PDA

View Full Version : DM7020 - Motor problems

agrima
20th December, 2010, 05:56 AM
Hi.
I have a DM7020 which feeds a VBox positioner for a motorised system.
Up to some time ago, all was well but then, it started to fail to turn the antenna.
I think it is the DiSEqC output from the DM which is failing.
Anybody knows if I can monitor the DiSEqC output with pc using some software.
Is this a common fault with DM?
Thanks

Mjolinor
20th December, 2010, 08:38 AM
Why do you think it's the Diseqc?

If you use the buttons on the front of the Vbox box does it turn OK?

agrima
20th December, 2010, 03:25 PM
Yes. The Vbox operates fine with its own remote control. Also, the program number on the Vbox rermains unchanged by the DM. Before this used to change to the satellite programmed number and then the motor would turn to the pre-programmed location.

Mjolinor
20th December, 2010, 05:28 PM
Well as far as I know it is not a common fault with the 7020 in fact I have never known one go faulty on the diseqc. Do the numbers in your setup correspond with the numbers on the positioner, perhaps the dreambox has lost its memory, they do sometimes.

agrima
21st December, 2010, 06:27 AM
Thank you Mjolinor. I do not think so because, from the motor setup, and try to move the dish east / west, it will not move. Is there a way to reset the motor settings or do I have to rre-load the image?

Mjolinor
21st December, 2010, 08:47 AM
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbably, must be the truth.

So with Sherlock Holmes in mind. Does the box still receive channels? That will remove the possibility of faulty coax.

That then leaves 4 possibilities, Vbox diseqc input/output or 7020 diseqc output/input.

You will need to find which with another STB. As far as I am aware the DISEQC goes both ways, it has to send "done" signals to the Dreambox as it is performing it's task. The protocol is a master / slave type protocol.

Debugging the actual diseqc from the coax will require an oscilloscope and a lot of thought.

agrima
21st December, 2010, 08:05 PM
Let me try to be Sherlock Holmes! Reception signal is ok. I can change satellite using the VBox remote control and channels can be viewed clearly. So, Satellite position and signal strength is OK.
I'm not sure if the DiSEqC is duplex (both ways). However, if I go to Menu - Setup - Service Searching - Motor Setup and Move antenna, pressing left / right, the motor will not move to either East / West.
I have managed to acquire a GBox. So I will hook it up and try it. This way I will be able to determine (hopefully) whether the fail is from the DM or the positioner.
To debug the actual DiSEqC commands, some interface is required. With an oscilloscope, you can only see the data signals (if any - and I will try and keep you posted) but some decoder / software is required. I don't think that Hyperterminal will work.

Mjolinor
22nd December, 2010, 01:17 AM
You will be able to read it form the oscilloscope but it will be tiem consuming.

You shouldnt have to do a lot of it though, I suspect that it iwll be missing from one or the other of them then you knwo which is faulty

I have no idea how you woudl go about fixing it though.