PDA

View Full Version : 42 inch flat screen tv problem!

4743stephenf
3rd December, 2010, 09:58 PM
Got one recently ever since been hazy picture its connected too a sky hd box the picture is good but i think it cud be so much sharper its a full hd tv could it be the hdmi cable as there is one pluged into it that the sky guy gave during install bought a mnster one for cheap enough same problem any suggestions greatly appreciated!?

cactikid
3rd December, 2010, 11:03 PM
check your settings on box and tv,i presume engineer set up box for you so settings should have been checked.

v8 dave
6th December, 2010, 02:22 PM
What brand is it?

Just because you *think* it should be better, doesn't mean it actually_IS_ supposed to be!

For example, anything with the word Technika on the front deserves to be interfaced with the sharp end of a ball pein hammer. The quality is truly dreadful on every model I have ever seen.

I'd be going through the settings menu to see if there is anything along the lines of digital picture enhancement; all of it is dreck of one form or another.

As an aside, the out of the box setup and supplied HDMI cable from my Sky HD install produced a nice picture on my slightly battered, twice repaired Samsung 40" LCD