PDA

View Full Version : big brother is watching !

melloned
2nd December, 2010, 02:30 AM
:eek: i've been flogging all the families old starviews on fleabay over the last few months , 1st one : ?16 , 2nd ?12 , 3rd 99p ! , my last listings were removed by fleabay , as virmin media had contacted them to say they were unhappy about my most recent listings . If i wanted to query this , i could contact their fraud hotline number to clarify matters !. Fleabay's policy pledge , assured me this was a general infringement and i'd not been singled out .But starviews are still on general sale without removal , so i think i have been . Another strangey ! is that my vermin phoneline has been disconnected (dead) since my contract termination months ago , but today the handset i forgot to unplug from it , began ringing , i ignored it , but line is now live again ! , i've unplugged the phone now !

Sounds like sour virgin grapes to me , but beware ! , i've no contract , no equipment and even less intention of inviting them in for a cuppa , but they're still out there sniffing for boxes that don't work any longer ?? , or maybe they're worrying about their jobs since n3 , or do the old starviews have hidden secrets up their sleeves !!! :hmmmm2:

Meat-Head
2nd December, 2010, 09:11 AM
LATE for work - in the snow.

1) plug phone back in leave off hook
2) short out phone socket 2 and 5 (top of head)

This will 'hold' the line one less line for others to use - rg emergency services, pizza company etc.
GOT to go

barrowmanandrew
2nd December, 2010, 10:56 AM
i had a vermin contract a few years ago.
tv and phoneline, full tv package, a proper sub..

one friday i came home to find i was cut off.
reason:
because my bills were were around the ?100 mark per month, the missus had ordered a film. this put my bill over the credit limit they were prerpared to extend to me... (now bearing in mind i paid by direct debit and never missed a payment)
how ~~~~in stoopid is that, they put all this technology into your home and cut you off because you are using it... :hmmmm2::hmmmm2::hmmmm2:

anyway, to cut a long story short i had a major fallout with them and never paid them another penny.

strange thing is, like you i had forgotton to pull the phone out of the socket.
a few months later it started ringing,
i decided to try the vermin box and guess what??? all channels were back on...
the channels stayed on for around a month.......

must be a common thing with them then.......

josh279
2nd December, 2010, 11:05 AM
similar issue with me 9 years ago when it was telewest in the midlands.

Only had the internet off them, had a row with them so stopped paying my bill.

1 month later modem was still on, phoned them to make sure they wren't going to try and bill me again and was told no we wont and the modem will disconnect soon.

Flash forward 7 years later, modem was still working and upgrading every time they changed the speed. This was a totally original, never opened up modem.

Still worked after a house mate got a new package with TV and modem and moved out taking the package with him.

Gotta love corporate ineptness

melloned
2nd December, 2010, 12:41 PM
similar issue with me 9 years ago when it was telewest in the midlands.

Only had the internet off them, had a row with them so stopped paying my bill.

1 month later modem was still on, phoned them to make sure they wren't going to try and bill me again and was told no we wont and the modem will disconnect soon.

Flash forward 7 years later, modem was still working and upgrading every time they changed the speed. This was a totally original, never opened up modem.

Still worked after a house mate got a new package with TV and modem and moved out taking the package with him.

Gotta love corporate ineptness

:congrats: Nice One :thefinger: yours vermin !