } can i setup the dreambox 600 to go on the internet to get some downloads?

caveman_nige
26th June, 2008, 01:42 PM
i have a laptop and a usb modem { 3g } can i setup the dreambox 600 to go on the internet to get some downloads?

yes mate, but its easier if you use a router between the dm and your lappy

alliv
26th June, 2008, 02:03 PM

can anyone run me through a way to setup the dreambox to internet useing the mobile broadband? i dont have a router caveman-nige. thanks for the reply.

caveman_nige
26th June, 2008, 02:06 PM
in this case you will need to get an ethernet crossover cable and read up on ICS (internet connection sharing)...

Look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126

you can buy a cheap router for about ?30 though, far easier... honestly, you will thank yourself for it later..

qnd_nz
5th July, 2008, 09:11 PM
I also have a Dial Up connecttion VIA Mobile . I can use FTP but I am not able to connect internet by Crossover Cabel . Please tell me how to connect ?

mrcraig
17th August, 2008, 08:57 PM
thank you guys for a nice easy foolproof guide ..top banana

gingerninja
9th September, 2008, 08:54 PM
HI HOW DO YOU KNOW IT IS CONNECTED I AM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE AND IT IS SAYING CANT RESOLVE HOSTNAME

Dr Evil
29th September, 2008, 08:50 PM
Hi all,

I have now officially had it with the dbox2 as the tuners keep packing up. If it aside form that - great bit of kit. Anyway, I was going to buy a dreambox (500c probably) when I had a thought!

As dreamboxes run Linux, have a cable feed and network connectivity, can't they work as a cable modem; then have direct Internet access itself and act as a router for other devices to connect?

Sorry if this all sounds a bit silly but it must be possible by running a modem emulator as a background task or something?!

Cheers,

Rob

Dr Evil
29th September, 2008, 08:53 PM
Hi all,

I have now officially had it with the dbox2 as the tuners keep packing up. If it aside form that - great bit of kit. Anyway, I was going to buy a dreambox (500c probably) when I had a thought!

As dreamboxes run Linux, have a cable feed and network connectivity, can't they work as a cable modem; then have direct Internet access itself and act as a router for other devices to connect?

Sorry if this all sounds a bit silly but it must be possible by running a modem emulator as a background task or something?!

Is the dreambox 500c pretty much the same as the dbox2 in practical terms?

Cheers,

Rob

monty11
23rd November, 2008, 01:26 PM
no joy with dream box thinking of selling it

caveman_nige
23rd November, 2008, 01:30 PM
no joy with dream box thinking of selling it

What is wrong with it? What can you not do so far? What have you managed to do so far?

nivlem
28th November, 2008, 04:52 PM
I can't remember but DW image that I had before I could read my external ip address, but I have not found the equivalent in DK image. Is there a way to do this?

juram101
4th December, 2008, 04:38 AM
this thing triggers me to buy DM product..
thanks for sharing..

alliv
4th December, 2008, 06:59 PM
can i do this with a usb mobile broadband connection as i have no landline?

mcpartland
4th December, 2008, 07:07 PM
ive always wondered how this was done thanks.

desertwolf
29th January, 2009, 01:31 PM
No worries guys! That's why we're here! Any problems, just ask! (Devilfish Administrator)

(Deeds not only words) Thank you bro U made it nice & easy

pauljones
1st February, 2009, 11:17 PM
Hey all, I can't download FlashFXP so have tried FileZilla. hitting a brick wall though! Can any1 help??

caveman_nige
1st February, 2009, 11:30 PM
Hey all, I can't download FlashFXP so have tried FileZilla. hitting a brick wall though! Can any1 help??

what exactley is the problem, pls can you give us more detail....

