PDA

View Full Version : AUDI TT 180BHP map on a Leon 180bhp?

grimmer
8th December, 2010, 10:47 PM
hi, a few months ago, i read my mates file from his 2003 audi tt 180bhp, and got it tuned to around 210bhp, he wrote the audi off last week! and now brought a seat leon 2002 1.8t 180bhp,

i was wondering if the tuned map can be installed on the leon, ive used a tuned astra gsi z20let map before on various astra's and zafira's with no probs, but werent sure about the audi to seat, i know the engines are the same but thought id ask incase anybody has tried it before

many thanks

alfy
9th December, 2010, 09:25 AM
hi, a few months ago, i read my mates file from his 2003 audi tt 180bhp, and got it tuned to around 210bhp, he wrote the audi off last week! and now brought a seat leon 2002 1.8t 180bhp,

i was wondering if the tuned map can be installed on the leon, ive used a tuned astra gsi z20let map before on various astra's and zafira's with no probs, but werent sure about the audi to seat, i know the engines are the same but thought id ask incase anybody has tried it before

many thanks

Hi!
Is nearly impossible that the teo has the same HW version of ECUs.
Post or send me the files (from audi and seat) and I can check it for you.

grimmer
9th December, 2010, 09:52 AM
Hi!
Is nearly impossible that the teo has the same HW version of ECUs.
Post or send me the files (from audi and seat) and I can check it for you.

ok ill read the leon and post them up cheers

swat cat
10th December, 2010, 09:08 AM
i think it will work... but need immo off..

alfy
10th December, 2010, 07:25 PM

Not right, immo has nothing in this job.

Don't try to flash ECUs with wrong HW file! It will brick your ECU and will not be a simple repair!!!

grimmer
10th December, 2010, 10:33 PM
right i havent read file yet will do sunday,

but both cars are AUQ engine codes 1.8t 20v

ive flashed vauxhall gsi's with different HW and SW numbers before without any problems.

rsibiza
11th December, 2010, 01:09 AM
Not right, immo has nothing in this job.

Don't try to flash ECUs with wrong HW file! It will brick your ECU and will not be a simple repair!!!

Brick? Not simple repair?:hmmmm2:

Immo has nothing to with flash for this ecu,immo is stored in eeprom and dash...Flash (29F400/800) you put in what yopu want and dont brick until you delete entire flash,and disconnect before write back has finisched...

Not simple repair?... Or u use a paralel programmer or unsolder old empty flash,which would no more recognised by serial programmer and replace whit some 29F400/800 from other ecu,doesnt matter what...hw sw is on it...just needs to be NOT ERASED...solder in bricked ECU..connect whatewer u use as serial programmer,put back ori file...:congrats:

Done...where is the problem?

alfy
11th December, 2010, 06:22 AM
Brick? Not simple repair?:hmmmm2:

Immo has nothing to with flash for this ecu,immo is stored in eeprom and dash...Flash (29F400/800) you put in what yopu want and dont brick until you delete entire flash,and disconnect before write back has finisched...

Not simple repair?... Or u use a paralel programmer or unsolder old empty flash,which would no more recognised by serial programmer and replace whit some 29F400/800 from other ecu,doesnt matter what...hw sw is on it...just needs to be NOT ERASED...solder in bricked ECU..connect whatewer u use as serial programmer,put back ori file...:congrats:

Done...where is the problem?

For you, for me and many many others open a ECU, desolder 29FXXX reprogram with programmer, resolder it back and close ECU is not a poblem, but for someone maybe is not.
Is just not as simple as reflesh by OBD, that's all!

thebhpdoctor
12th December, 2010, 07:35 PM
as long as it has the same components and actual file size it will work these are basically same just depends on emission control stuff air pumps second lamba ect but if u have stuff to de- solider its easy if doesn't work

grimmer
12th December, 2010, 10:56 PM
read the file today and had a look at ecu data

SEAT Leon: 1.8l r4/5vt
flash: 29f800bt

AUDI TT

N0906018A
1.8LR4/5VT
29F800BT

Both files were 1024kb in size and AUQ engine codes

the checksum number was different between the two files, i take it thats ok though, as its a different file

alfy
13th December, 2010, 09:30 AM
read the file today and had a look at ecu data

