PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall/Opel Astra 1.9cdti 150hp speed limiter

teoturo
6th December, 2010, 05:14 PM
Unfortunately I'm spending much time on a guest's car which drives now perfectly after I made a 40/50hp ECU remap, but I'm still not able to disable the speed limiter at 140mph (210km/h). The car pushes like a train with no loss till 140mph, goes at 142-143mph and then stops and stabilizes on 140mph in every condition.

I found 1possible limiter but modifying it had no result.
Ecusafe found another possible limiter but the modify had no result.

The car could probably reach at least 150mph or more and this guest give me no peace as he would like to kill the limiter.

Can somebody help me please?

I attach original file

macxlulu
6th December, 2010, 06:11 PM
new limiter 280 km/h :) in flash

send all bdm file,you must editing eeprom file

teoturo
9th December, 2010, 09:26 AM

I tried the same modify (it's ecusafe modify) and also another (found by myself) but the car is still stopping at 220km/h as original... do you think limiter is somewhere else?

I attach e2p as asked... but I must be sure not to block the ecu. Touching the e2p is not safe usually. But if you are sure I'll try. Thanks

donovan2123
11th December, 2010, 10:49 AM
What tool are you using? You must use a tool i.e. kess or bdm to write. As allthe other tools only write part file and always miss the limiter.

teoturo
13th December, 2010, 05:36 PM
What tool are you using? You must use a tool i.e. kess or bdm to write. As allthe other tools only write part file and always miss the limiter.

As my 2 file names start with BDM, which tool do you think I use ?? :withstupid:

teoturo
13th December, 2010, 05:37 PM

I posted e2p file... can you help me with that as flash modify is not enough?

teoturo
3rd January, 2011, 03:10 PM
Nobody could help me?

grinovsky
3rd January, 2011, 03:30 PM
if the file in the first post is the original send the tuned file
the original don't have any limiter speed
but it have others limiters

teoturo
3rd January, 2011, 03:50 PM
if the file in the first post is the original send the tuned file
the original don't have any limiter speed
but it have others limiters

If the limiter before and after tuning is the same at the same speed, how could help if I send the tuned file?
Especially because there's a speed limiter (16x16 set to 10000) but mofifying it is not enough.

grinovsky
3rd January, 2011, 03:55 PM
if you send the tuned file i will modify only the limiters that you don't modify

teoturo
3rd January, 2011, 04:11 PM
if you send the tuned file i will modify only the limiters that you don't modify

And could you not just modify the original? It's the same of you know the position. Or not? The only limiters I modify are torque limiters (2 maps) and I also add a know point at the end with no results.

grinovsky
3rd January, 2011, 04:25 PM
sory but if i don't see the tuned file i can't help you

teoturo
3rd January, 2011, 04:38 PM
sory but if i don't see the tuned file i can't help you

Give me the email and I'll send you the MOD there ... even if I don't understand why... imagine if I would have just to disable limiter without tuning the file. How could you disable limiter without tuning the file?

grinovsky
3rd January, 2011, 04:52 PM
it's more complicated than :roflmao:you think
we don't tune a file by as like you say desable limiter
when you tune a file you may forget few limiters to modify and i wil try to help you
but to have more power you must programme your ecu
to burn more diesel and increase the torque limiter to let you burn the add diesel

teoturo
3rd January, 2011, 05:15 PM
it's more complicated than :roflmao:you think
we don't tune a file by as like you say desable limiter
when you tune a file you may forget few limiters to modify and i wil try to help you
but to have more power you must programme your ecu
to burn more diesel and increase the torque limiter to let you burn the add diesel

It's 5years I tune files so I know it's not just a limiter.

If the car has a limiter you can disable it also without modifying anything else.

I mean... if the car drives 210km/h because it has no power to go more, ok. But if you have a car driving 210km/h because of a limiter, it can drive faster just disabling the limiter (Smart, Sprinter, Crafter are the best examples).

For example take a Smart... 135km/h limiter and capable of 140/145km/h if you just disable limiter. Or a Crafter chassis limited to 90km/h and capable of 150km/h.

Now I tuned the file... but the limiter is still on his place as originally. So I ask: as I modded torque limiters and rev/speed limiter, and the car still stops at 210km/h, probably there's a limiter I can't find, because I'm sure problem is not in my modded file.

On the ORI file you can see a rev/speed limiter set to 10000 and a speed limiter set to 210km/h... but they are not the only ones probably because it is not enough for disabling the "wall" at 210km/h.

grinovsky
3rd January, 2011, 05:38 PM
ok,when you drive at 210km/h what is the engine speed(rpm)?

teoturo
3rd January, 2011, 06:16 PM
ok,when you drive at 210km/h what is the engine speed(rpm)?

4000rpm, not less, not more. Exactly at 4000rpm (only in 6th gear) everything stops... on plain, downhill and uphill it's the same.

grinovsky
3rd January, 2011, 07:12 PM
and when gear is on neutral it go more than 4000rpm?

filecloud
3rd January, 2011, 08:15 PM
Hello
This file has more than one limiter. In detail it has 4 which are simple to find. These are the 210/170 values every copy/paste tuner changes.
BUT: These limiters are not active in the flash which one can see clearly by the coding switches in the flash. It only works on the files with 1 limiter in flash. There it is coded to take the flash values by default.
In this car the coding is set to take eeprom values.

