PDA

View Full Version : humax freesat pvr

ssttaagg
28th November, 2010, 10:47 PM
very time i turn on my box it asks me if i want to retune. can this be turned off at all. or is it a fault with the box.

allycoops
28th November, 2010, 10:56 PM
Try This Mate if you have one of the following models,

just noticed you said freesat and not freeview. see if this option is there in yours
F2-1001T
F2-1011T
F2-FOXT
DV-1000T
PVR-8000T
PVR-9200T
PVR-9200T/B
PVR-9200T/S
PBR-9200TBX
PVR-9150T
PVR-9300T
PVR-9300T/500

When re-tuning the Humax equipment it is recommended that a Default Setting Installation is completed rather than an Automatic Search.

Warning: A Default Setting Installation restores the Humax factory default settings. Any previous user configured data will be removed and have to be entered again. This includes Favourites, Subtitles and Screen Ratio Settings. The PIN will also return to 0000.

To perform a Default Setting Installation please read the user manual or follow the instructions below:

Press the MENU button.
Select Installation using the up/down arrow buttons and press the OK button.
Enter PIN using the NUMERICAL (0-9) buttons.
Select Default Setting using the arrow buttons and press the OK button.
Select Yes and press the OK button to restore all settings to Factory Default.
Confirm again to start loading default settings. Enter PIN using the NUMERICAL (0-9) button to perform restoring.
When completing the Default Setting Installation, press the OK button to automatically run the Installation Wizard.

ssttaagg
3rd December, 2010, 10:19 AM
will it clear my h/drive .

allycoops
3rd December, 2010, 10:20 AM
Yes Mate I would think so.

ssttaagg
3rd December, 2010, 08:10 PM
best let the wife watch her films first then befor i do it

dave-h
6th December, 2010, 08:43 PM
It's a known issue with some Humax HDRs...Try

Switching off the power using the switch at the rear. Wait till the red led goes out, Power back on again and press the front boot switch. It will start to boot and shut down again. Press boot a second time hopefully the retune message won't be there.

If that doesn't work try a factory reset - It wont delete your recordings by the way, but it will delete any recording reservations/series links you have set