PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking into airbags

Demetrius
8th December, 2010, 09:52 AM
Hi,

I currently make transponder keys & program remotes. I've been asked a few times about airbags resets etc. I do have some factory diagnostic tools. I have "zero experience" in this area. I have never soldered any chips, not familiar with dumps etc. I'm as new as it gets, period!

Where do i begin?
Is it worth the time & money?
How much do you charge?
What equipment is needed?

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

sl4ck
8th December, 2010, 10:18 AM
Hi you need something like this for basic:

UPA-USB (for read and programming EEPROM)
Desoldering Station (Like Aoyue)
SOIC Clip
PC
Airbag Database (cleaned dumps)
Reseting Software (clean dumps)
Knowledge dumps (CLean dump manually)

the_knok
8th December, 2010, 02:52 PM
Hi,

I currently make transponder keys & program remotes. I've been asked a few times about airbags resets etc. I do have some factory diagnostic tools. I have "zero experience" in this area. I have never soldered any chips, not familiar with dumps etc. I'm as new as it gets, period!

Where do i begin?
Is it worth the time & money?
How much do you charge?
What equipment is needed?

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Hi
This is not a easy area. In my case, i have a lot of sotwares.
About tools, well:
Beeprog +
Upa
Xprog
Carprog
etc
etc
etc
Its a lot of money invested.

If you are going to start in this, start well.
In my opinion, somethings are fundamental, like, fair price. Dont go down on it, its not fair for does that are in this area for some time, and with prices fair for the jobs. Because, like in any other area, you will have a problem solved in 30 minutes, and others in a lot and a lot of hours. So the price must be fair. Because its not preaty doing only the easy ones, we have to do the hard ones as well.
If you work properly, you will have the respect from others amoung you, and also in the foruns.
The price is a very sensive question. Lets put it like this:
how much does a UPA cost?
How much does a Carprog cost? (its very diferent)
Universal programers:
How much does a top (for ex) cost?
How much does a Beeprog + cost? (its a little diferent)

Buy a good programmer - beeprog (for ex) amoug others. Tools that actualy do the job properly.
About data bases, i have a huge one, and i help how i tink desearves, because i can not risk the fact that a neighbor of mine is around here doing 25; when i do 75;. I have to, because my investement is not a play one, if you know what i mean.

If you going to strat, start well friend.

Regards...

Demetrius
8th December, 2010, 03:34 PM
thanks for the input.

the_knok
8th December, 2010, 04:03 PM
thanks for the input.

Just one men opinion ;)
Hope all the best

Demetrius
15th December, 2010, 07:13 AM
Xeltek Inc. :: Programmers :: SuperPro Z Programmer (http://www.xeltek.com/product.php?productid=16225)

I've had this tool for about 5yrs or so. I had to reflash Lexus/Toyota & Honda/Acura immo's. I'm sure it does more. Anyone have info on what else it will do. And specifically, is it used for airbags.