PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Virus VB.FNB

sandiemag
4th December, 2008, 04:11 PM
Managed to get a Trojan Virus VB.FNB onto my laptop.
Any ideas how to get rid of it.
Tried various downloads, these all seem to identify its there but wont do the removal.
Someone told me to wipe the whole lot and re-install everything.
This seems a little severe!
Used AVG which identifies it and moves it into the virus vault, thought that was it, however, its still on my laptop.
At present it only seems to stop my access to google.com and yahoo.com.

:hmmmm2:

Walkinmyshadow
4th December, 2008, 04:40 PM
Norton are giving a 90 free trial of their anti-virus if you feel avg isn't removing the trojan effectively, make sure you uninstall avg first as the two anti-virus will clash, you can always install it again once the Norton 90 trial is up

http://spftrl2.digitalriver.com/pub/symantec/2004/NAV2009_16.0_Build_0000001_OEM90_Microsoft.exe

sandiemag
5th December, 2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks for that link, took all other antivirus programs etc off laptop and added Norton trial. This identified several problems and quarantined them. However, it doesnt seem to have picked up the trojan VB.FNB. This must be a naughty one. I appreciate your help to date.

tumi999
5th December, 2008, 03:52 PM
if the problem continues, try SPYBOT SEACH AND DESTROY

Walkinmyshadow
5th December, 2008, 05:06 PM
This is a link to some more software that might help you,
its an anti-viral toolkit It’s main purpose is meant to remove malwares and trojans but not viruses,
let us know how u get on

http://z-oleg.com/avz4.zip

kfrank85
6th December, 2008, 09:56 PM
I had V undo and other variations, there ARE good links on the web with full instructions BUT from what rememer I SPYWARE DR and SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY are 2 essentials.

You will probly need to boot in safe mode, run them uninstall JAVA, disable ALL INternet Explorer extensions/add-ons and revert to original settings in set up.

These are the basic for some of the nastier stuff out there, you may need further instructions which are widely available... I'll post if I find one I used in the past.

Best of Luck.

manhatten
6th December, 2008, 10:46 PM
Try this one Its free And its very good at sorting your computer out from a dodgy download

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

man

Hazza
11th December, 2008, 07:39 PM
I had a trojan on my laptop a while back and found a neat little prog called Trojan Remover, it fould the item and deleted it no problem. Try a google search, I'm at work now so not sure of the link.
Harry

burnage bowler
11th December, 2008, 07:56 PM
If nothing else works i have found the housecall, works because it is external to your pc, I had one that was shutting down any anitvirus programme i had on the pc. try the link.

Trend Micro HouseCall - Free Online Virus and Spyware Scan - Trend Micro UK (http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/)

smokey_jnr
11th December, 2008, 08:05 PM
Managed to get a Trojan Virus VB.FNB onto my laptop.
Any ideas how to get rid of it.
Tried various downloads, these all seem to identify its there but wont do the removal.
Someone told me to wipe the whole lot and re-install everything.
This seems a little severe!
Used AVG which identifies it and moves it into the virus vault, thought that was it, however, its still on my laptop.
At present it only seems to stop my access to google.com and yahoo.com.

:hmmmm2:

do you know where the vault if so log on in safe mode as administrator and remove/delete the file, you won;t get any more notices. try running a spyware or malware dtector spybot search and destroy is prob the easiest to use..

gmb45
12th December, 2008, 06:21 AM
try malwarebytes from malwarebytes.org i had a problem where everytime i went onto the net i got a virsus warning from my resident scanner avast did scans with various software but still same in the end i uninstalled avast then reinstalled avast ran scans and bingo it found them strange that i wonder if the virus was in the resident scanner itself.

sandiemag
12th December, 2008, 12:39 PM
All sorted.
Norton Antivirus done the trick.
Thanks to Walkinmyshadow