PDA

View Full Version : BMW E90 - Steering Angle Sensor - DSC

Artjom
5th December, 2010, 05:18 PM
Hallo guys.

I have following problem .. coustomer came to me with an e90 335d 2007 that had all contollunits from one car and CAS and DDE from other car...

in all controlunits the VIN was changed ..

I checkes with BMW Explorer from bmw26.ru, VIN is same.

but some controlunits have last AIF(UIF) with old VIN

Problem is that after the guy changed the VIN the active stearing stoped working. Car came to him with all controlunits from one car including CAS and DDE and this idiot could no make new keys so he decited to just put other CAS and DDE to car.

i tried with DIS in service function... to activate the active stearing but always come error 200.134 from DIS , so cant adjust active stearing... but adjust the Steering Angle Sensor is not problem ..

or has the Steering Angle Sensor a VIN so it dont work with DSC ?

Is it possible that the DCS vin is changes but of the steating angle sensor can change vin.. ? because i heard that in E65 the steatring angle sensor has own vin..

tech111
5th December, 2010, 05:40 PM
check the vehicle order of the car maybe parts brought from a car with active steering and this car doesn't have , in this case you will always get a zero value

Artjom
5th December, 2010, 05:57 PM
thx for you fast answear... how can i check that?

when i read with DIS .. the active stearing is black but has no x or ! beside it , same with junction block.

both can be diagnosist.. i can read errors and values..

i read the FA in CAS with BMW Explorer and it seemed to active staring there..

how can i check if it is programmed?

The story was like that... in the cars the engine was burned.. so everything was taken from doner car.. the donner car had active stearing.. the original car didnt..

the guy how worked on that car and changes the vins...

as i understood he took CAS from the original car and the ECU from doner car and now active stearing dont work anymore.. but it war working.. when car came to him with orignal cas and ecu..

tech111
5th December, 2010, 06:36 PM
do you have ncs or anything to read the fa codes in the car ???

if you are satisified with the help press the thanks bottom

Artjom
5th December, 2010, 06:38 PM
i have full ncs expert but how can i know which code is for which equipment ?

tech111
5th December, 2010, 06:50 PM
check whether you have S217A , if not add and code the car

Artjom
5th December, 2010, 06:54 PM
do you have a list ... for the codes so i can see what code is what equipment?

thx

vares
5th December, 2010, 09:15 PM
ETK for this

3in1san
5th December, 2010, 10:43 PM
File E89AT.000 in NCS Expert folder contains evrything you need.

Artjom
6th December, 2010, 01:50 PM
you are right you can realy find all the equipment there.. but i will have a look on etk also.. maybe better to use..

does anybody know if the Staeraing Angle Sensor has VIN?

Can you just take all staring angle unit from different car?

I heard that the E60 has vin in it.. but the e90 not.. can anybody confirm..

Artjom
8th December, 2010, 09:35 AM
now we managed to make the stearing angle sensor work but can make the active stearing work...

The car seems to be codes right ... we added active stearing ...

but when we do DIS short test.. the active stearing and the junction box are shadowed, as they are in the equipment of the car BUT there is still no X or ! beside.. so as i understand those controlunits dont get the right responce to the car...

Before an idiot changed all vins in that car and made some coding the active stearing was working.. so it must be problem in the programming..

we also had problem with szl (stearingwheel lock) ... but we flashed an update on it with inpa

we also flashed the acvitive stearing module to get the last AIF (UIF) Vin and Vin of controlunit to be same

i dont know if it matter but the last AIF(UIF) Vin and the controlunit Vin of DSC is not same..

Just so you understand.. ECU and CAS and keys were taken from one car without active stearing.. and everything else was taken from other car with active stearing..

We have no idea where to star or what to change first.. one say the steating angle unit dont fit to DSC .. other say junction box is problem ... other say active stearing controlunit..

would apriciate some help..

cammy25
9th December, 2010, 12:33 AM
Its not VIN ....I think its serial of steering angle sensor.

you must check with Tool32 what serial is programmed in DSC.

2nd thing....if only CAS and DDE are changed , why didnt you get the coding from FRM?? as that should be original

Artjom
9th December, 2010, 08:35 AM
Ok now i found out.. everything in the car is from the modufication model from that came out 06.2007 ... all controllunits... BUT this idiot that played with the car... he put old CAS dump of 2006 e90 pre modification ...

so he used the original dump of 2006 BUT put it in the new cas that belong to 2007 model ... dont know if it make a difference...

we changed the equipment by nsc expert BUT can not code the car totaly.. because some controlunits like FRM dont responce.. so we codes some controllunits seperately..

can this have something to do with the fact that he used old dump for new cas ?

cammy can you tell me how to look up the serial nb in tool32.. newer worked with it before..

does the serial nb have to match the dsc? .. strange is that active stearing was working before the started programming...

it so frustrating to do this car after some idiot masssed so much up...

please help guy.. this is realy a tough one..

cammy25
9th December, 2010, 09:10 AM
1st: Check WHY FRM doesnt answer, its very important component in car. if you can fix it, then you can extract PSW trace from there.
2nd: I think all CAS 3 in E90 are same only 318/320d with start stop system differs.

can you please post the FA and all DTC's with exact description?

Artjom
9th December, 2010, 11:04 PM
here the FA of both cars...

the KZ85610 .. is the car where the CAS dump was taken from

and the other .. is where all controllunits come from includet cas and DDE... just the dump of the cas is from other car...

I attached the dump of cas that is in it now.. and the original cas dump that used to be original... maybe you can compare..

also i atached an picture of all controlunits read out by bmw explorer.. the red makred vin mean that VIN in controlunit and AIF are different..

cammy25
10th December, 2010, 10:45 AM
so now is the car totally cloned?

all units have same UIF and VIN then i guess they are coded with coding out of the new cas, wich doesnt belong to the car.

