PDA

View Full Version : witch hardware and software is the best for crash data ?

zdan3h
18th December, 2010, 05:39 AM
!!Hello!! What kind of hardware and software is the best for crash data ? please help us noobs out :)

What should i buy and from where maybe someone has a link? or knows a good store?

I was thinking of buying a iprog but i cant find it online. Well theres one but in Russia.

Tell me please is iprog and ETSmart USB Programmer same thing ?

martij976
18th December, 2010, 07:07 AM
!!Hello!! What kind of hardware and software is the best for crash data ? please help us noobs out :)

What should i buy and from where maybe someone has a link? or knows a good store?

I was thinking of buying a iprog but i cant find it online. Well theres one but in Russia.

Tell me please is iprog and ETSmart USB Programmer same thing ?

Hi m8. Give yourself an really good look around this website and u will find all answers for ur questions. U can also use "search".

zdan3h
18th December, 2010, 07:37 PM
well im new here i singed up couple days ago and i love the site. lots of good ppl here but i cant find no links or nothing about hardware. well there's couple out there but out dated.

im focused on that iprog programmer and im gonna buy it Monday when the store opens cuz i found one in Poland and Russia.
The one in Poland is called ETSmart USB Programmer.
The one in Russia is called iprog.
can someone tell me if they are the same thing? only different names? or whats the deal pleas help asap cuz i need to order one on mayday. Today is Saturday 12-18-2010 im in USA IL

zdan3h
18th December, 2010, 07:39 PM
p.s maybe someone can provide me with a link so i can compare prices ?

airbag dude
19th December, 2010, 10:17 PM
i bought one from arlabs you can check out their website at EPROM PROGRAMMER DEVICE PROGRAMMER BY ANDROMEDA RESEARCH (http://WWW.ARLABS.COM) (look at the top right hand of the website and click on automotive kits) i would recomend buying kit #2 as it allows you to program motorola chips as well

amrif
19th December, 2010, 11:25 PM
IMO CARPROG - CODECARD.LT - advanced tools for car electronic repair. (http://www.codecard.lt) or CRASH ERASER (only diag) SMOK (http://www.smok.com.pl/index.php?lang=en&id=oferta&kategoria=4)

zdan3h
20th December, 2010, 02:30 AM
IMO CARPROG - CODECARD.LT - advanced tools for car electronic repair. (http://www.codecard.lt) or CRASH ERASER (only diag) SMOK (http://www.smok.com.pl/index.php?lang=en&id=oferta&kategoria=4)
its to expensive for starters. but thx a lot i've seen that carprog before but i hope to spend less then 1000k on the programmers and some extra for cables and things like that.:)

zdan3h
20th December, 2010, 02:34 AM
im gonna buy that programmer from Poland the guy says hes gonna ship fast and i should get it in like 3 days. I let u guys know if its any good :) or just another peace of garbage.
o yea i already have that William something programmer got it on ebay its the worse 50 $ ever spent haha

raddi
20th December, 2010, 07:40 AM
HI m8. If u think that 1000$ or so will get u going, u are dreaming. If u are serious about it, get ready to spend 10 grand or more for programmers, scanners, etc. Think about it hard, its not as easy as it looks, believe me:fight:

Regards

martij976
20th December, 2010, 10:35 AM
Don't worry m8
Buy original UPA USB with all boards, and u are busy for couple of weeks (learning) and than u will see, what u need.
Buying UPA u can't lost!
thrust me

zdan3h
21st December, 2010, 02:16 AM
HI m8. If u think that 1000$ or so will get u going, u are dreaming. If u are serious about it, get ready to spend 10 grand or more for programmers, scanners, etc. Think about it hard, its not as easy as it looks, believe me:fight:

Regards

oh dude i just wonna learn something new im not gonna spend 10k in this economy i just need a good board to play around with and that iprog looks ok for now .. oh and i got that sbb from web somewhere that's for programing car keys but most makes are from 2000year and up i hope to test it on something soon :) .. I'll let you guy know.

