PDA

View Full Version : Change BSI

Rito
21st December, 2010, 01:35 AM
I change mileage in BSI peugeot 307 2006 but after this car had some deficiency electronic...air conditioning does not work after some time car start....
I think dump is some corrupt.

I have BSI second hand that visual is same like original.
What I need for change BSI???
Only programme keys for new BSI??

Thanks

id.cartronic
21st December, 2010, 03:08 PM
I change mileage in BSI peugeot 307 2006 but after this car had some deficiency electronic...air conditioning does not work after some time car start....
I think dump is some corrupt.

I have BSI second hand that visual is same like original.
What I need for change BSI???
Only programme keys for new BSI??

Thanks

if you have the same bsi
you will need PSA and just programme the bsi according to the parameters of the car
(radio,air condition,rear wiper etc...)
and allso programme the keys but for this you will need the pin code.
beware before you connect the bsi- if the value of the km in the bsi higher than the dash the km will jump from the bsi to dash.

javilette
21st December, 2010, 03:46 PM
you need the original data of the eprom.if you dont have this data for the new bsi you have put a virging dump for the new bsi or original bsi and you need program whitc peugeot planet whitc lexia interface.the use bsi dont works in other cars.

if you have the original data you upload the original.i change for you.

regars

mastaflex
21st December, 2010, 03:54 PM
if your original dump is not corrupted just reprogram it and avery thing will be ok. if your dump is corrupted just put in your BSI a virgin dump. no need to exchange BSI

Rito
21st December, 2010, 05:47 PM
you need the original data of the eprom.if you dont have this data for the new bsi you have put a virging dump for the new bsi or original bsi and you need program whitc peugeot planet whitc lexia interface.the use bsi dont works in other cars.

if you have the original data you upload the original.i change for you.

regars

I put original dump in frist post.

Please check........
Thanks

einet
21st December, 2010, 06:35 PM
This is what someone give me to resolve some problems when disconnect the battery or currupt the self diagnosis from the Power on the BSI.

TRAY.

PROCEDURE FOR BATTERY DIS-CONNECTION (The 3 Minute Rule)
Whenever a vehicle battery has to be dis-connected, switch off all equipment,
interior lights etc, close the doors leaving the drivers window open.
Switch off the ignition and remove the key and any DIAG equipment.

Wait a full 3 minutes before disconnecting the battery.

The BSi must be allowed to go to SLEEP i.e. into "power save mode". Do not
operate any equipment on the vehicle during this time. Remember, even
opening the bonnet will wake the BSi on a vehicle fitted with alarm.

If the battery is under the bonnet, open the bonnet first and leave it up. 807
batteries can be dis-connected through the drivers window, remove floor cover
first. (note, Pics are under the passenger seat)

ALWAYS disconnect any DIAG equipment and do not operate any plips from
other vehicles during the 3 minute waiting period.

PROCEDURE FOR BATTERY RECONNECTION
Unless otherwise instructed by Product Service, you must always
carry out the following procedure, often referred to as a "soft re-boot", to
minimise the possibility of the BSi corrupting its own software when
reconnecting the vehicles battery supply.
Ensure the procedure for battery disconnection has been adhered to and
importantly all BSi functions were switched off with the drivers window left
down.
1 Close all doors
2 Remove ignition key if left in ignition
3 Reconnect battery. DO NOT open any doors
4 Wait 10 seconds
5 Switch on headlights through the drivers window (you will hear a "bong") (note: Snap-on says Side-lights)
6 Switch on ignition then start the vehicle and check system functions

NOTE: Upon reconnection, if any vehicle function controlled by the BSi i.e .
interior light is switched on,the internal operation of the BSi has the potential
to spike or corrupt its configuration and software program......

einet

lee_hdi
21st December, 2010, 06:40 PM
The engine ECU and the BSI have to be matched.

Each ECU in a correctly functioning system has a 4 digit code programmed into it.

Once this code is entered into the ECU it will not be possible to be read, deleted or modified.

The second hand BSI can't be matched to the existing engine ECU even if you know both codes from both ECU's.

In order to fit a new BSI you need to know the correct security code of the existing engine ECU so you can enter this code in the new BSI.

If you get this wrong the new BSI will become unusable.

If you don't know the correct code for the existing engine ECU then you need to replace the engine ECU and the BSI.

They then will need to be configured and matched. If the code to the vehicle is not known you can make up a code in this case
but make sure you enter the same code in both ECU. It could be an expensive exercise to get this one wrong.

Peugeot Dealers can obtain the security codes for a particular vehicle if you are the lawful owner.

The odometer reading (distance travelled) is memorised in the BSI and the instrument panel. If you connect a second hand BSI with a reading
higher then the one on the instrument, the distance on the instrument will increase to the higher BSI reading as soon as it is connected to the car.

So beware, a customer would not be happy if his distance suddenly jumped up several thousand kilometres.

There is one way you can fit a second hand BSI. Use the engine ECU from the same donor car where the BSI came from.

It would then still be helpful if you can obtain the donor cars 4 digit security code for future programming, and also remember the issue with the distance. The distance reading won't be a problem if the donor car has lower distance then the recipient, the distance in the BSI will then simply go up to the correct distance.