PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Trying to get Homebrew channel on my wii version 4.2E

Fordy110
14th December, 2010, 06:26 PM
Hi guys,

New to the site and have been trying to softmod my wii version 4.2E have followed the instructions and where it says create a folder called SD:\apps in the root directory of the SD drive I am stuck it tells me I cannot use these characters. I am not really that great with PC's so this has been causing me grief when trying to get the homebrew channel installed on my wii using my SD card with the files I have downloaded. Can anyone give me a complete idiots guide on how I get this to work from downloading the files, how to create such a folder on my SD card and so on this would be greatly appreciated and will stop me losing what hair I have left

Thanks in advance

ck-ok
14th December, 2010, 06:36 PM
Hi guys,

New to the site and have been trying to softmod my wii version 4.2E have followed the instructions and where it says create a folder called SD:\apps in the root directory of the SD drive I am stuck it tells me I cannot use these characters. I am not really that great with PC's so this has been causing me grief when trying to get the homebrew channel installed on my wii using my SD card with the files I have downloaded. Can anyone give me a complete idiots guide on how I get this to work from downloading the files, how to create such a folder on my SD card and so on this would be greatly appreciated and will stop me losing what hair I have left

Thanks in advance

no need to post twice follow this tut you cant go wrong http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/wii-4-2e-softmod-tutorial-easy-follow-guide-67927/

Fordy110
14th December, 2010, 10:52 PM
Sorry for reposting the same message just struggling to get this to work. I have extracted the files from the download on to my SD card then I Locked the SD card and put it into my wii. When I switched it on the homebrew channel wan't there, Why is the homebrew channel not coming up when I do this? I am using a 2GB San Disk SD card. Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

thanks

ck-ok
14th December, 2010, 11:05 PM
Sorry for reposting the same message just struggling to get this to work. I have extracted the files from the download on to my SD card then I Locked the SD card and put it into my wii. When I switched it on the homebrew channel wan't there, Why is the homebrew channel not coming up when I do this? I am using a 2GB San Disk SD card. Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

thanks

scroll down the first page untill you see download bannerbomb,that is the homebrew channel installer,install that then go back to top of page and follow the tut.dont lock the card files need to be wrote too it

jacko1
14th December, 2010, 11:19 PM
Hi new to this site i have already got the homebrew for my wii 4.2e but carnt seam to find an usb uploader for a 4.2 can any 1 help thanks

Fordy110
14th December, 2010, 11:30 PM
I have downloaded bannerbomb followed each step and still no homebrew channel is appearing on my SD card menu or the home page when I start up my wii this is frustrating me lol

ck-ok
15th December, 2010, 07:13 AM
I have downloaded bannerbomb followed each step and still no homebrew channel is appearing on my SD card menu or the home page when I start up my wii this is frustrating me lol

try reading here Bannerbomb - WiiBrew (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb) read through it then install homebrew channel

Fordy110
15th December, 2010, 04:56 PM
try reading here Bannerbomb - WiiBrew (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb) read through it then install homebrew channel

Thanks for your help ck I managed to get it working last night appreciated.