PDA

View Full Version : 500s installation

crazyfool
4th December, 2008, 02:30 PM
Hello People, this is my first post. I can see from reading through the forum that i am in the midst of more than a few geniuses here!

I bought a 500s dreambox on the advice of a friend to enable me to watch the 3pm kick off on saturdays. he has a 500c and has installed a few of them for other friends, but i am unable to get cable in the area where i live so i have gone for the 500s with my satellite subscription. He has tried but has been unable to get my box installed.

I am an absolute tool with these things, so basically im asking for help. i have a dreambox, Sky subscription, broadband. what do i need to do to get this thing up and running? Ive had this thing for about 6 weeks now and its still not installed. Is there anyone or does any of you forumista's have contact details for someone in the Belfast area who might be able to install he dreambox for me. Im willing to pay for it of course.

oh and apologies if i come across as a complete muppet!

ShaGGy
4th December, 2008, 03:11 PM
Hi Crazyfool

I am a novice myself (expecting my box tomorrow) but from what I have read in these forums to enable your sky card to work you need to alter some settings in the box so it will make use of your card, I presume you already havea sky dish installed and conected for the sky channels.

As for the 3pm games I am sure you won`t be able to get these without a different bigger dish pointing at a different satellite and a cardshare to the channels that shows these games.

i am sure someone with all the knowledge will be in here soon to point you in the right direction.

crazyfool
4th December, 2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks for that ShaGGy.

even if i cant get the saturday games, im sure it should open up Sky Sports etc. i just have a basic Sky package, so even if it opens up some of the other sky channels ill be a happy man. I was hoping to lie in front of the tv all day saturday with the United game at half 5 then all the boxing on Saturday night but im not holding my breath as i was also hoping to see the Calzaghe and Hatton fights as well. If i get it working this side of xmas ill be delighted.

opsmonkey
4th December, 2008, 03:58 PM
Hi Crazyfool

I am a novice myself (expecting my box tomorrow) but from what I have read in these forums to enable your sky card to work you need to alter some settings in the box so it will make use of your card, I presume you already havea sky dish installed and conected for the sky channels.

As for the 3pm games I am sure you won`t be able to get these without a different bigger dish pointing at a different satellite and a cardshare to the channels that shows these games.

i am sure someone with all the knowledge will be in here soon to point you in the right direction.

99.9% correct mate.. you will get plenty of 3pm kick offs with a sky sized dish.. just aim it at 13E Hotbird or 19E Astra.. rest of what you say is spot on..!