PDA

View Full Version : EGR valve Renault, Nissan, Vaux

Liteace
23rd December, 2010, 03:40 PM
Got here a 03 Ren, Vaux, Nissan premistar 1900 diesel, it's got no power, well a little bit between 2200 - 3000rpm, the only fault code it clutch pedal switch but it has that forever. It's all pointing towards EGR valve, is it a common problem on these ?

gregk
23rd December, 2010, 08:46 PM
On 1.9 d if egr is even a little open it will hunt like mad when cold and smoke. EGR is easy enought to get to 3 bolts and if you lucky it will slide stright out. Turn it by 90 degree and put back in see how it drives if it's OK you found your problem.[you will only be able to secure it by 1 bolt] I belive fuel pump you got on there is an epic pump big rubber cover on top of pump? If it is check valve and pump timing as they have tendancy of moving no key way on camshaft or pump. Does engine smoke or diesel knock?

Itsme
23rd December, 2010, 09:08 PM
Vauxhall Vivaro type?
Engine is a Renault F9Q 760 with common rail injection system and the injection pump, although driven by the cam belt, is not timed as such - timing is done by ECU using engine sensors.

EGR valves can be troublesome as well as injectors, injection pump (drive between main pump and piggy-backed charge pump shears), MAF and some even require an ECU software update to fix driveability problems.

Think this may be a MAF problem but don't quote me.

try getting it scanned to see the "live data" or if you have an OPCOM scan it yourself.

gaz51
23rd December, 2010, 09:18 PM
hi
also the 1,9 renault engine often has turbo pressure sensor (inlet air pressure sensor) malfunction. in that case the engine will be quite powerless.

Liteace
23rd December, 2010, 09:20 PM
Its dont smoke and it starts and idles fine, its just got no power. I followed and ran through all the test procedures in TIS 2000, I ran actuator test for EGR but I got a message back from op-com saying that the something like:

ecu could not complete test

I have logged the live data and it here, if someone would be so kind to have a look for me as I dont want to put a new ?200 EGR valve on if its the ECU

Thanks

Itsme
23rd December, 2010, 10:03 PM
Its dont smoke and it starts and idles fine, its just got no power. I followed and ran through all the test procedures in TIS 2000, I ran actuator test for EGR but I got a message back from op-com saying that the something like:

ecu could not complete test

I have logged the live data and it here, if someone would be so kind to have a look for me as I dont want to put a new ?200 EGR valve on if its the ECU

Thanks

Hi Liteace

First of all I must state that I am not an expert at this live data thing but as far as I can see everything seems to be working as it should. But if there are any experts out there then please feel free to correct me.

I have tried to do the EGR test on 3 different vauxhalls with the same software as you and quite a few other versions, was not able to get a satisfactory result once.

As an afterthought and only because this happened to my son's 2005 Vivaro. His vehicle lost power at about 2000 revs fault was eventually traced to the turbo being siezed solid.

cost 550 GBP to replace.

Meat-Head
23rd December, 2010, 10:14 PM
suggest it has a blown hair flow meter.

gets bad earf, ecu tries to draw an earf via hair flow meter and pop.

remove hold up to the light, see if you can see 2 itsy bitsy teeny weeny bits of wire.

Whilst i remember to mention, the form has been having some software issus, eating posts, slow etc, it might be worth checking to see if your thanks button works in a few more of your threads, just for reference.
HTH

Meat.

gregk
23rd December, 2010, 10:50 PM
Sorry I tought you had an f8q 632 engine which is a lot simpler. Not sure on egr valve in vivaro but you might be able to check it the same way I know you can do this on f9q scenic 1.9dci.

Liteace
24th December, 2010, 02:53 AM
Whilst i remember to mention, the form has been having some software issus, eating posts, slow etc, it might be worth checking to see if your thanks button works in a few more of your threads, just for reference.
HTH

Meat.

it works now :hahaha:

Liteace
28th December, 2010, 02:15 PM
Ive had a good look at this thing this morn, the air flow meter looks good can see the 2 small wires and also the air temp sensor in there. I have checked with engine engine idling the live data and mass air flow sensor signal is greater than 30 kg/h, so that looks ok, even if you unplug the air flow meter it does the same, I have also checked the MAP and that is doing its job, if also checked the Accelerator PP to full load stop and that is reading 100%, ive checked with engine running at idle speed injection quanaty and that is about 7.5ish mg/stroke, so thats within range, the EGR valve engine off is 5%, engine at idle speed is 30% so that is within range. what else is there to check ?????

Meat-Head
28th December, 2010, 09:35 PM
*BUMP - SPAM - ETC ETC*

1) So the thing when started has as far as driver is concerened
a 'snapped accerater cable'?

2) Leave it running for 60 seconds - or a - minete, then see if the
'snapped accerator cable' has gone.

3) We had one, try unplugging each errector - see if if it makes a dirrerence - some DFM had dropped a sheet a tape down the plug - nice insulater

HTH
Meat.

Liteace
28th December, 2010, 10:06 PM
*BUMP - SPAM - ETC ETC*

1) So the thing when started has as far as driver is concerened
a 'snapped accerater cable'?

2) Leave it running for 60 seconds - or a - minete, then see if the
'snapped accerator cable' has gone.

3) We had one, try unplugging each errector - see if if it makes a dirrerence - some DFM had dropped a sheet a tape down the plug - nice insulater

HTH
Meat.

No, its starts and revs straight away no problem, so its not that ??

Meat-Head
28th December, 2010, 10:22 PM
can you insert some transparent fuel line, see if it has metal filings in it?

Suggests a 'mechanical fault' - it is a feature where in tank punk, uploads iron filings to everything else 2500 - new rail - errectors, fuel lines etc etc.

Susspose you could tip some iron filings in the tank, so you can show your punter.

PierreTheron
5th January, 2011, 08:32 PM
Hi

Found dirty EGR on renault 1.9 dci gives no power .

Did you take out EGR and clean it . They get dirty and then stay in open position ..

Just make certain you take out the whole valve as they can stick ..(must be able to look inside intake manifold ,

You will find that car is very dead if you gear down to stop and wants to pull away again.

Hope this might help..

Liteace
5th January, 2011, 08:40 PM
Hi

Found dirty EGR on renault 1.9 dci gives no power .

Did you take out EGR and clean it . They get dirty and then stay in open position ..

Just make certain you take out the whole valve as they can stick ..(must be able to look inside intake manifold ,

You will find that car is very dead if you gear down to stop and wants to pull away again.

Hope this might help..

Ive pulled that out and cleaned it it was caked in shite, really caked put it back in and its a little better but still go no low down power

PierreTheron
5th January, 2011, 09:27 PM
Hi

Take it for a long drive now and see if it gets better ..

The last one, a Laguna i had to take out on a long trip before it got drive-able again..

The intake sure gets full of soot inside (Needs a bottle brush to clean the intake) Maybe worth reading here...

Renault Trafic - 1.9dCi Sluggish/No Power*FIXED* - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum (http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=80938)