@teoturo: If you have done 40 attempts on this car why didn't you try to change the limiter down to 200km/h or lower? Then you would have noticed that the limiter is not active in the flash.
So you have 3 choices: Change the limiter in eeprom, recode the flash content to take the limiter from the flash, or recode the flash content to switch speed limiter off.
If you have legal evc bdm100 i can offer you a file.
Greetings,
filecloud

grinovsky
4th January, 2011, 06:56 PM
here is your dump with more than 4000rpm:champions:
pass on PM

gaz51
6th January, 2011, 09:02 PM
cant ecusafe change the speed limit in flash?

grinovsky
6th January, 2011, 10:43 PM
not in this dump

waldi1979
6th January, 2011, 10:59 PM
Try this dump.

grinovsky
8th January, 2011, 12:33 AM
4000rpm, not less, not more. Exactly at 4000rpm (only in 6th gear) everything stops... on plain, downhill and uphill it's the same.

what news,:manuflag:

gaspah
8th January, 2011, 01:19 PM
yes ,use the ecusafe for modif speed limiter

teoturo
10th January, 2011, 09:16 AM
here is your dump with more than 4000rpm:champions:
pass on PM

But the car goes over 4000rpm in every gear, just in the 6th gear it stops so it is a limiter not inject maps missing.

teoturo
10th January, 2011, 09:19 AM
Hello
This file has more than one limiter. In detail it has 4 which are simple to find. These are the 210/170 values every copy/paste tuner changes.
BUT: These limiters are not active in the flash which one can see clearly by the coding switches in the flash. It only works on the files with 1 limiter in flash. There it is coded to take the flash values by default.
In this car the coding is set to take eeprom values.

@teoturo: If you have done 40 attempts on this car why didn't you try to change the limiter down to 200km/h or lower? Then you would have noticed that the limiter is not active in the flash.
So you have 3 choices: Change the limiter in eeprom, recode the flash content to take the limiter from the flash, or recode the flash content to switch speed limiter off.
If you have legal evc bdm100 i can offer you a file.
Greetings,
filecloud

I have a legal New Galletto interface... not an EVC unfortunately. Thanks the same of the infos.

Maybe I understood I must look at the 4 limiters, change in 8bit, look at the 2 previous values (setted at 1 and 0) and change the first one to 0 so that maybe limiter is switched off... right?

filecloud
10th January, 2011, 03:17 PM
I have a legal New Galletto interface... not an EVC unfortunately. Thanks the same of the infos.

Maybe I understood I must look at the 4 limiters, change in 8bit, look at the 2 previous values (setted at 1 and 0) and change the first one to 0 so that maybe limiter is switched off... right?

Wrong
It is not that simple.
BR

grinovsky
10th January, 2011, 03:52 PM
But the car goes over 4000rpm in every gear, just in the 6th gear it stops so it is a limiter not inject maps missing.

the only way to go to the 250km/h that you ask is tune the ecu
if the reprog makes you gain 20% of Pmax you can expect to earn 7% in Vmax with a suitable transmission
so for +20% of your Pmax your speed max will come ((210Km/h x7)/100 )+210Km/h =224km/h

and now your Vmax is 224Km/h and you tune your ecu to have +20% of Pmax your speed will come=239,68Km/h

and now your Vmax is 239Km/h and you tune your ecu to have +20% of Pmax your speed will come=255,73Km/h
if you find other way to solve this probleme let me know

teoturo
10th January, 2011, 04:41 PM
the only way to go to the 250km/h that you ask is tune the ecu
if the reprog makes you gain 20% of Pmax you can expect to earn 7% in Vmax with a suitable transmission
so for +20% of your Pmax your speed max will come ((210Km/h x7)/100 )+210Km/h =224km/h

and now your Vmax is 224Km/h and you tune your ecu to have +20% of Pmax your speed will come=239,68Km/h

and now your Vmax is 239Km/h and you tune your ecu to have +20% of Pmax your speed will come=255,73Km/h
if you find other way to solve this probleme let me know

But the original car went 210km/h, and the same car with my file with 25% increase of power (on rollers) goes 210km/h... so it is just a limiter no problem that needs to add injection maps at low revs as you did.

teoturo
10th January, 2011, 04:43 PM
Wrong
It is not that simple.
BR

I'm sorry so... but I can't buy a EVC Bdm100 just to get this information. I'm sorry not to have this programmer if it would be the only way to have your help.

grinovsky
10th January, 2011, 05:30 PM
But the original car went 210km/h, and the same car with my file with 25% increase of power (on rollers) goes 210km/h... so it is just a limiter no problem that needs to add injection maps at low revs as you did.

are you sure 25%increase of power
did you see what's happen with torque graphe after 4000rpm?
and did you see the torque graphe after 4000rpm (before increase 25%power?)
you will see difference