PDA

View Full Version : Caterpillar XXXXX.fls flash file writing

leighsus
23rd December, 2010, 06:23 PM
I'm unfamiliar with alternating/rewriting existing .fls files...
If anybody is already doing this could you point me in the correct direction... I have figured out how to read .fls in IDA PRO some what rewrite .fls files but its more like cutting and pasting to make a file. I'm trying to accomplish 1000hp ecm flash file..

jrdztech
23rd December, 2010, 06:33 PM
Hi there, I am a noob here, but I want to be an active contributor, I don't know how to do what You requested but have the big question for You, Why would You go to 1000 HP?
Remember that the engine and components are designed to withstand certain specs and when You go beyond them something bad it's bound to happen.
I would like to know what kind of engine are You going to blow away with that kind of power if You are able to achieve.
Are You a Cat Tech?

leighsus
23rd December, 2010, 11:57 PM
If I was a Cat tech I would not be asking for help...
The company I work for has a few engines on the
road. one is a 6nz 750hp to the ground pete that
makes stupid mpg by controlling the fuel. temp, flow,
transfer pump, fuel heater, fuel cooler, evans waterless
coolant, fuel mode, trim codes adj to flow exactly the same,
extrune tips, custom built injs, too much to list

1000hp is just a number... It's the driver behind
the wheel that controls the out come of the engine.
Some ppl buy pp for the power, they use it for the
power and it just doesn't last. I do everything to
save fuel (MONEY)

tlimsi
25th December, 2010, 11:56 PM
I know two guys who have done it but they won't help. If anyone has advice please PM me. I am very interested as I am working hand over fist to figure it out.

Underpsi
27th December, 2010, 04:23 PM
I know two guys who have done it but they won't help. If anyone has advice please PM me. I am very interested as I am working hand over fist to figure it out.

I think the guys that are modifying the fuel tables and timing with the Cat flash files are using a Cat flash file editor program. I've never seen it before or heard of whats its called.

jrdztech
29th December, 2010, 03:32 PM
Hello again leighsus, and Happy Holidays for everyone.
I beg to differ on Your CAT Tech comment, cat techs are not the maximum authority on cat mechanics, they have all the information available and a ton of tech support, but more often than You may think cat techs have to ask tech support for help.
I know You are all about saving money, and I understand and respect that, but first, the most horse power You want out of your engine, the more fuel You will consume, regardless of any fancy upgrades or custom components you may install in such engine.
Second, if you really want to get more HP out or your engine on a safe way, visit your local dealer and request them to get the file for you, they have to get it from factory anyway, since the file has to be written specifically for the individual engine, it may cost you some money but in the long run you will save on parts and repairs compared to going the "hacker" way, the file will be written so the HP can stay within the CAT engine specs.
Now, if you really want to save fuel, keep your engine stock, service your rig properly and drive at least 5 miles slower than usual, that will save a lot of money with time.
It's working for me, it has for the last 3 years.
Also, I will recommend you that use Cat filters and oils, they may be more expensive, but you get more life out out them and your engine will stay cleaner, aftermarket filters and oils are good, but not as good as cat's.
Any way, that's only my humble opinion, I don't mean to upset you or offend you by it.
Happy NEW YEAR!!

c16man
29th December, 2010, 06:39 PM
I think the guys that are modifying the fuel tables and timing with the Cat flash files are using a Cat flash file editor program. I've never seen it before or heard of whats its called.

I`ve also heard about the progam, master cat et or flash file editor but I can`t find any info about it.

leighsus
29th December, 2010, 11:53 PM
jrdztech. Your obviously not a fan of After Market Parts.
Well It's my buisness and how I make an income. So, I can't stop. No offense taken, But watch me closely I change stock drivers in to aftermarket drivers every day.

jrdztech
30th December, 2010, 02:38 PM
Hello Leighsus, It's not that I am not a fan of aftermarket products, I know there is a lot of them out there and some are very good, in some cases better than the original part.
Till today I believe in brand names because it has worked for me, but I am willing to be educated on that matter if You want to teach me.
Have a great day.

tlimsi
2nd January, 2011, 11:58 PM
I think editing the Cat ECM files is possible with sofware like WinOLS. I am going that direction but its brand new to me.

