PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Freightliner Help!!!

ricz
15th December, 2010, 06:26 AM
Hi, I'm working on a 2003 Freightliner Century. It had a top 2 transmission but we converted it to a manual transmission (10 speed). The truck has a detroit series 60 egr, with a DDEC 4, we sen't the ecm to detroit to get calibrated, but we cant get the speedometer to work, we wired a new speed sensor to the ecm (pins E2/556 and E3/557 on the vehicle harness plug). I know that the gauge cluster on the freightliner receives data by the j1939. I checked with DDDL to see if I had any signal there but there is nothing, the VVS parameter are set correct. Any of you guys know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

torqueman
16th December, 2010, 04:07 AM
Hi, I'm working on a 2003 Freightliner Century. It had a top 2 transmission but we converted it to a manual transmission (10 speed). The truck has a detroit series 60 egr, with a DDEC 4, we sen't the ecm to detroit to get calibrated, but we cant get the speedometer to work, we wired a new speed sensor to the ecm (pins E2/556 and E3/557 on the vehicle harness plug). I know that the gauge cluster on the freightliner receives data by the j1939. I checked with DDDL to see if I had any signal there but there is nothing, the VVS parameter are set correct. Any of you guys know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

have you programmed transmission options to manual with the help of drs.?You have to programme transmission to manual.

ricz
16th December, 2010, 05:14 AM
I got it going it was a defective vss. (it was brand new).:bandit: