PDA

View Full Version : SEAT IBIZA 2007 wiring problem

dave11674
28th November, 2010, 09:54 PM
CAR :- SEAT IBIZA stylance 2007 1.4 petrol

hi guys

wondering if any1 can help me here

my sister has the above car

she was in teh boot and noticed teh boot light was loose and in trying to move it about to make it stable there was a spark n the smell of buring like you get when the main live shorts to the chassis lol.

now upon looking behind the seat belt plastic where the boot light is, i notices a few wires melted and fused together
also the fuse in the fuse box was totally melted and hanging out. so i removed it for safety.

as far as safety goes i did think the fuses are there to blow to stop power in a SHORT, not in this case mr BAD SEAT.

so stripping back the black tape round the wires i notcies the light wire was melted into the BIG BROWN earth lead thats bolted to the chassis just nearby.

i tested the fuses and a couple were blown so replaced, but down the left side of the car there is no power.
the electric mirrors dont work now.
the NSF headlights dont work
the NSR tail lights dont work either
interior lights dont work which is down to the fuse melting and being removed.
the heater matrix aint working along with the rear wiper.

does any1 have any ideas as to where i can get a full wiring diagram for this car to help me trace wires about and hopefully sort this out for her.

im wondering if there is any relays blown as the fuses are fixed and still some of the items do not graft.

thanks for taking time to read this and any help you can give

muchos grassya$$

Dave

;)

teuton
29th November, 2010, 02:02 PM
You'll find the complete diagrams in ELSAWIN and some wiring are shownin AUTODATA as well. Good luck.

dave11674
30th November, 2010, 11:40 AM
good luck finding good link sin here
all of them are either dead links or dont work.

can any1 email me these please

thanks

dave

Meat-Head
30th November, 2010, 10:04 PM
Think, you might be better off, putting fuse back in and let it burn

dave11674
3rd December, 2010, 04:06 PM
hahahahah

tickled me did that

dave