UHF
2nd February, 2009, 08:04 PM
My box went tits up like i have lost all my channels the guy i got box of has gone AWAL so cant get him to reset it what iam asking is there someone in the Falkirk area who can reset this for me I whould try my self but i whould rather someone who knows what there doing reset it for me .Thanks

chin24
3rd February, 2009, 10:45 AM
Hi guys could somebody please tell me the password and username from internet explorer have pop up box asking me for this. Thanks

jjbull
4th February, 2009, 07:01 PM
just decided to connect my 500c to the net i have previously had it connected to the pc, i have read through this guide but cannot get it to connect the router light comes on so it knows its got a cable connected but i cant get them to see each other, is there any settings i should change on my belkin wireless router that might help

jjbull
4th February, 2009, 07:28 PM
bit of an update i just managed to ftp into my 500 from my pc upstairs so i know everything is connected properly through the router, anyone got any ideas

jamesconnor12
15th February, 2009, 02:39 PM
hello to everyone can anybody tell me whare i am going wrong a mate gave me his dm box he siad he cant get anything on it i tryed to do a scan but it keeps saying no singnal found i am in an ntl aera and have no trouble with my starview can anyone direct me in the right direction
ps liverpool for the title

agria
4th June, 2009, 06:15 PM
No worries guys! That's why we're here!

Any problems, just ask! :)
I am very glad that people here want to help. Now my probleme.
I was connected to a server since a few months and now the server is closed. So I tried to connect my db to pc but I spend a week now and I didn't succed. I connected the db to pc first with a crossover ethernet cable but nothig. After I connected db to a Hub with ethernet standard cables and to the Hub also my Pc. The Hub is connected to my router/modem which has only one ethernet socket. The router/modem is connected with Pc with USB. I started the DCC prog and succed "network ok". All settings are ok but when I reconnect I receive followin message:
Telnet Connected
FTP Connected
Bootmanager: not found.
Telnet Disconnected
Telnet login incorrect!
Very strange.
I tryied with Flash FXP all settings Ok I receive foll message:
"connection failed"
Can any one help me what is wrong?

Demansid
7th June, 2009, 01:32 AM
I was having that same issue. The device and my PC were not in the same IP range. I set my PC IP to 192.168.0.1 to match my device of 192.168.0.11

halfdene
17th July, 2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks, I already asked in other forums how I can connect my dreambox to a wireless lan and didnot get an answer back. Now I now how en will get a Wireless Ether Bridge on Ebay. I have a Linksys Wireless N, does somebody know witch Brigde I need or can I buy any Bridge.

caveman_nige
17th July, 2009, 09:39 PM
you can buy any wireless bridge or wireless gaming adapter, they will just run at normal speeds unless they are N rated etc... I use a Belkin on my DM and another on my xbox to connect to a netgear router , just get whatever you are happy with... Mine are not N series but are just fine for me.. ebuyer and amazon are quite cheap pleaces for picking up such items..

digipino
7th August, 2009, 08:56 AM
I have the Netgear WNHDEB111 HD/Gaming 5 GHZ Wireless-N Networking KIT, working on 300N speeds. One attached to my router and the other standing beside my PS3 and dreambox. Advantage is that I can stream curtain HD movies to my ps3 without problems.

ss0000
18th August, 2009, 11:01 PM
I am trying to connect my dreambox to the internet and I have followed this guide but I get a problem when doing the settings on the dreambox. I set the gateway as the router ip and save it, if I tick dhcp on and save the settings the gateway reverts back to the default setting (127.0.0.1) afterwards, I must be doing something wrong, any ideas anyone?
thanks in advance

donmac
3rd September, 2009, 08:59 AM

Via Router

Router
Modem

Via Wireless

Via Modem

I hope this has helped you and good luck! I am thinking about getting a dreambox and I have an old adsl modem, How exactly would I connect this? I have a router which is wired into the PC . Thanks donmac

zizobouta
10th September, 2009, 02:13 PM
error connection to server is refused plz check your network settings.....i have a wireless router .pc is ok with internet with no cable just wirelessly. can db have internet wirelessly (with no cable connected between db and router ) thanks for help

stutz
25th September, 2009, 06:00 PM
hi iv got the dreambox dm500c and i carnt get any of the channls apart fromm 1 2 3 4 &5 any help will be gratfull thanks

Dreamer
18th December, 2009, 01:40 AM
nice thanks again ...5 posts ya say =) i think thats 5 now

I think you should have read your welcome email and the rules. but you obviously need some help on how to post etc so please read this nice guide.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/new-forums-how-make-your-first-post-couple-other-helpful-tips-30279/

monksy786
22nd February, 2010, 04:55 PM
thanks just having problems with router and wifi but i think its sorted now

rayyen
4th March, 2010, 11:18 PM
thanks got everything up and running..

jaybox
5th March, 2010, 11:08 AM
thanks this was very clear to understand:ciao:

hmc
10th March, 2010, 03:59 PM
devilfish thanx for helpin me getting that bit closer to gettin mine setup buddy.regards hmc

cherif23
10th March, 2010, 07:00 PM
proxy for usa good for music dload

poolfan
2nd April, 2010, 11:25 PM
in this case you will need to get an ethernet crossover cable and read up on ICS (internet connection sharing)...