zdan3h
21st December, 2010, 02:19 AM
p.s well if I'll get the hang of it and i make some extra cash on the side i will be happy:)

zdan3h
22nd December, 2010, 12:50 AM
Can someone please tell me is iprog and ETSmart USB Programmer same thing?????

bestof75
22nd December, 2010, 09:09 AM
yes its the same different software ,but even the sofware r the same

zdan3h
22nd December, 2010, 09:03 PM
yes its the same different software ,but even the sofware r the same

finaly thx m8 :)

bigbertie
23rd December, 2010, 11:39 AM
HI Guys let me know what you think of this, is it a pile of junk or worh the purchase feed back welcomed!

Remapping and Chip Tuning Kit - Cables and software only. FOR K-LINE AND CAN-BUS VEHICLES (http://www.ruggedcomputing.co.uk/product/remapping_chip_tuning_kit_k_can_bus/)

zdan3h
23rd December, 2010, 08:34 PM
dude i don't think this does srs modules but i think its good for car diagnostic over all but isent it cheaper to buy all separately cables and a laptop ? and get some free software ?

zdan3h
28th December, 2010, 05:19 PM
well no one else wont to help us out hehe we wont take your money or put you out of work :) give us some links pls!!:)

zdan3h
6th January, 2011, 02:39 AM
so i got the iprog. nice so i thought im having trouble connecting it to the chip i tryed like 3 diffrend srs modules and nothing is says pin some of the pins are not connected can anyone help me out ? please !!!!!!!!!!!!!! can any post some pic's showing how thing should be connected?

zdan3h
6th January, 2011, 04:49 AM
here is a user's guide for the iprog=etsmart. hope it helps some one :)
http://www.etlweb.com/etsmart/files/etsmartusbum.pdf

baranj
7th January, 2011, 08:43 PM
Hello, What do you think about this device?
Galep-5 (http://www.progshop.com/shop/programmer/galep5/index.html)

zdan3h
8th January, 2011, 03:39 AM
well looks good but is it wort the money ? hmmm try something someone used before .. i got my iprog and im having problems connecting it to eeprom. i spent 4 evenings connecting it and still says some of the pins are not connected im guessing its the eeproms that r messed up not the iprog but i'll keep u updated

aaronfirth
8th January, 2011, 05:31 PM
Hello, What do you think about this device?
Galep-5 (http://www.progshop.com/shop/programmer/galep5/index.html)

Steer clear I have one and my wellon vp990 totally blows it away galep does not even have auto Id well expensive for what it does.
Aaron

autoelectric
8th January, 2011, 06:26 PM
I have an xprog-m (clone) and i can say that is very good. Is a very good choise for beginers.

zdan3h
8th January, 2011, 06:47 PM
I have an xprog-m (clone) and i can say that is very good. Is a very good choise for beginers. yea i was thinking of buying one but then i thought for srs work iprog is better.... can you work with srs modules with it specially with usa cars ?:party:

MS1
9th January, 2011, 09:57 PM
yea i was thinking of buying one but then i thought for srs work iprog is better.... can you work with srs modules with it specially with usa cars ?:party:

Are you trying to read in circuit or of the board?
If you need more info post more info, what airbag module what vehicle come out from what chip you trying to read,
That is only half of your problem, Than you need to know how to clear the crash data, after that you need to test it if was done correctly, a lot to learn, If you do incorrectly who knows what will happen, Are you doing this as a hobby or trying to make money, GOOGLE airbag resetting there guys in US that reset airbag modules for $49.00 . Believe me it is not a money making venture.

XPROG-M or IPROG no difference they only read the content of the chip, they do not automatically clear the crash data from it, best way for starters remove the chip and mount in programmer, read it and than try to make sense from the hex data.

buffetw
9th January, 2011, 11:04 PM
I'm in US. Have upa-usb and andromedia. I don't have issues with SRS, but then again, I don't reset many b/c in US it's cheaper to buy them than pay penalites related to getting caught or insurance companies that find out the srs was reset and not replaced.

