PDA

View Full Version : Heater not hot in sprinter van

Donka
28th November, 2010, 08:09 PM
Hi would anyone have a scooby doo why my blower in my sprinter van never gets warm. It never gets past just above cold. Just warm enough to clear the screen after a while. I seem to remember some garage messed with an overheating problem a few years ago cheers Donka.

cgscott
28th November, 2010, 10:46 PM
Check the pipes from the heater matrix see how hot they are. Might find that something is blocking the filter or the matrix needs flushed.

Donka
28th November, 2010, 11:19 PM
Hi would anyone have a scooby doo why my blower in my sprinter van never gets warm. It never gets past just above cold. Just warm enough to clear the screen after a while. I seem to remember some garage messed with an overheating problem a few years ago cheers Donka.
Recently had to get heater motor replaced and was quoted ?230 for parts and labour. After bit of research found it might be the brushes in motor worn. So after taking one out just to see how easy it was i just replaced it until i got a new set, after this blower starts working again. It seems to blow reasonably fast listening to it but not much air flow or heat seems to come out of vents. I've noticed a trap type door above motor fan does this dictate the heat to the cabin as i'm not sure it's working, don't get that slamming feeling like it's closing on any of the buttons. May try it manually tomorrow. My hoses feel soft to grip and it feels like they are chrystalised on the inner tube. Hope someone can help. PS what about the garage asking ?230 for nowt, cheers.

Donka
28th November, 2010, 11:21 PM
Check the pipes from the heater matrix see how hot they are. Might find that something is blocking the filter or the matrix needs flushed.
The seem to feel soft to grip and chrystalised inside if you understand, how should they feel thanks for you reply.

johnboy1974
29th November, 2010, 08:31 AM
could be your thermostat is jammed open forcing the water round the radiator thus cooling it constantly.

spondulick
29th November, 2010, 01:55 PM
could be an airlock in system, may need bleeding.

orky87
29th November, 2010, 04:39 PM
could be your thermostat is jammed open forcing the water round the radiator thus cooling it constantly.

What he said ^^^
Also check your water level (antifreeze)?

juniormaxxx
1st December, 2010, 04:09 PM
see if your water pump is ok, then if you think that termostat is jammed drill som holes in him, also you can pull ot fan motor from cabin and put your hand inside to try to feel if it is wet, and if it is change your cabin heat exchanger...I call it cabin radiator hahahah. he might cracked and leak.....

ricz
5th December, 2010, 07:23 AM
Check to see if the actuator that change the air flow from the evaporator (cold) to the heater core (hot) is working. It might be stuck or does it have a heater shutoff valve, check to see if your heater core is getting hot.
Hope this helps!!!!

m3vuv
7th December, 2010, 01:41 AM
if it had an overheating problem in the past i would imagine the stat has been removed,if there is a stat in it drilling holes will make it run cooler!,check the pipes to the heater rad are getting hot,if there not then make sure it has a stat fitted and that your coolant level is ok,if they are getting hot check the control flaps in the heater unit are working,also check the pollen fillter isnt blocked if fitted,if all that checks out ok try back flushing the heater matrix,hope this helps,paul.

dsskaren
7th January, 2011, 02:47 PM
you say you have no heat ? how is the air flow through the vents ? there is a cabin air filter below the wiper module in the engine bay behind the insulation . I have seen the plug up bad causing no air flow & no heat .