Look here:

How to configure Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126)

you can buy a cheap router for about ?30 though, far easier... honestly, you will thank yourself for it later..

Hi is there a router you could recommend. I have a usb mobile broadband dongle Id like to use with my dreambox

Thanks

ganesa81
4th April, 2010, 01:16 PM
Hi,
back from 3 weeks holiday and could not find any channels I used to have.
"switch SERVICE COULD NOT BE FOUND" on all channels.

I factory reset then I automatic trasponder scan from Cambridge (even if I live in Glasgow as I could not find any data in the 2 Glasgow options) and now I have many channels on the infobars but most of them are encrypted (little blue key on the left hand side). I would like to watch again espn and all sky sports channels as before.

I connected dreambox to my laptop by router. I am able to ping the drambox. I updated the software.

but still cannot see the encrypted channels.

May I need a new image? flashing? if yes can you give me some tips as I am new and I don't have a clue at all. thanks

lowrydergo
26th August, 2010, 12:34 PM
was wondering if it is possibile to use the dm 500c in the same way as the kryptview a780? if it is possible are there any guies on how to go about it...thanks in advance
:celticparty:

suthipuntha
4th February, 2011, 01:24 AM

I am not familiar with DM600 as I asm using DM800 which has 2 USB port at the back. ALso the Gemini 5.1 image comes with X-modem plugin and also support WLAN (only the one with RA-Link RT73 and Zyda ZD1211 chips).

I have been surfing the internet using TP-Link TP-WN321G WLAN connected directly to the USB port for quite sometime now.

However, in spite of the Gemini 5.1 x-modem plugin which support the old 56K modem (no problem to get it to work too) and EDGE/GPRS/3G aircard/modem, I am unable to get DM800 USB port to work with the 3G Aircard.

There are several settings for port (eg for serial, usb, acm, etc) but none of them will dial out..and always show " Dialing FAILED.

In conclusion: Both DM800 and DM500 will recognized the modem that connect to the RS-232 serial port. But up to todate, I cannot configure the DM800 USB port to work with USB modem/aircard.

Any advice on the DM800+aircard setting would be deeply appreciated.

Suthipuntha,

Kerean
16th February, 2011, 07:01 PM
Tried using this guide to connect the DM500C to the Internet; everything seems to work fine, ie DHCP is ticked; when I go to the router's admin page, I can see thE Dm500 being assigned an IP.

Only problem is, I was trying to click on Software management > Download Latest Menu, and I get an error box saying that it was trying to connect to downloads.pli-images.org [127.0.0.0] and then "server is down or you have no internet connection".

Where did I go wrong? It seems from the error message that the DM500C cannot resolve the IP address for downloads.pli-images.org and hence resolved back to localhost 127.0.0.0. How do I solve this problem?

Nameserver is set to the router's ip automatically by the router when DHCP is ticked.

shawnhalu
16th April, 2011, 08:38 AM
i am still lost at connecting it with the internet after reading.. can someone pls guide me?

heee
19th April, 2011, 05:41 AM
same here bro... anyone pls enlighten. tks.

jamesefc123
15th May, 2011, 08:28 PM
going through something similar myself with my eagle box.connected it to a virgin hub with an ethernet patch cable.openened the dcc,managed to get a green bar in the configuration page linking the ips of the laptop,eagle(dream) and hub.entered clines ok.using eagle remote ,pressed blue button once,screen with cline info,cccam etc appears,but connected to the hub the clines are not there.also when accessing the communication settings on the box i have left the DHCP disabled(x),does this need to be ticked?.also i have tried exactly the same box connected to a standard talk talk wireless router and it worked perfectly.any help very much appreciated.

