PDA

View Full Version : BMW E60 2008 ELV problem

raf328
18th December, 2010, 10:38 AM
Hi!

I have BMW E60 2008 and replace the steering column to other one without the ELV.
Now i cannot start the car and on dash light up yellow steering wheel with lock icon...
There is the way to remove ELV checking from CAS ?
Maybe other solution ?

garageozcar
19th December, 2010, 12:31 AM
i know how PM

Dreamer
19th December, 2010, 12:49 AM
i know how PM
If you share with the rest of the forum it will help everyone. That's why we are here, to help each other out.

jnp1908
19th December, 2010, 11:38 AM
You need to use DIS to reset the ELV - so I would try putting the old steering column back in.

The software is the problem as their is a corruption of the software between the SCM and the CAS.

THen do a CAS reset
or the other way around if it wont allow it.

Then you must update the whole car using Progman to get the new Software and part. numbers.

On some models you cannot access the ELV reset, so just use Progman with MOST connected and run a measures plan, it will identify the corrupt software, and draw up a test plan, for you to execute, which will update all modules with new part no and software.

Some models then need you to go into DIS and reset CAS once again

The most important aspect is to have the entire software upgrade and new part number allocation. This stops the corruption.

BMW will normally replace the SCM and CAS where possible or just the CAS, and then update. In Progman and DIS you actually get the Warranty claim number if relevant at the end of the process. But So far I have done 3 of these and never have I replaced a module yet.

If Progman fails to allow you to reprogram or gives error messages, you must go back into Progman, and start again but this time tell Progman you have replaced modules already, and select CAS and SCM where appropriate. Then try the update again, this time it will be successful. SOmetimes I have had to do the update with pretend replaced modules twice before its been accepted.

If you get stuck try to use guided fault process in DIS which will normally give you the best process for he model once it identifies the fault. Of course it will tell you to replace the module, but just tell Progman you have replaced and continue.

Artjom
25th December, 2010, 12:26 PM
try to get familier with infa... its the best choise.. you have more possibilies... then with dis or progman... but not easy to use..

raf328
4th January, 2011, 09:16 AM
I CHANGE the steering column, resetting the CAS do nothing.
There is no ELV permanently. :)

FAL
5th January, 2011, 01:39 AM
I CHANGE the steering column, resetting the CAS do nothing.
There is no ELV permanently. :)
Try this, it might work:

Use NCS Expert and change these, in the CAS, from:

ELV_AUT_FCT
aktiv
ELV_RESET_FCT
aktiv
to

ELV_AUT_FCT
nicht_aktiv
ELV_RESET_FCT
nicht_aktiv
I can't find any reference to ELV or steering locks in any of my SA lists, so i don't think you'll need to change the Vehicle Order.

raf328
10th January, 2011, 09:33 AM
I tried the ELV_AUT_FCT and ELV_RESET_FCT options - does not work.
Maybe i need flash CAS with program from CAS without ELV ?

trigital
10th January, 2011, 10:15 AM

Disconect the ELV.

raf328
10th January, 2011, 10:23 AM
There is no ignition when ELV is disconnected. Only yellow steering wheel with lock :)

FAL
13th January, 2011, 08:38 AM
These are the only other ELV options, i can find:

CAS

ELV_TESTER
nicht_aktiv
aktiv
FRM

ELV_TESTER
nicht_aktiv
aktiv
FRM-FRM

ELV_TESTER
nicht_aktiv