PDA

View Full Version : LAN Streaming DM500c

enigma534
17th April, 2008, 11:44 PM
Hello

I have DB DM500c. I have been watching it via my router (by logging onto the IP address in explorer).

However, some channels oddly don't work this was (although fine on TV) - anyway I can fix this?

Also, can I download the channel listing so I can change them quickly, rather than using the slow "virtual" remote control?

Cheers
E.

Devilfish
17th April, 2008, 11:47 PM
Everyone has the same problem with some channels not working, not sure how to fix it.

You could try changing emu, i.e. evocamd or mgcamd.

When you access the web interface you should see a list of your bouquets. By clicking on a channel, it should change that channel

enigma534
18th April, 2008, 12:02 AM
Cheers mate. Don't seem to have a list of channels - thought maybe I had to do something?

Thanks.

Devilfish
18th April, 2008, 12:10 AM
The bouquets are displayed as soon as the page comes up.

See pic

enigma534
18th April, 2008, 12:18 AM
Hmm, this is what I get. Do i need to click something obvious?!

Cheers.

Devilfish
18th April, 2008, 12:25 AM
Do you have bouquets on the actual dreambox?

enigma534
18th April, 2008, 12:36 AM
Nope - just realised that would help! Might take a bit of a time - as when you get the list of channels to add, you just a number (rather than the actual channel).

Looking at the EMUs too, do you recommend any particular ones?

Cheers

Devilfish
18th April, 2008, 12:04 PM
There's guide for setting up the bouquets here...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=16

I would recommend evocamd v2.12. The DW v2 image has this by default.

enigma534
24th April, 2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks - got all that done. Any advice for a better EMU? Still can't view certain channels on LAN stream. They work fine on the TV - e.g DMAX!

Cheers
Neil

lorrebreaker
24th April, 2008, 09:52 PM
Any advice for a better EMU? Still can't view certain channels on LAN stream. They work fine on the TV - e.g DMAX!
l

From what i can gather that seems to be a common problem with the dreambox, checked myself and i only get audio on the free to air channels.

Not ideal but you could always stream directly to vlc player:
Open vlc / File / Open Network Stream /
Highlight "HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS" type you dreambox ip in this format "http://192.168.***.***:31344"

Press ok and you'll get audio on all channels, not ideal but it does work.

enigma534
24th April, 2008, 10:43 PM
Cheers mate. Got it working in VLC now, but still missing the channels as before - no sound either :(

aftermath
25th April, 2008, 12:17 PM
We are all in the same boat here m8, certain peeps miss certain channels when streaming on their network, ive tried different Cams and still have the same problem, its only a few channels though, so i ain't that bothered.