jamesefc123
15th May, 2011, 11:25 PM
sorted.when connecting a dm500 to an internet hub,make sure the DHCP setting in the communication set up page is enabled.:D

malanfar
5th July, 2011, 11:46 PM
I always wants to learn, can someone direct me how easily to connect my dreambox of DM800 HD with the internet?

ade786
3rd September, 2011, 04:54 PM
hi guys, got a bit of a problem:
my dreambox is fully working and flashed to nabilo darkstar 2 and my dreambox isnt connecting to the internet via a ethernet cable
the ethernet port on the back of the router isnt lighting up to??
but the ethernet works in my pc and laptop?
i have tried another power supply and 2 other ethernet cables?
can any one help please

mtv1
3rd September, 2011, 05:00 PM
hi guys, got a bit of a problem:
my dreambox is fully working and flashed to nabilo darkstar 2 and my dreambox isnt connecting to the internet via a ethernet cable
the ethernet port on the back of the router isnt lighting up to??
but the ethernet works in my pc and laptop?
i have tried another power supply and 2 other ethernet cables?
can any one help please

sorry posted it twice as i never subscribed to it

you have been around :rolleyes: other than trying a diffrent router or checking your settings in router your box is goosed m8 , you did buy it on fleabay :rolleyes:

owen07
6th September, 2011, 07:12 PM
will this slow down the internet connectivity??
sorry for noob question

dreambox2
28th December, 2011, 10:42 PM
thank you for this mate i reallz hope this works ++

Onnem
30th December, 2011, 09:12 AM
Hi there, I'm new and have read up on all sorts of threads trying to find a solution to the following:

I have connected my Dreambox 500 via a WET610N bridge to the internet. I have done the communication settings and assigned a static IP address.

The channels will show the information on the show that's on but no image.

I know the bridge works as I have wirelessly connected to the Dreambox via my laptop and managed to enter the box.

Just not sure what to do now? Any help much appreciated.

Happy New Year
Menno

olsian
22nd February, 2012, 06:00 PM
I have
Thomson Speedtouch 706 WL and i conect well by dcc dm 500 and dm edit but i have not network on dm
I configured ip router 192.168.1.254 on dm but nothing. how to do

vickymorris
15th July, 2012, 09:11 PM
The first few times i flashed by dreambox i had no problem. I would enter my i.p address in explorer and the page to flash the box would come up. Ever since i flashed it with a nemesis image i can no longer do this. Now when i enter my i.p address it goes to dreambox web control. I cannot see how to flash the box anywhere on the page. Does anyone know how to stop the web control page from opening?

Thank you

amdream
1st August, 2012, 01:11 PM
thank you very much

gohsc
22nd October, 2012, 07:21 AM
Anyone tried to use the Wireless USB adaptor on the USB port?

JJon
5th December, 2012, 08:17 PM
Anyone that has DM800 SE in-built wifi which can connect to the internet?

nichoo
8th December, 2012, 03:36 PM
thanks for the tips

chibara
17th December, 2012, 02:04 PM
thanks for your help guys

La Manita
28th February, 2013, 02:51 AM

Via Router

Router
Modem

I'm stuck.
I get to this point where i reboot dreambox and still getting message: Network setup is not ok.

Take a look at this screen pic:
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/9993/dsc07123y.jpg

After rebooting, all circles are red. Then i press yellow on remot to do a test and i only get green circles on Nameserver and Gateway and still same message about network is not ok.

This is crazy.

Hjulle
27th March, 2013, 07:20 PM
Hi try with a diferent IP

madjack
24th April, 2013, 12:28 PM
Hi guys need some tips and help. Just to double confirm that what ethernet Cable can be use from router to dreambox. Cos I am using rj45 cat 6 cable. Can this work.?

killer200
11th May, 2013, 01:05 AM
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

radioham2000
7th October, 2013, 12:12 PM
nice post i am a newby to all this so all the help is appreciated thanks again

drizzles
29th November, 2014, 01:12 PM
@ Devilfish (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/1-devilfish/)

Simple and easy to under stand ..thanks

yasslimz
26th January, 2015, 09:41 PM
Hi,

Just a quick question, I have a dream box dm800hd. I am possibly changing internet provider to Virgin. Does the Dreambox run via Virgin (cable line) or just the BT line.

Thank you in advance if you can help please.