PDA

View Full Version : anyone please help me,just starting to setup?

paks5444
5th December, 2010, 05:28 PM
can anyone please help me....
i have a tgm 220 itgate cablebox..i want to convert it to satellite.
can you please tell me what i need to get it up and running..software and image wise?
i have image 7.9 on my cable box at the moment

thewizardofodds
5th December, 2010, 05:34 PM
nice first post!

paks5444
5th December, 2010, 05:47 PM
nice first post!
i used to belong to satkings forum..i really want to upgrade the box i have now tbh,ITGATE tgm220..i have the satellite tuner comming from spain...i just need the information and software that will help me,get it up and running as a satellite box instead of a cable box.
cheers

andiewill
5th December, 2010, 09:22 PM
Once you get the tuner plug it in and factorty reset your box (Turn box off Press the up button on the box and turn back on, go through the menu and select factory reset) the image software that is on the box will detect the sat tuner, then you will need to add the cccam.

Then have a look at some of the threads in the itgate section regarding the cccam and if you get stuck come back and im sure someone will help you :-)

By the way what set up do you have ie:- dish size, motor or fixed dish etc.... and also say hi to the nice guys at DK while your at it for supporting us :-)

paks5444
6th December, 2010, 05:37 PM
Once you get the tuner plug it in and factorty reset your box (Turn box off Press the up button on the box and turn back on, go through the menu and select factory reset) the image software that is on the box will detect the sat tuner, then you will need to add the cccam.

Then have a look at some of the threads in the itgate section regarding the cccam and if you get stuck come back and im sure someone will help you :-)

By the way what set up do you have ie:- dish size, motor or fixed dish etc.... and also say hi to the nice guys at DK while your at it for supporting us :-)
i have a fixed dish for the moment,a large one ,but i dont know the exact size..havent used it for a while.
i have the itgate tgm 220 (swapable tuner).
looking to get it motorised after xmas..just want to get it up and running for now.
i reckon i will need a new digital LNB as well..anyone got any suggestions which one i should choose?

mept1
6th December, 2010, 06:12 PM
You wil need v8 firmware or above to access the panel via the blue button,.....v7.9 will not be sufficient,if you require more than fta

pantomime horse
6th December, 2010, 11:38 PM
I'm running 7.9 at the moment and it seems to do fine
it found astra 28.2 no probs so freeview channels are fine
so for the moment you can just swap tuners , factory reset from the menu, search for satelite choosing 28.2 astra and the scan for channels

worked for me ayway

obviously the more up to date version should be better but it will get you up and running straight away

my take on this would be to get it up and running this way first so that you have verified that tuner is working fine and wait till you get your new motorised dish etc before upgrading image

hope this helps m8