PDA

View Full Version : USA PROG

labusas
15th December, 2010, 08:47 PM
I'd like to get some feedback from users of this product from Smelecom USA PROG, please.
What works and what doesn't?
How much of it is throught OBD?

paul_mike
16th December, 2010, 02:56 AM
Hi, for north american car from 2000 up it covers probably 90+% of them, did some asian cars too but I prefer to use my old tools for them , I guess i'm lazy to change my setup.
Never had a issue to update thru the internet, I have the VAG option too but neber use it , I do only US and asian products.

paul

labusas
16th December, 2010, 02:55 PM
Thanks for you reply.
You mention your old setup for USA cars. Do you mind sharing what that would be? I find the real value for product like USA Prog is pinouts, pics. Having that info you could probably get by with calc like Tachosoft and good programmer. Am I on the right track?
Have a good day

paul_mike
16th December, 2010, 06:49 PM
Hi, with usaprog you could do a lots of north american car by OBD connector , never more than a 5 minutes job. When I have to pull the cluster out , I already have my harness/connector/clip made for the other programmers I'm using like upa-usb,andromeda,xprog. Having some software like tachosoft will help but often value don't match because cluster could be from different supplier for different country. The best of course is always experience and learning . Reading a chip then adding mileage to the car and reading again to find where the values are to find the algo is how you should learn otherwise you only learn pushing keypad. Remember no tool are perfect and you need a way to repair your mistake

Paul