chrisn27
7th January, 2011, 06:19 AM
Hello again leighsus, and Happy Holidays for everyone.
I beg to differ on Your CAT Tech comment, cat techs are not the maximum authority on cat mechanics, they have all the information available and a ton of tech support, but more often than You may think cat techs have to ask tech support for help.
I know You are all about saving money, and I understand and respect that, but first, the most horse power You want out of your engine, the more fuel You will consume, regardless of any fancy upgrades or custom components you may install in such engine.
Second, if you really want to get more HP out or your engine on a safe way, visit your local dealer and request them to get the file for you, they have to get it from factory anyway, since the file has to be written specifically for the individual engine, it may cost you some money but in the long run you will save on parts and repairs compared to going the "hacker" way, the file will be written so the HP can stay within the CAT engine specs.
Now, if you really want to save fuel, keep your engine stock, service your rig properly and drive at least 5 miles slower than usual, that will save a lot of money with time.
It's working for me, it has for the last 3 years.
Also, I will recommend you that use Cat filters and oils, they may be more expensive, but you get more life out out them and your engine will stay cleaner, aftermarket filters and oils are good, but not as good as cat's.
Any way, that's only my humble opinion, I don't mean to upset you or offend you by it.
Happy NEW YEAR!!

No offense bud but I'm willing to bet if I got my hands on your ECM you'll take that "CAT" programming and throw it away. First of all you CAN (I do it all the time) take that CAT and increase horsepower AND IMPROVE fuel economy at the same time. You can take a MBN 475 CAT and put out over 600hp's while increasing fuel mileage over 1mpg!
Second, going to the local CAT house and requesting a file for your truck isn't going to put you any better than the truck was to begin with from the factory, as a matter of fact an updated file will more than likely be worse on your engine regarding efficiency. Take an old truck and have it updated with a low-nox file and you'll get my point on that. ALL engines in the same family rating have the SAME program written as far as flash files. Two of the same engine that share the identical Test Spec number and Arrangement will share an identical Flash File. They control the minor fluctuations in horsepower,torque,and emissions using the FLS and FTS settings in the ECM, not the FLASH FILE. Lets see, your pretty close on the CAT filters though, even though CAT has only one plant that makes their own filters it's still managed by Donaldson Co. It pretty much starts off as a Donaldson filter but there are some minor changes made internally to tighten up the specs just a hair. Hope I was of some help...

BADGASS
10th January, 2011, 02:04 AM
I hate to say it but, I have nothing but problems with cat fuel filters not flowing after 2 or 3000 miles. Low sulfer fuel stinks!! I now use baldwin or fleetgaurd. Really would like to figure out how to edit a file though. Somebody must know something!!!!!!!!!!!

chrisn27
11th January, 2011, 12:57 AM
I hate to say it but, I have nothing but problems with cat fuel filters not flowing after 2 or 3000 miles. Low sulfer fuel stinks!! I now use baldwin or fleetgaurd. Really would like to figure out how to edit a file though. Somebody must know something!!!!!!!!!!!

PM me for file editing if interested....

chrisn27
11th January, 2011, 01:01 AM

Well I understand your filter problems as I hear it all the time, BUT, a filter that quits flowing after 2 or 3000 miles is ovbiously doing what it's supposed to do right?? FILTERING the contaminants.

catfan1
11th January, 2011, 03:02 AM
Well I understand your filter problems as I hear it all the time, BUT, a filter that quits flowing after 2 or 3000 miles is ovbiously doing what it's supposed to do right?? FILTERING the contaminants.

I would agree! I dont believe you can beat the quality of the cat filters. Been using them for 20 year only had a problem with one oil filter that busted inside and cat paid for the engine. As going to the cat house for flash files I agree with Chris.

trucks
11th January, 2011, 12:26 PM
PM me for file editing if interested....
We look for program to edit fuel,timing tables not just too swap program in ecm and change fls,fts. For more power. Do u have acess to program like this?

BADGASS
11th January, 2011, 11:00 PM
So far not to my knowledge. We are still hoping that someone will help out. :cheer:

dieselman77
12th January, 2011, 02:01 AM
LOOKING FOR CAT FLASH FILE FOR C7 KAL29349 I HAVE A FEW FLASH FILES FOR C7 ACERT BUT I AM NOT SURE IF THEY WILL WORK THEY ARE NOT SHOWING ANY INTERLOCK CODE AND IT SAYS FULL FEATURE SOFTWARE ANBODY KNOW IF WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS ? THE FILE NUMBER IS 3410808 DID THE FIRST ACERT ENGINES NOT USE INTERLOCK CODES ? THE THANK YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY

Far_Call
12th January, 2011, 02:20 AM
KAL29349 0K5103 186.5kw
2487641 >>> 2952333>>>>3000465>>>> 3410787

dieselman77
12th January, 2011, 02:51 AM
do you have the file for 330 hp ?

