PDA

View Full Version : starview2 fix problem

mikodemus
4th December, 2008, 08:28 PM
i wonder if someone can help me please. Flashed v.4.51 to v.4.54 download complete and then logo file download complete, so far everything ok I thought but then it wont download the latest file! Now I can't turn on or off, just dash on the screen. Tried to flash back and again but nothing is working! I am stuck! Is this box the clone? Please help me this is my mates box!

hypersonic
4th December, 2008, 09:17 PM
I've also tried the SV2 upgrade & got problems. I was 4.51 so I followed the advice from the various sites to load the 4.54 logo & then 4.54 bin and then the 3 Dec upgrade.
The box ends up with ON in the display and no screen display or menu option. I went back to 4.51 and got a screen display. Its got to be a factory reset from here ? yes ? NO! I tried 4.52 logo and then the 4.52 bin. Now the box boots with ON and no way into the the screen menu or back to 4.51 Drat and double Drat Any body know how to reset to the factory settings without a display ? help

ebrahim
4th December, 2008, 09:22 PM
Hi Everyone! i wonder if someone can help me please I have problem with my box, its starview v2 clone (the box). the problem came after puting this file(thebox_H20071130_802E_api)which i have downloaded yesterday. now its sreen show number 0 (zero) and wont go away no matter what i do. i hope my box is not dead!!
Can someone pls tell me what to do now?

hypersonic
5th December, 2008, 03:14 PM
After a lot of file loading I managed to get a screen display after loading 4.51 about 6 times and hav now managed to load the Dec03 fix & everything is working fine! - I followed this procedure - Load the logo file from 4.52 beta using the background option first and the 4.52 firmware second using the api option - wait for reboot and the box display will stay at "on" but the screen should now display the language menu. Then load 4.54 logo first again in background and the 4.54 firmware second in api - wait for reboot - the language menu should be on the screen. Lastly load the Dec03 fix firmware as an api or api+background and wait for a reboot - Choose your language and go for a scan - hope it works for you ! :D:bounce:

uk.boss
5th December, 2008, 03:26 PM
Hi hypersonic this sounds like wat i need to do cause i.ve just about tried every thing else....Just one problem though where do i get firmware 4.52 and the logo file for this ..??

cheers

hypersonic
5th December, 2008, 05:16 PM
The 4.52 I used was an old Beta version and is attached as a zip file - regards hypersonic:)

melloned
5th December, 2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks for that Mate , i'll try it too . Flashing boxes can be finnicky !

uk.boss
6th December, 2008, 11:26 AM
Thanx Hypersonic i'll give that a go........cheers

ramjet
6th December, 2008, 11:44 AM
for any starview 2 the box , owners out there , the new v4.55 bin file has now been posted at the top of the forum and is in downloads , so use the v4.03 loader from the v4.54 fix pack and flash this into your box , factory reset afterwards , set keys default , enu ON , and rescan the channels on auto search

if you want to keep your old channel list , back it up using the v4.03 loader in UPLOAD channel mode BEFORE the factory resets , download it back in after the rescan, rescan again , and swap channels around accordingly , deleting the useless ones at the end , then backup ( upload ) that channel list and you are done

martin-f
6th December, 2008, 11:51 AM
v4.55 out now will make it more easy to flash dont forget if you have put the thebox_logobg file on your box you will have to do a rescan to get your channels back and turn emu on

uk.boss
6th December, 2008, 11:55 AM
just put 4.55 on the box i was havin all the trouble with..........Worked perfectly straight away..........just wanna say thanks to all who have given me help.....Great stuff..Cheers Everyone......

lesj
6th December, 2008, 01:25 PM
after flashing454 from 451 and loading logo file i had difficulty flashing 802 tried several times but found after shutting everything down and restarting gt rom loader and using on off switch on back of box it loaded ok

doug
6th December, 2008, 04:42 PM
Thanks guys off to try this now

jayme82
7th December, 2008, 02:53 PM
were do i find the new firmware as other sites have removed it just wondered if it was faulty