PDA

View Full Version : Real Time emulator for 29Fxx

rsibiza
21st December, 2010, 10:41 PM
Hi,i am searching for an tool like the OLS300 real time emulator...

Have found ostrichs one,but cant handle 29Fxx flash memories.

My question...does anybody know this tool:

Roadrunner-DIY: "Guts" Kit [RR_KIT] - $489.00 : Moates.Net (http://www.moates.net/roadrunnerdiy-guts-kit-p-118.html?cPath=31)

Can this handle older DIP eproms and 29Fxx flash?

Best regardcs

michi84
15th January, 2011, 08:38 PM
Hi,i am searching for an tool like the OLS300 real time emulator...

Have found ostrichs one,but cant handle 29Fxx flash memories.

My question...does anybody know this tool:

Roadrunner-DIY: "Guts" Kit [RR_KIT] - $489.00 : Moates.Net (http://www.moates.net/roadrunnerdiy-guts-kit-p-118.html?cPath=31)

Can this handle older DIP eproms and 29Fxx flash?

Best regardcs

I m also searching for a 29f400 emulator for edc15. do you have any news? is roadrunner suitable for tunerpro with trace funtion?
do you know if ols16 works with winol1.5?

del635
29th January, 2011, 08:36 PM
Sorry lol lol

euroe36m3
26th June, 2011, 12:35 PM
any news on this? I am still looking for a emulator. I think the roadrunner will not work as it only does 16 bit, but most ecu's use 8 and 16 bit. I could be wrong, so maybe someone has some experience. I need it for a 28f200bxb.

michi84
26th June, 2011, 12:36 PM
I think it should do both, 8 and 16 bit. But I dont know if you are able to do real time checksum correction for your ecu type with tunerpro...
That's why I bought OLS200 for Winols!

ducatisti
26th June, 2011, 05:19 PM
I think it should do both, 8 and 16 bit. But I dont know if you are able to do real time checksum correction for your ecu type with tunerpro...

Rs ibiza

I use ostrich and tuner pro for live tracing on.superbikes . It works well

Mici84

What's the difference between ols 200 and 300 ?
Anyone know if they work with winols 1500 ?

Can someone clone it . Apparently someone here claimed to have seen a cloned version

michi84
26th June, 2011, 05:46 PM
Rs ibiza

I use ostrich and tuner pro for live tracing on.superbikes . It works well

Mici84

What's the difference between ols 200 and 300 ?
Anyone know if they work with winols 1500 ?

Can someone clone it . Apparently someone here claimed to have seen a cloned version

Until today nobody has presented a picture of cloned OLS200 or 300... Some people are talking about that they maybe have seen it somewhere, but I think it's only hot air ;)

difference between OLS200 and 300 is usb instead of LPT and some memmory extensions.. I don't know exactly.
The OLS200 works with WinOLS1.2
I think it wont work with 1.5 or 1.7 because these versions are only cracked trial/Demo Versions and so they don't support any additional hardware..
I thought about cloning my OLS200 but there are two chips inside that must be identified and cracked to be read.... I would have to send it to China for reading them for a affordable price and this at least cost me more than 1000***8364;..

I dont want to do that...

ducatisti
26th June, 2011, 06:35 PM
Until today nobody has presented a picture of cloned OLS200 or 300... Some people are talking about that they maybe have seen it somewhere, but I think it's only hot air ;)

difference between OLS200 and 300 is usb instead of LPT and some memmory extensions.. I don't know exactly.
The OLS200 works with WinOLS1.2
I think it wont work with 1.5 or 1.7 because these versions are only cracked trial/Demo Versions and so they don't support any additional hardware..
I thought about cloning my OLS200 but there are two chips inside that must be identified and cracked to be read.... I would have to send it to China for reading them for a affordable price and this at least cost me more than 1000***8364;..

I dont want to do that...

I would imagine 200 would be the better bet for the dyno room. Usb stuff always shuts itself down.

Is winols 1.2 still around ?

michi84
26th June, 2011, 06:51 PM
I would imagine 200 would be the better bet for the dyno room. Usb stuff always shuts itself down.

Is winols 1.2 still around ?

I would prefer a USB Version because its hard to find Laptops with LPT Port. Most of the LPT-USB converter are not working for emulators, only for printers. You have to spend a lot of mony for a real converter(80 - 200 USD)..
I don't have bad experiences with USB Stuff at all...At least not ore than with Serial or Parallel Hardware...

ducatisti
28th June, 2011, 09:26 PM
I would prefer a USB Version because its hard to find Laptops with LPT Port. Most of the LPT-USB converter are not working for emulators, only for printers. You have to spend a lot of mony for a real converter(80 - 200 USD)..
I don't have bad experiences with USB Stuff at all...At least not ore than with Serial or Parallel Hardware...

I'm the opposite

Usb in bike dyno rooms do not mix . I wish Swiftec would hurry up and add an emulator to there software . Please if anyone knows of a ols 300 for sale let me know

michi84
28th June, 2011, 10:29 PM
I'm the opposite

Usb in bike dyno rooms do not mix . I wish Swiftec would hurry up and add an emulator to there software . Please if anyone knows of a ols 300 for sale let me know

Are you looking for OLS200(LPT) or 300(USB)?

TheCoder
28th June, 2011, 11:21 PM
Its only a flash emulator so why not build your own ?

There are quite a few designs around for Eprom emulators (from donkeys years agon when we had the likes of 2732/2764's etc). Flash devices really aren't that different and can be emulated reasonably easily by some static ram, a handful of logic chips and a battery.

If you want more than very basic emulation then it wouldn't be too hard to add extra functionality by adding a cheap processor (PIC/ATmel etc) to give you stuff like serial port/usb program loading etc.

euroe36m3
1st July, 2011, 11:54 AM

It can only work in 16bit bus mode as per Moates tech support, it does not function in 8 bit bus mode