PDA

View Full Version : ftdi232bl eeprom switch

elchip
5th December, 2010, 04:13 PM
Hi too all here I am after short pause... ;-)
Here is way to you make two or more HW based on one FTDI232BL ( other I am not tested).
For example find here on DK how to make Galletto from KKL interface - modification.Now you need simple multi section switch.One section use for switch mod ( diode and 10K resistor to KKL to make it Galletto.Second switch section use to switch pin No 8 from 93C46 to Vdd (+5V) form USB. Now you simple program EEPROM No2 with EPT form GAlletto .

Beafore you switch from KKL to Galletto or back way you must disconet interface from USB !

Here is little bad picture from my WEBCAM how I was put wires to add switch KKL <-> Galletto.
Again when you put switch to position KKL in same time must be enabled power to EEPROM with Serial-usb EPT ( ftdi default ) and when you enable with switch MOD to KKL DIODE + RESISTOR 10K in that case must be enabled Vdd to pin 8 of EEPROM with Galletto EPT .

These is only one help to you escape different interfaces for almost same hardware .....

New eeprom come on top of old and you need to solder all pins parallel except pin No 8 go to air from old and new eeprom to you can switch Vdd to separate eeprom .

Or if you need only different ept file's in same hardware these is way to you not need flash eeprom every time...;-)

If someone have some interest ideas about something similar please post.

micromax
3rd January, 2011, 08:11 PM
i switch only pin 3 (93c46) other connect 1-1, 2-2...

work fine on many interfaces (galletto1080, 1250, kwp, edc16 flasher...)