PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 500c no response!

gillyflipper
18th April, 2008, 09:43 AM
Using Dreambox Control Centre, after using this method for my first box. I tried to flash the image to the second box, i'd got to the stage when the box was about to reboot itself/be rebooted, when it just died! The green light is on but but with a black screen and i can't connect via my pc. Any ideas? It's still under warranty (so it says)but would me flashing the box invalidate that. Any help much appreciated.

father ted
18th April, 2008, 09:56 AM
you may need to use dreamup to reflash it m8

gillyflipper
18th April, 2008, 10:12 AM
thanks for responding ft, i tried using a patch cable with dream up previously i'd connect and then it would ask to power up the dreambox but nothing would happen, should i invest in a null modem cable?

ignore that, i should read the guides available first!

scotlaps
18th April, 2008, 12:41 PM
when using dreamup use null modem cable make sure dream box han no cables in mains etc connect box and pc start dream up it will say switch on box insert mains cable to box then you will have the flash option

father ted
18th April, 2008, 03:50 PM
thanks for responding ft, i tried using a patch cable with dream up previously i'd connect and then it would ask to power up the dreambox but nothing would happen, should i invest in a null modem cable?

ignore that, i should read the guides available first!

yep buy one lol

Soni1
19th April, 2008, 09:03 AM
Keep the box switch off from the main or take the maill plug off from socket untill DreamUp asks you to switch on.

Next time if you want to use DCC to flash use this mathod:

Another method

Upload the image to the /tmp directory on your Dreambox via FTP using DCC, then rename the file as root.cramfs, then go to the setup menu of your Dreambox, select Software Update, then manual update.

Hope this helps!

gillyflipper
19th April, 2008, 09:42 PM
Many thanks for all advice, recieved null modem cable today from ebay, flashed the box as advised working fine now. No matter what happens in the future with the dreambox, the willingness of people to help on this forum has astounded me the last few days. The excellent guides and information given (often many times over!) in different threads has been a great source for learning new things and of course fixing certain problems;). Again many thanks, great site.