PDA

View Full Version : Wii Modification

Hazy
4th December, 2008, 01:58 PM
Hi, Does anyone know how I can modify my Wii Console to allow me to play backup games.

Is it a hardware modification or software change?

Or can someone let me know a site where I can get this information.

DiddyDave
4th December, 2008, 02:10 PM
Try this for size
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/installing-backup-loader-hack-16234/

Hazy
4th December, 2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks Diddydave, just what I wanted.

foz_graham
4th December, 2008, 10:18 PM
is this hard to do?

BigMall
5th December, 2008, 08:43 AM
is this hard to do?

Takes about 5 min.

dell_xps
5th December, 2008, 01:23 PM
is this hard to do?

Installed the twilight hack on my 3.4 Wii the other day, after a bit of trial and error, it was easy enough.
Follow the instructions, it's very easy and well worth the effort.
A lot of apps are not working on 3.4 just yet, but GeckoOS for region free is working perfectly, just grab the update files for it.I'm sure other apps will be working very shortly with 3.4, you can always downgrade to 3.2 once you have the homebrew channel working, most apps if not all run on 3.2.
HTH

Slym1ke
6th December, 2008, 07:28 PM
I installed a wiikey2 mod chip (updated it with update disk 1.2 to block updates from dvd).
did the twilight hack, installed HBC and then Rolled the system software back to 3.2.
updated mii channel and wii shop.
This leaves you with a prity bomb proof wii.
Caution should be used after setting up a wifi connection as your wii will prompt you to update...DON'T DO IT!

dell_xps
6th December, 2008, 08:03 PM
I installed a wiikey2 mod chip (updated it with update disk 1.2 to block updates from dvd).
did the twilight hack, installed HBC and then Rolled the system software back to 3.2.
updated mii channel and wii shop.
This leaves you with a prity bomb proof wii.
Caution should be used after setting up a wifi connection as your wii will prompt you to update...DON'T DO IT!

I'm running 3.4 as I said with the homebrew channel, mines is connected to the net 24/7, mario kart etc on line, no probs as yet.
:party: