PDA

View Full Version : HELP fo a newbi

primey1
22nd December, 2010, 07:08 PM
hi i've just found this site i used to be a satkings site for cable. I'm no tec guy and took me a while to get my head round some of the stuff on site. i've just read a few threads on ITgate220 about changing to sat tunner? i was just wondering if anyone could help in a not to tec way of what i would get channel wise if changed the tunner?(which i don't know how to as yet) i have the TGM220 box with cable tunner and a normal sky dish thanks

andiewill
22nd December, 2010, 08:38 PM
To change the tuner is a piece of p#@s, open the box 4 screws i think take top off, locate the tuner and pull out, and swap over simples.

reboot the box via factory reset and the software on the box will detect the sat tuner and then go through the settings, just as with when you set it up for the first time with a cable tuner inside it Ie: setting time zone, picture type etc.

now you can wire it straight to your sly dish and pick up thier free to air stuff if it is still set to the correct satalite 28e for sly, if you want more than that you will have to subscribe to a provider (c-sharing) and a little ftp programing ish and the world can be yours on that frequency as stated in your previous thread.

When you get to the programing stage there is plenty of help if you get stuck, and its not that difficult if you are used to a linux box which you are owning a itgate.

PS:_ the bigger the dish max 110m and a motorised set up the more you can access by the same method above, and just think off what is out there.

mept1
23rd December, 2010, 12:24 AM
Just to add the andie post above,....if you want more than freeview?,....you will need your box connected to a router and at least the v8 imagie to access the panel via the blue button,..were you can download the latest Cccam and config file.

good luck