PDA

View Full Version : Bluray/hd-dvd Rips

davidharvey75
28th February, 2008, 06:55 PM
I downloaded The Fast And The Furious (hd-dvd rip) mkv file(actually wanted 2 fast 2 furious but what the hey).
Anyway it's 4.3gb. But i ran it through the mkv passover profile in ps3video9 prog. (Had to burn it onto disc as my 8gb pen drive i think only accepts 4gb or less files.)
Loaded the disc in the ps3 and it showed up saying corrupt data.
Tried it on my comp and it played sound through quicktime but no picture.
Now running it through "super" converter. Taking a while, but anybody know of quicker easier ways of playing bluray or hd-dvd rips on the ps3.
Cheers

allycoops
28th February, 2008, 08:09 PM
I downloaded The Fast And The Furious (hd-dvd rip) mkv file(actually wanted 2 fast 2 furious but what the hey).
Anyway it's 4.3gb. But i ran it through the mkv passover profile in ps3video9 prog. (Had to burn it onto disc as my 8gb pen drive i think only accepts 4gb or less files.)
Loaded the disc in the ps3 and it showed up saying corrupt data.
Tried it on my comp and it played sound through quicktime but no picture.
Now running it through "super" converter. Taking a while, but anybody know of quicker easier ways of playing bluray or hd-dvd rips on the ps3.
Cheers#

Hi David,

Ive been experimenting with this for a couple of weeks or so. tried all different ways etc.

what Ive found to do the best job is open the MKV file in "MKVmerge" check that english is 1st language, remove any others and any english subs , takes about 5/10 minutes,then use the latest version of Winavi to convert the MKV file (approx 2hrs for a 4gig file) into a HD AVI, You will see a drop down menu (user defined) pick HD Divx 1280x720. Once its converted because PS3 only recognises avi@ up to 2gig , split the 4 gig into parts under 2gig takes 5 minutes using Boilsoft AVI splitter. copy to usb stick then play. I usually copy them to the HDD of Playstation. I've done alot and all have played perfectly.

forgot to say when moving the avi's from the PC to USB stick , create a folder 1st on USB stick called VIDEO (note the capitals not lower case),Stick the AVI's in there, I find the ps3 picks up the files better by doing this

Hope this helps mate

davidharvey75
28th February, 2008, 11:54 PM
Cheers Allycoops, Didn't realize that the ps3 only dealt with avi files 2gb or under. Thats the first obstical overwith. Thanks again.