PDA

View Full Version : Ford IDS installation

sogaro
13th December, 2010, 03:16 AM
I just got a Ford IDS VCM tool but having issues installing it right. It installs but when i do system checks it does not see VCM , does not connect to device even though it shows there is tool installed with its parameters.

cklair
15th December, 2010, 09:08 PM
i think you just hitting wrong tab like multimeter on ids tab.the pic you post is for vmm(lab scope)just hook your vcm to car and start from there .if it is clone and you are hooking it to Non CAN cars it takes two three tries before it talk to car .

gab1tzu
24th December, 2010, 12:51 AM
make sure you have a genuine version of the vcm or try older versions of the ids

sjaaaf
20th February, 2011, 02:31 PM
If you got it from china then use only the software version that came with it, if you use them with a newer software version ther will follow a firmware update and then it will not work anymore.

I use my IDS from china with V67 and that works great.

sogaro
20th February, 2011, 07:24 PM
If you got it from china then use only the software version that came with it, if you use them with a newer software version ther will follow a firmware update and then it will not work anymore.

You are the man i need, let me know when its convenient for you to help me. We can use Teamviewer and you can log into my system to help me set mine up well.

florinyes
20th February, 2011, 08:09 PM

Where from u had your mate?

Regards

digi-dash
26th February, 2011, 03:24 AM
its also important to use windowsa xp SERVICE PACK 3. set date back before running ids or you will lose module programming. if you have probs its an idea to use a laptop with a....
clean install of xp sp3 with no anti virus and no other programs installed. not 100% neccessary but sp3 and date is, regards steve

sogaro
26th February, 2011, 06:44 AM
My windows is xp ans SP3, i think its better we do this together when you are set

eepromRipper
4th April, 2011, 07:32 PM
I got one from china and it refuse to install on my system but when i tried it on a freshly installed system it works perfectly. i think that software receives interference from some others like the fly, not so sure but that was my experience.

sogaro
4th April, 2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks but i think mine installed alright but maybe the issue is usage and the test car. will try on another car to see

obdmaster
4th April, 2011, 07:56 PM
I had a problem with IDS on a compaq pc running XP SP3 software held when resetting adaptives. Tried it on my trusty old IBM T30 and it worked perfectly.

So beware everyone, doesnt work on all pc,s

depredator
28th April, 2011, 12:54 AM
Try this will hopefully serve

syedamirshah
30th April, 2011, 06:11 PM
ids coming from china work great but in sumer if temp more then 40 degree its stuck disconect some times

bos1971
2nd May, 2011, 08:03 PM
Hello,

When I install only FORD IDS V72 is OK,

but when I install also JAGUAR/LANDROVER IDS V124,

it gives error, you can not start the program.

Have you solution for this please?

And what is Calibration?

Thank you.

nonij61
15th May, 2011, 12:11 AM
what is Calibration?

Thank you.

calin_bm
2nd October, 2011, 06:40 AM
After many many pages that i have read along this forums,i see that i must protect the software,because somehow i will lost module programming.How can i do that?
I installed IDS V72.
Thank you for you time.

Solid2383
2nd October, 2011, 05:20 PM
Hello,

When I install only FORD IDS V72 is OK,

but when I install also JAGUAR/LANDROVER IDS V124,

it gives error, you can not start the program.

Have you solution for this please?

And what is Calibration?

Thank you.

Ford/mazda cannot work on same partition as jag/landrover. Either install on different partitions or use software to allow you to use both on same partition. :toilet:

autodiagnostic
21st October, 2011, 10:21 AM
I just got a Ford IDS VCM tool but having issues installing it right. It installs but when i do system checks it does not see VCM , does not connect to device even though it shows there is tool installed with its parameters.

which version? V59 or V60 or V70? I have a V70 video would like share, Ford VCM V70 installation:
Ford's VCM V70 software installation guide.avi - YouTube

luisme
12th November, 2011, 12:52 AM
Since the IDS Interface intalacion klic in calibration button load only

tora1205
12th November, 2011, 07:24 AM
hi all
i install clean WinXPSP3 and IDS V75.
run IDS but this error. press X and shut down IDS.
VCM Flush is success!
i try ClearVCMUtil and retry start IDS but same error...
my VCM no china made.

any idea? plz help.