PDA

View Full Version : Sky Box Office Sports and Virgin on Demand

FLINTY
18th April, 2008, 10:11 AM
I have got a 500 c and I thought that I would be able to get Sky Box Office Sports and Virgin on Demand with the red button thing.

Is it possible or was I wrong ?

If it is possible then how ?

Thanks Flinty

Devilfish
18th April, 2008, 12:02 PM
The dreambox doesn't have 'talkback' so it can't communicate with the cable company, hence you can't order anything via the red button.

Do you really want the cable company to know that you're using a dreambox to receive services that you've not paid for? Now that would be silly lol!

Sky Box Office Sports on the other hand is possible. Se here...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=60

Mordor1946
18th April, 2008, 09:27 PM
The dreambox doesn't have 'talkback' so it can't communicate with the cable company, hence you can't order anything via the red button.

Do you really want the cable company to know that you're using a dreambox to receive services that you've not paid for? Now that would be silly lol!

Sky Box Office Sports on the other hand is possible. Se here...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=60
If Sky Sports Box Office is possible ..what about Sky Movies Box Office or pay per view or whatever it is called ???

Devilfish
18th April, 2008, 09:39 PM
The On demand services are still available to get...but you can't order anything.

If someone else in your area (street, postcode, town, not sure of the exact distance) orders something from their legit box through the red button, that program is transmitted to them. If you do an automatic transponder scan, those on demand channels will appear at the very top of you All Services (RED) list. They will be numbers and letters, not actual program or channel names.

Thing is though, you don't know when someone in your area is ordering anything so chances are you'll miss the start of whatever it is they've ordered. And every time I've clicked on one it's always been Eastenders lol. So it's up to you really but I wouldn't bother my arse! :roflmao:

Mordor1946
18th April, 2008, 10:42 PM
The On demand services are still available to get...but you can't order anything.

If someone else in your area (street, postcode, town, not sure of the exact distance) orders something from their legit box through the red button, that program is transmitted to them. If you do an automatic transponder scan, those on demand channels will appear at the very top of you All Services (RED) list. They will be numbers and letters, not actual program or channel names.

Thing is though, you don't know when someone in your area is ordering anything so chances are you'll miss the start of whatever it is they've ordered. And every time I've clicked on one it's always been Eastenders lol. So it's up to you really but I wouldn't bother my arse! :roflmao:
Thanks for that ....just curious really rather than really into the idea...