PDA

View Full Version : marelli 4W6/P8 ecu detail

maxiq4
30th November, 2010, 03:26 PM
dear ,
I need change the "injector opening time vs battery voltage" and "injectors data" values

I planning use bigger injectors,
so need to change someting in the ecu eprom file.

this is -94 alfaromeo 155 Q4 turbo orj file .

have you known details or any detail, please share

regards

oldford
30th November, 2010, 07:54 PM
I would be very carefull. Bigger injectors are only needed with a higher boost. These turbo's are not very strong.

grinovsky
30th November, 2010, 09:31 PM
hi
i translate for you one think that you need for adapting your ECU at your big injectors,this is the change that you must do in dump

maxiq4
3rd December, 2010, 09:52 PM
I planning 1.5 bar max
so new injectors needed

Can I install new big injectors without change "injector opening time" values ?? ( is it injector lag ? )

original injectors are 384cc IAW
Im planning siemens 630cc

oldford
4th December, 2010, 10:13 AM
Injector opening time is a correction factor to compensate for the difference in time that the injector is activated (electrical on time) and the time fuel actually is injected.
You might get away without changing them.
Have look here:
Everything is there except for the injector opening time.

1.5 bar is quite a lot. It is the maximum you can achieve with the standard map sensor.
You will need to change quite a lot more than just the injection times. Ignition, boost control, boost limit are just a few of them.
You will also need to adjust the selector row for the main injection and ignition tables as the maximum value in them is now around 1 bar.

easytech
6th December, 2010, 12:36 PM
You also need a bigger intercooler and downpipe, and reinforced pistons. Don't go more than 1,2-1,3 bar the engine will blow otherwise.

deltaza
6th June, 2018, 05:12 PM
Injector opening time is a correction factor to compensate for the difference in time that the injector is activated (electrical on time) and the time fuel actually is injected.
You might get away without changing them.
Have look here:
Everything is there except for the injector opening time.

1.5 bar is quite a lot. It is the maximum you can achieve with the standard map sensor.
You will need to change quite a lot more than just the injection times. Ignition, boost control, boost limit are just a few of them.
You will also need to adjust the selector row for the main injection and ignition tables as the maximum value in them is now around 1 bar.

UP!

We are on topic (Weber Marelli IAW 4W6/P8 ECU). I hope that someone could help me. I would like to put an APS/MAP SENSOR Weber Marelli 05/01 (max 2 bar relative pressure max) instead of the original 1.5 bar max sensor, to reach 1.7bar of turbo boost pressure (the engine is reinforced to resist to these pressures and has got a bigger turbocharger).
What have I to modify in the map? The turbo limit table/curve...and then? The carburation/fuel table? Other things?
Thank you!