PDA

View Full Version : fumeless gloss

gmb45
18th December, 2010, 08:32 AM
any one know where to get fumeless gloss ? preferably one coat gloss, also is it any good, as in does it work, the normal dulux i got is ~~~~ing me chest up, i need to get me passage finished, and obviously cant open windows and doors to get rid of fumes cause of the cold. cheers :)

Bulld0g
18th December, 2010, 08:42 AM
Cut an onion in half m8 and leave it in the room your painting.

daithi
18th December, 2010, 11:00 PM
any one know where to get fumeless gloss ? preferably one coat gloss, also is it any good, as in does it work, the normal dulux i got is ~~~~ing me chest up, i need to get me passage finished, and obviously cant open windows and doors to get rid of fumes cause of the cold. cheers :)

the fumes are the best part so ya can get high lol ya right a dirty headache is all ya get never knew ya could get fumeless gloss will be buying it the next time

cheers mate

maca
18th December, 2010, 11:06 PM
you can now get water based gloss m8 hardly any fumes and stays white just as long if not longer from the usual diy stores b'q and so on..

patkins
19th December, 2010, 12:35 AM
Dirty coont is painting his passage.

Grizz
19th December, 2010, 01:10 AM
dont mind that paint lark mate, this is what you need!!! lol

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/an/anusol-ointment-25g.jpg

on a serious note, why not trade with a mate. let him do the gloss for you and you do a diff job for him.

billy2
22nd December, 2010, 03:02 AM
got some the weekend m8 from homebase

alladdin
27th December, 2010, 04:48 PM
i seem to remember that either wilko (probably) or aldi maybe) gloss was practicaly fumeless.

cactikid
27th December, 2010, 08:37 PM
blimey and the wife dont paint,delegate while you have a cold one lol

gmb45
28th December, 2010, 04:22 AM
brought some b&q brand water based gloss, no fumes but not a patch on normal one coat dulux gloss and you got to do two coats, gunna buy some crown water based gloss see how good that is. ive got a crown decorators centre near me so should be cheaper than b&q etc.

opsmonkey
28th December, 2010, 04:32 AM
You can burn the fumes off by placing a couple of candles around the room you have painted (obviously not near the wall whilst it's wet)