PDA

View Full Version : adding new file

mcmasterg
17th April, 2008, 11:53 PM
hi still having a bit of bother add the new file i no this seem like old news but i have been away a few days so this is me just getting round to doing it.
i read the gide from thommo(vry good by the way) but i would like to check the cable set up i am mod/router at the moment so should i be mod/router router/dbox dbox/laptop??? and is the passwords root dbox for my set up or root dreambox ???
thanks in advance

Devilfish
17th April, 2008, 11:59 PM
So you have your PC and modem connected to your router.

Connect your dbox to a spare port on your router.

On your network settings page on your dbox, find the but that says 'default gateway'.

Put in your router IP address. It will either be 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1 I'd take a guess and say it's 192.168.1.1.

Where it says DHCP, set this to YES!

Save settings and reboot the box.

Now go back into the network page and there will be an ip address at the top. Not this down and enter this ip address into your ftp program.

Username: root
Password: dbox2

It should connect. If it doesn't, I'll come round tomorrow and do it for you! ;)

Jaffa
18th April, 2008, 12:01 AM
If you have a dbox2 then it is root and dbox2. Personally I go from laptop to dbox with a crossover cable. Flash new image to /tmp and use remote or flash news files to /var/keys.