PDA

View Full Version : Changed cluster on 2000 Audi S4, now no Navigation

Cozz
30th November, 2010, 10:25 PM
A customer changed the cluster on his 2000 S4. Cluster is used. He changed it because the old one has bad LED screen. The new/used one is from ebay. Mileage is within range and no one has attempted to mess with it. The problem is the navi worked on the original cluster. Customer states part # is the same and no dealer has clusters with and without Navi option. We press the navi button and nothing pops up on the new cluster. Is there something that must be turned on? I have VAG 10.6. I checked but didn't find any options off hand.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

milesbetteroff
30th November, 2010, 10:46 PM
Hi mate vag com can adapt the dash opion is in 17 instruments then coding help comes up should be quite simple good luck

Cozz
1st December, 2010, 12:33 AM
Thanks m8 but it didn't work. I tried every setting there was.

I'm really lost in this one.

tachonow
1st December, 2010, 01:07 AM
Read coding from old cluster or swap eeproms.

Cozz
1st December, 2010, 01:22 AM
Yup we're doing that now. Old cluster has same code as new cluster....02264. very odd

Putting in the new one back. I went through all channels in instruments and something that caught my on channel 62. Seems there's another navi option for CAN BUS. This was on the original cluster. I have to see if it's turned on with the new one.

Will report soon.

Cozz
1st December, 2010, 01:42 AM
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup channel 62 was set at 0 on the new cluster. Setting 4 will activate the Navi on the cluster. Done deal :congrats: