PDA

View Full Version : how to read hc11a8 ( Fiat IAW 8p 22 )

MarkPRP
12th December, 2010, 07:57 PM
I have removed the MC68HC11A8 off the Fiat IAW 8p 22 ECU and need to read it with UPA-USB. I have an Adapter set which has the right adapter for it. Im not sure about the settings etc or external power etc ..

Ive included some pictures to help anyone that can explain to me how to do it exactly!

Maybe we should start an Archive on how to do each eeprom/chip??

Thanks

unu
12th December, 2010, 09:31 PM
I have removed the MC68HC11A8 off the Fiat IAW 8p 22 ECU and need to read it with UPA-USB. I have an Adapter set which has the right adapter for it. Im not sure about the settings etc or external power etc ..

Ive included some pictures to help anyone that can explain to me how to do it exactly!

Thanks
too complicate ... this one can be readed in-circuit ... you must use 5 wires ..

MarkPRP
12th December, 2010, 09:55 PM
How then?

Thanks

deffc0n
12th December, 2010, 10:05 PM
Why you remove from mainboard ?
This moment try read in ETL.

MarkPRP
12th December, 2010, 10:19 PM
Because I have Adapter to read the chip with once removed..

What are the conections for it on board?

pajo
12th December, 2010, 11:22 PM
connect to the USB UPA attached
UUPA MCU

1. NC
2. 21 TxD
3. 20 RxD
4. NC
5. 1 VSS
6. 2 MODB
7. 17 RESET
8. 3 MODA
9. 26 VDD

Zmann
15th December, 2010, 01:56 PM

Thanks

Is your adapter set the same as in this topic, post #11 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f172/thinking-buying-upa-usb-kit-not-176584/) It's good to know that this adapter set is designed to use in circuit. Removing the taget MCU and put in the socket will never work. Unfortunately, I wrote there that IAW 8Pxx might have an insertion problem. But the most important thing is I experienced with my two UPAs, original and clone, the programmer will not work on 8Pxx in circuit unless some MCU pins are left, possibily MODB and Reset.

I am now experimenting the UPA upgrade to support more, in circuit. My little taget should get it work on 8Pxx in circuit and it seems to be ok now, but have no more other in circuits to test. Finally I will post this solution on the right topic.

garageozcar
16th December, 2010, 11:15 PM
i try with xprog and etl no work
i have read with LABTOOL okkkkkkkk