SEAT Leon: 1.8l r4/5vt
flash: 29f800bt

AUDI TT

N0906018A
1.8LR4/5VT
29F800BT

Both files were 1024kb in size and AUQ engine codes

the checksum number was different between the two files, i take it thats ok though, as its a different file

Some maps are different between the two, also map addresses are a bit different.
If I were you, I won't flash it with Audi's file, I will do otherway! But if you feel lucky, try it and report result!

grimmer
13th December, 2010, 09:29 PM
incase things go wrong, what do i need to backup and repair ecus up on the bench like the me7.5 vw audi ones,

will a bdm100 clone on ebay do the job, or isnt it suitable for these chips?

alfy
14th December, 2010, 07:37 PM
incase things go wrong, what do i need to backup and repair ecus up on the bench like the me7.5 vw audi ones,

will a bdm100 clone on ebay do the job, or isnt it suitable for these chips?

Desolder flash chip and reprogram it with programmer is only way.

Is better to copy/paste from one map to other and you are 100% that will work.

grimmer
14th December, 2010, 07:43 PM
Desolder flash chip and reprogram it with programmer is only way.

Is better to copy/paste from one map to other and you are 100% that will work.

like load all the map info (parameters) into the leon file from the tt, but retain all the HW and SW numbers

i have race2000 software will this work?

alfy
14th December, 2010, 09:27 PM
like load all the map info (parameters) into the leon file from the tt, but retain all the HW and SW numbers

i have race2000 software will this work?

You have to do it manually one by one.
I use ECM.

Morette
16th December, 2010, 01:02 AM
Safest is to find the differences made, Race2k should tell you the names, and carry over the changes.
Look and learn, and then next time you can make more changes and you will be able to tune yourself!

Always keep your original safe, and always have an emergency plan if you have problems!

swat cat
3rd January, 2011, 01:09 PM

i was talking about the immo... because the car will not start .... the ecu is clone to that sw you what but the immo will not let you to start the car...

i`ve tryed an tt file on s3 same engine... flash was sucesful... but " engine killed by immo"

uni_bond
3rd January, 2011, 03:23 PM
The immo is not in the flash in these cars. Immo is not the reason why it does not start.

carstar24
4th January, 2011, 12:48 AM
i was talking about the immo... because the car will not start .... the ecu is clone to that sw you what but the immo will not let you to start the car...

i`ve tryed an tt file on s3 same engine... flash was sucesful... but " engine killed by immo"

immo is in the dash! not in the ecu! ;)

swat cat
5th January, 2011, 08:04 AM
ok... how you say so.

Overtune
6th January, 2011, 01:24 PM

+1 man, newbies better don't talk about these things if you don't have a clue where immo is stored on me7.
Learn to desolder the 95080 serial eeprom(immo...), then talk...
Has the man killed the ecu already :D?

swat cat
7th January, 2011, 08:01 AM
many stupid people around here..... i didn`t sayd that the immo is in the flash.... but if you put a different flash from another car you need the disable the immo or put the immo from that car in this ecu.

p.s. carstar24: in the dash is the immo that deals with the reading and accepting immo cips...

in the ecu is the immo that lets or not the engine to start.

many smart people on this forum... no offence

ipejasinovic
7th January, 2011, 02:41 PM
If I understand well, you say that I can't take flash from one car and put it in other car without immo disabling?

swat cat
7th January, 2011, 03:33 PM
If I understand well, you say that I can't take flash from one car and put it in other car without immo disabling?

if is the same make ex. audi to audi and the same engine tipe it works... if you put seat to audi .. immo will not accept it.. i`m make a little movie make things clear.

and if you put a totaly diferent file (e PD file to a VP ecu ) you will lock it... and need to desolder eprom

ipejasinovic
7th January, 2011, 03:55 PM
Ofc. But you said that if you want that solution to work, you need to move also immo from donor car. That's not true. If you load wrong flash, you won't have any benefit from immo, your car just won't run, because ECU hardware incompatibility with new flash...

For me more important is, if that transplantation work somehow, to copy eeprom content from donor ECU... Do partial immo off and then synchronize ECU and old Immo Box.

mods4cars
7th January, 2011, 03:59 PM
as long as it has the same components and actual file size it will work these are basically same just depends on emission control stuff air pumps second lamba ect but if u have stuff to de- solider its easy if doesn't work

Some Audi's use a differnt Rom Area in the processor , using the wrong flash will cause the ecu not to boot