It's good in theory but can be bad luck. It's alot different in other areas where parts are harder to get and the lawyers aren't as trigger happy.

zdan3h
10th January, 2011, 05:55 PM
I'm in US. Have upa-usb and andromedia. I don't have issues with SRS, but then again, I don't reset many b/c in US it's cheaper to buy them than pay penalites related to getting caught or insurance companies that find out the srs was reset and not replaced.

It's good in theory but can be bad luck. It's alot different in other areas where parts are harder to get and the lawyers aren't as trigger happy. lol i had no idea that's illegal in us as you can see if i wore to really make $$ of of it i wold be more aggressive with this srs thing but im taking it one day at a time im still having trouble connecting the 8 pins to the iprog every thing looks good but it says pin2 and pin 3 is not connected do you guy know of any store in us that sells tiny cables ? is ther any other store then radioshack ?:):bebored:

zdan3h
10th January, 2011, 06:01 PM
Are you trying to read in circuit or of the board?
If you need more info post more info, what airbag module what vehicle come out from what chip you trying to read,
That is only half of your problem, Than you need to know how to clear the crash data, after that you need to test it if was done correctly, a lot to learn, If you do incorrectly who knows what will happen, Are you doing this as a hobby or trying to make money, GOOGLE airbag resetting there guys in US that reset airbag modules for $49.00 . Believe me it is not a money making venture.

XPROG-M or IPROG no difference they only read the content of the chip, they do not automatically clear the crash data from it, best way for starters remove the chip and mount in programmer, read it and than try to make sense from the hex data.

yea that's what im trying to do reset crash data but first i wonna see how it looks hehe cant do nothing if i don't see it i tryed 3 different modules Toyota, Nissan maxima 05, and KIA/bosch chip. the iprog looks ok and i read somewhere that i don't need to take the chip off the board that y i got the iprog. thx :)

zdan3h
26th January, 2011, 01:54 AM
well i c ppl forgot about my topic ... i still have problems with iprog so i suggest not to buy one maybe someone can help me out it seems like i cant connect all the pins they are connected but the iprog is saying they are not

buffetw
1st February, 2011, 02:53 PM
try digikey for other electroncs stuff

zdan3h
1st February, 2011, 06:19 PM
try digikey for other electroncs stuff

yea i took a look and they have too much stuff to go threw all of them can you be more specific ? thx:help:

zdan3h
28th February, 2011, 01:26 AM
so DK ppl forgot bout me i c well im still stuck i cant get connected to that eeprom's with my iprog and i paid 300$ buck for it plz help

AMLGAR
28th February, 2011, 03:19 AM
www.dashpro.com:rolleyes:

zdan3h
28th February, 2011, 03:14 PM
www.dashpro.com:rolleyes: (http://www.dashpro.com:rolleyes:)

Yea thx m8 but thers nothing good in there and those are high prices but thx :rolleyes:

credoline
28th February, 2011, 03:52 PM
Buy somewhere original or copy of SEEprog from ELNEC. That is one of the best 8 pin eprom programmer. He read/write in circuit, you can use it for r/w FIS from radio and use for r/w in circuit dashboard and simialr stuff. Software is excelent, you can select device by manafacturer and by normal or rotated pinout and selection 8/16 bit organization. Lifetime update.
If you need link for good copy ,mail me private.

lawdog1
23rd March, 2011, 02:57 AM
so DK ppl forgot bout me i c well im still stuck i cant get connected to that eeprom's with my iprog and i paid 300$ buck for it plz help

It is harder than it looks to make connections with all of the pins. What kind of connector are you using? There are 8 pin chip test clips that grab the chips. I have 3m and pomona. the 3m makes a better connection but it is almost impossible to squeeze because the spring is so damn stiff so it is worthless to me because i can't squeeze it without my top connectors popping off.