Do you want to stay using this VIN from other car??

if yes then: Put old dump in CAS and put in car.
Then you read coding with NCSexpert. Go to your "work" folder and copy all files and send them to me.

if not, then we need to syncronise DDE and change VIN in DDE too. If CAS/DDE are sync then other parts are piece of cake.

Artjom
10th December, 2010, 10:58 AM
Not in all the controllunits the UIF VIN and the controlunit vin match .. the ones where it dont match are marked red in the picture of bmw explorer.. where you see all of the controllunits..

We need to use the old vin ..

I will do as you said..

we tried flashed the active stearing and the SZL so now the UIF VIN there also match..

if i want to put the old data back.. i just need to put data into the eprom right? because flash should be same or?

because i just have eeprom data read by rosfar clone.. mcu is DG256 -

cammy25
11th December, 2010, 12:41 AM
Yes flash is same. Program only eeprom.

But in screenshot you sent i see only 1 UIF. Red ones are just with errors.

autodash
12th December, 2010, 09:52 PM
All is easy if you cas and dde is on another car

write me on skype and will help bmw_service-bg

:coffin:

autodash
12th December, 2010, 09:53 PM
All is easy if you cas and dde is on another car

write me on skype and will help bmw_service_bg

:coffin:

Artjom
29th December, 2010, 09:12 AM
problem was solved .. thx to everyone that helped and contributed

trigital
7th January, 2011, 09:54 PM
Can you share the solution?

Artjom
7th January, 2011, 10:23 PM
the solution is that i could not make any aligment because

1. DME had fault .. fault was solved..
2. i used a used cas .. changed vin int his used cas.. ans make FA coding according to car.. after that i make aligment of DSC .. then aligment of AL ... BUT AL aligment you need the steering wheel to keep turning from one site to other.. because this in nowhere written... and i just found out this by luck..

if someone will need any assystence in any coding.. at bmw can always contact me..

trigital
10th January, 2011, 10:00 AM
the solution is that i could not make any aligment because

1. DME had fault .. fault was solved..
2. i used a used cas .. changed vin int his used cas.. ans make FA coding according to car.. after that i make aligment of DSC .. then aligment of AL ... BUT AL aligment you need the steering wheel to keep turning from one site to other.. because this in nowhere written... and i just found out this by luck..

if someone will need any assystence in any coding.. at bmw can always contact me..

Nice!

My problem is like this:

On a E82, I change the DSC and the SZL with second hand units, not from the same car with different VIN's.

I succed to code and change VIN into DSC, but the SZL is not longer present into diagnostic menu and is conected directly to DSC.

I can not enable and calibrate the wheel sensor, because DSC tell me that the SZL has incorect serial.

In attach is 24c08 from SZL and if someone can virginise that, I will code again the DSC and as DIS told the SZL will be coded automaticly.

Thanks,

Artjom
11th January, 2011, 08:54 AM
Hallo! as you see i had similar problem...

what i found out is that the SZL or its Vin is not important... as far as i know it doesnt have vin.. only SZL of E60 has Vin..

I had 3 different SZL from 3 different e90 and all of them worked just fine.. so SZL is not important.. and as E82 and e90 are almost same car...

first of all how did you change the VIN of DSC ?

What errors you have in the DSC ?

My procedure was... i made DSC unit aligment... in the service function menue in DIS ..

then i went to the stearing angle sensor and made aligment there...

BUT you can JUST do this IF DDE and DSC have no errors ... DSC can have errors like stearing angle sensor but not that some wheel sensor is not working..

In my case DSCalso told me that the serial dont match but this was no problem ...

I solved all errors in the DDE and DSC first then made DSC-Unit aligment , then stearing angle aligment and then it started working...

at the beginning i was also told the the SZL has vin and it will never work but i tested it and car drives...

if you will need assystence... add me on skype msn and i can help ...

trigital
11th January, 2011, 09:57 AM
Maybe VIN was not important in your case because the DSC and SZL has the same VIN.

Did you try if any of the 3 different SZL's can see the weel value ?

Now in service function I have ''NONE'' on DSC calibration and also in Steering weel aligment.

I change the VIN with abritus, but I do not recomand this solution on DCAN!

The best way is with WinKFP.

http://www.bmw-planet.com/diagrams/release/en/zinfo/STG_FB_DSC_MK60E5.htm

Artjom
11th January, 2011, 10:24 AM
in my case the DSC and SZL were from different cars so same as in your case... i chandes the vin with bmw explorer

at the beginning none of the SZL showed any stearing angle values.. thats why i began to thing that SZL has to have vin ...

but in my case the SZL also did not come to diagnostics... in e90 series it dont come to diagnostics .. its includet in the DSC.

i do many e90 often it got an used DSC and the SZL was not changed.

Your car has active stearing ?

When you go to DIS ... you go to additonal function (left buttom) -> service functions -> DSC -> DSC unit aligment -> none (if you got here you have to push the button on the ground.. something like proceed after plan)

after that the stearing wheel sensor should start working.. in this procedure the all DSC sensors are resetet and aligment

boss151
2nd March, 2011, 07:12 PM
Hello, i have similar problem with dsc unit in e87. I replace DCS with second hand unit and dis displays 3 problems:
vin, stering anlage sensor, dsc switch.
I have ncs expert 3.1 but there is not e87 on the list?
When i try code strering anlage sensor with dis -in right column dis says"NONE".
Anynone can tell "step by step" how change VIN with ncs..:)
Best rgs.and sorry for my bad english

casiu
8th October, 2023, 12:16 PM
hi, i got same problem, is re flash the eeprom of the SAS is needed? because i checked the DSC data stream and i turn the wheel, but steering angle value did not even move.