PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new energy supplyer

yamar1
1st December, 2010, 07:17 PM
reet, im sick of my current supplyer (B.G) taking the piss. i use prepayment meters for the gas and electric so im looking for a new supplyer, EDF seem the cheapest by far on the comparison sites.

so,,,

anyone give me any tips on changing over, as iv never done it.

gmb45
1st December, 2010, 07:21 PM
have u looked at this yet ---> Comparison sites for gas & electricity, car insurance & more | uSwitch.com (http://www.uswitch.com/) a m8 of mine says they are great.

allycoops
1st December, 2010, 07:38 PM
Hello Pal.

are you on a low income? did you get the meter cause you was in debt to BG or was the meter already there when you moved in?

Do you know what tarriff you are on with BG, even though you are on pre pay metre there seems different tarriff's

You should phone them and ask to be put onto the Essentials Programme if your not already on it. may cut your bills and you may not need to change.

The Essentials tariff from British Gas (Cheap Gas and Electricity, Boilers - Login Here - British Gas (http://www.britishgas.co.uk)) is the UK?s largest social tariff, aimed at reducing the gas and electricity bills of 750,000 of the company?s most vulnerable customers.

The aim is to offer vulnerable customers the lowest standard gas and electricity prices - which are normally inaccessible to people who don?t have a bank account. And all those customers who are registered for the British Gas Winter Rebate scheme will automatically be moved onto the Essentials tariff.

National Energy Action (NEA), the leading fuel poverty charity, applauded the tariff. ?A new social tariff aimed at cutting gas and electricity bills for up to 750,000 of British Gas?s most vulnerable customers will see their energy bills drop by around ?307 per annum,? said William Gillis, NEA chief executive.

The Essentials tariff provides extra help to vulnerable customers, particularly those who use Pay As You Go Energy meters, which despite helping people on low-incomes to budget, are often a more costly way to pay for gas and electricity.

Essentials Programme Gas and Electricity - British Gas (http://www.britishgas.co.uk/products-and-services/energy/our-tariffs/essentials-programme.html)

EDF also have a social tarriff

Social energy tariffs for vulnerable customers. (http://www.energychoices.co.uk/social-tariffs.html)

EDF (Gas and electricity for your home and business, supplied by EDF Energy (http://www.edfenergy.com)) Energy Assist tariff is aimed at those customers experiencing fuel poverty - where they have to spend more than 10% of their household income on gas and electricity - or those receiving income support or pension credit.

Energy Assist gives vulnerable customers a 15% discount on EDF?s standard energy prices and around 57,000 customers currently benefit from this reduced tariff.

The tariff is applied directly to those customers with standard or Economy 7 meters while those with prepayment or complex metering will automatically receive a rebate each year

Meat-Head
2nd December, 2010, 12:19 AM
Just for reference, currantly having greif with energy suppliers.

Went from "Meat-City-Power" to "Fish-City-Energy Ltd"
Some how "Meat-City-Power" think the gas meter reading is 100 units more than it should be!

Take photo's of your Meter and keep it handy - bastards.

gmb45
2nd December, 2010, 04:21 AM
~~~~ing british gas pish any way :puke:, when i moved here the gas and leccy was already supplied by bg so had to stick with then for a month, the basads charged me ?54 for one month just for gas :eek: and it was the middle of summer as well and hadnt used any gas, basads :mad: ( @meaty good idea m8 ;) )

^^TommyTee
2nd December, 2010, 04:36 AM
all the energy suppliers are robbing b a s t ar d s

excuse my french but they take the piss big time

off topic other day i had too purchase a 15kg bottle of butane

i got it from my local calor outlet they charged me 28 uk pounds

today i learnt my friend bought one from same place for 14 pound

i paid twice as much as my pal why is this ?

i think they set the prices as they like..

a genuine requirement in winter is gas too heat your home yet we still being taken advantage

If twists me up O Time

Meat-Head
2nd December, 2010, 09:05 AM
at M-H-M we order 2x 47 kg propane - went from 82.20 to 93 - bastards
re-ordered and asked for a price first and the phone went quiet, M-H-M it's 82.20 !

Bastards - handy if want bottle for home, order through work.

Canker_Canison
2nd December, 2010, 09:44 PM
Be careful when using Uswitch. The prices they use to compare with can be out of date, especially when prices have increased. I used to work for NPower & checked the prices Uswitch were using against our database...They still had the old pricing on the comparisons that were at least 2 months out of date.

Always check on the prices that Uswitch use.

Meat-Head
2nd December, 2010, 10:09 PM
I used to work for NPower .

If we each turn up on your front door with a bucket, could you fill it with 50/50 gas and electricity please?

Thanks

Meaty.

xant14
2nd December, 2010, 10:23 PM
a 15kg bottle of butane

i got it from my local calor outlet they charged me 28 uk pounds

today i learnt my friend bought one from same place for 14 pound

Calor is about that I have found (?28), I found another spplier that charged me ?20 and that was with a new regulator too. I since went back, and they upped it to ?25.. in just 5 months,
I would welcome the info on the 14 quid bottles.
Cheers

Canker_Canison
3rd December, 2010, 12:11 AM
If we each turn up on your front door with a bucket, could you fill it with 50/50 gas and electricity please?

Thanks

Meaty.

I'd love too, but I've never been able to keep pure electricity in a bucket. ~~~~er keeps melting. I've tried watering it down a bit...but it would appear that water & electricity don't mix to well. Tried to store it in an acid gel, bucket ~~~~ing melted again.

Meat-Head
3rd December, 2010, 09:12 AM
I'd love too, but I've never been able to keep pure electricity in a bucket. ~~~~er keeps melting. I've tried watering it down a bit...but it would appear that water & electricity don't mix to well. Tried to store it in an acid gel, bucket ~~~~ing melted again.

Sue that's not Opium - Olium? - STRONGEST acid in world eats glass after 6 months found in burnt cars, have to cut limbs off if you touch it, cool