You also have to realize that most of the chips are coated in glue or protectant, so you can't just clip away. Clean the connections first before you try to clip.

You also have to realize that just because it says it can program in circuit it doesn't mean it will. Many people here will swear by in-circuit programming, others say they always remove the chip. I have an xprog-m clone and haven't had much luck in-circuit. I can usually read, but cannot write. The abilities will be device dependant. There's a reason some cost more than others. To be sure, why not remove one of your chips and try to read it?

You also have to do some reading. I am definitely still a beginner, but I read a lot of threads on here before I ever post any questions. People here are willing to help but will not when it looks like you didn't do any homework. There have to be a number of these "which programmer is best" threads.

Anyone reading this want to chime in on their experience with in-circuit reading/writing of 8-pin soics with xprog-m? I'm pretty disappointed with that aspect of it so far ... I know removing the chip is safer, but seems like a lot of people get away with in-circuit and I am starting to feel comfortable being able to tell if the data is corrupted or not.

alex_SW
23rd March, 2011, 07:13 AM
im for the removal....its safer,and why not,faster...just hot air for 1 min,and its off....same putting it back...

zdan3h
23rd March, 2011, 04:27 PM
@lawdog1 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/190651-lawdog1/) yea dude i read in circuit but still have some problems so i guess i need to lift the pins im gonna try to do that today hot air is good ? or desolder it ? cuz if im gonna use hot air is that gonna take care of the solder that is on those 8 pins ? is there a video somewhere how to do that?

zdan3h
23rd March, 2011, 04:28 PM
im for the removal....its safer,and why not,faster...just hot air for 1 min,and its off....same putting it back...

are u able to take it off the board completely ? how do u do that exactly maybe there is a tutorial ?

ps. im a noob :P

zdan3h
23rd March, 2011, 05:07 PM
oh and i still have problems with recognizing chip names :( if any one has some suggestions pls help out

lawdog1
23rd March, 2011, 05:44 PM

alex_SW,

Do you hot air it back or solder with an iron? Do you use solder paste, new solder, or just flux it and reuse the old solder? After I hot air the chip off, I clean with solder braid and then put new solder down. This can take time to do when you are being really safe to make sure all the connections are good. I'd like to avoid this. I bought some solder paste and have seen some people who lay it down and just hot air the chip back on. I haven't tried this myself yet.

I started using hot air to remove them, but a lot of these units have glue underneath the chip that makes it a little harder to yank off even when the solder is liquid. It's hard to feel if the chip is still soldered or if the glue is holding it down. I'm afraid I may yank off the connection one time. Also, there are resistors sometimes that are so close to the chip and there's a risk of dislodging them.

There's peace of mind when you do it in circuit that the solder connections are factory and remain looking factory.

lawdog1
23rd March, 2011, 05:47 PM
@lawdog1 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/190651-lawdog1/) yea dude i read in circuit but still have some problems so i guess i need to lift the pins im gonna try to do that today hot air is good ? or desolder it ? cuz if im gonna use hot air is that gonna take care of the solder that is on those 8 pins ? is there a video somewhere how to do that?

check youtube, there are some decent videos floating around. You can pull an 8 pin off with an iron, but it is tricky and difficult if space is an issue. Hot air makes it easy, but practice on a broken board first. There's also something called chipquick (check youtube) that melts at a low temp and stays liquid, which really simplifies removal id you are having problems.

alex_SW
23rd March, 2011, 07:00 PM
hot air off and hot air putting back...u can use flux...but not to much,can damage the ic....gets real hot.....

erasdiagnostic
29th March, 2011, 01:08 AM
Try tachosoft airbag reseter 6.4

samyboy
21st April, 2011, 10:10 PM
make sur you clean very good the pins , because sometime they have some protection or glue ,

can you uplade software please i am also interested to buy IPROG but i would like to see software what kind of ship it support
thanks