View Full Version : problem with daihatsu 4d key maker

spider2004
3rd December, 2010, 10:24 PM
hi friends
i have daihatsu 4d key maker from china
i coud not add a new key for daihatsu charade chip is 4d 67
i follow this steps as written in manual

1. connect the programmer to the OBD port of the car

2. Insert the original key into the ignition lock, turn to "ON" position ,then remove this key after the theftproof light off

3. Third, insert the new key into the ignition lock, then turn to "ON" position, the new key will successful when the theftproof light off.

4. Now can remove the programmer from the OBD port.

i have cut the new key with a chip 4d 67
put device in obd port but when turned the original key on
theftproof light after a long time still flash Constantly
is this device Defective or chip is wrong or i have a mistake
pls help

advanced thanks

spider2004
5th December, 2010, 05:36 PM
pls anybody answer

shitad
6th December, 2010, 12:48 AM
If I am correct this tool will only work with a BLACK Key which is usuallly the MASTER key. Diahatsu normally only comes with 1 Master key.
You need the check this first.

spider2004
6th December, 2010, 02:50 PM
If I am correct this tool will only work with a BLACK Key which is usuallly the MASTER key. Diahatsu normally only comes with 1 Master key.
You need the check this first.

thanks shitad really it is not black key but all of daihatsu comes to me with brown or gray key , this car is daihatsu charade.
the problem when i connect the programmer to obd port,turn original key to on position theftproof light dosent go off(Constantly flashes)

bowbow
11th December, 2010, 01:24 AM
As toyota and Daihatsu are the same thing now you could try for a test to program in a toyota Black master key.
What you can do is wrap aluminum foil around the head of the new Cut key to block the siginal of the pransponder chip and get a key from a toyota with a 4d 67 key and place it or its internal transponder unit beside the now taped up key and try reprogamming the car and see if this works . It will prove that all you need is a toyota master key and that your programmer works.

I have used the foil trick many times to block signals and it works

Good luck

Cozz
12th December, 2010, 05:46 PM
I don't know which programmer you have. Would like to know.

But it sounds like you have too many keys already programmed in to the unit. If everything else is correct. Could be the wrong ID chip. Really hard to find out without a a better programmer. Something like a T300. SBB can tell you how many keys already programmed into the unit in many cases.

spider2004
13th December, 2010, 04:40 PM
thanks for all
i use daihatsu 4d key programmer from china
when i connect this small pice to obd port,turn switch to on ,sec light continue flash