Far_Call
12th January, 2011, 03:48 AM
OK5094 248kw >> 333HP However the Turbo is no match.
Injectors are the same so u may choke it..

2482319>>>2952322>>>3000454>>>3410798

BADGASS
14th January, 2011, 01:49 AM
Chrisn27,Hello friend. Check your PM:cheer::cheer:

leighsus
14th January, 2011, 10:39 PM
If you have a frame mounted fuel filter. spin off the filter i gurantee that there is fuel only half full in it. Tap the fuel head and put a stand pipe on it that is not to long. that way you wont have so much air/fuel.

Well I have all the best codes for injector trim codes. I put all those in. makes 100+hp more I change fls/fts to better numbers by determing the pm. another 50 to 100+hp. Then a flash and config of the ecm could be up to 320+hp 800ft-lbs.
many mods you have to do so it can handle the power they add hp as well.
Flashing the ECM determines alot. This is a before or after mods. I could make It have a sh*t load of power and run rough. Or It could have almost a sh*t load of power and run smooth.

The point is it's all in the mapping of the flash file.

trucks
15th January, 2011, 01:20 PM
If you have a frame mounted fuel filter. spin off the filter i gurantee that there is fuel only half full in it. Tap the fuel head and put a stand pipe on it that is not to long. that way you wont have so much air/fuel.

Well I have all the best codes for injector trim codes. I put all those in. makes 100+hp more I change fls/fts to better numbers by determing the pm. another 50 to 100+hp. Then a flash and config of the ecm could be up to 320+hp 800ft-lbs.
many mods you have to do so it can handle the power they add hp as well.
Flashing the ECM determines alot. This is a before or after mods. I could make It have a sh*t load of power and run rough. Or It could have almost a sh*t load of power and run smooth.

The point is it's all in the mapping of the flash file.

You say you can add 100hp just by changing trim codes in the injectors?

catfan1
15th January, 2011, 10:40 PM
There has to be another way to change timing,hp or torque that having to reflash the ecm. It has to be a Master ET or something out there. I know its not the same but I remember being in a Cat class when we were going over Iqan on machine. And this instructor had a master Iqan or whatever but it was beyond ours. I could actually change inputs and outputs of the computer on the machine. You could make the horn button lift the boom if you wanted.
Someone some were has a program or mater et that can change what ever in a language we can understand. It will be like Microsoft Windows comparted to us trying to figure out Dos.

chrisn27
20th January, 2011, 02:16 AM
Depends on your enigne, trim files are actually used to "balance" each injector to a specified value. Cat injetors(after built/assembled) will vary in flow/cc injected. You build 100 engines with the same components the horsepower will not be exactly the same. That goes for injectors as well. So the "trim code/file" is used to balance the injectors so they will inject the same amount of fuel for each cylinder. Hence a smooth running engine. Installing certain trim files will net a power increase, there is one or two codes (NON-ACERT engines) that will produce 40-50hp to the wheels. Dyno proven results. However thats not the best way to increase power by installing all the same number codes on the same injector. There is a possibility that one injector will inject more fuel than the other. Due to wear and Cat's tolerance of the injector. The key is to increase the cc amount injected by each injector using trim codes,but at the same time balancing each injector with an equal amount.

You say you can add 100hp just by changing trim codes in the injectors?

leighsus
20th January, 2011, 07:43 PM
Like Chrisin27 Had said each Trim code determines a value of fuel it puts out. If you take the top off of a solenoid it will also add more fuel if you take a thousands of an inch off the brass shim. I would not try unlesss you have studied and retained alot of knowledge about the fuel system. I know the value for each injector code and which Inj codes do not work on C15. 5232 is a generic cat dyno code as well as 6669. There are many better.
There are ways of making your engine being able to handle the fuel and the power.
Extrude honed head. Ceramic coated head. ceramic coated injector cups. Ceramic coated Injector... stuff.
When a customer buys any set of injectors that I have built. I run the best code in all 6 cyl on a 5 cyl.. yes a 5cyl cut out test ( cat et 2000 ) then What ever is the highest number "cc" I take and change the other trim codes accordingly to flow the exact same as the highest "cc".
I wish I new how to upload pics to amaze you all...

Far_Call
20th January, 2011, 10:34 PM
Are u doing Trims Calibration by Cylinder cutout?

c16man
21st January, 2011, 11:39 AM
Like Chrisin27 Had said each Trim code determines a value of fuel it puts out. If you take the top off of a solenoid it will also add more fuel if you take a thousands of an inch off the brass shim. I would not try unlesss you have studied and retained alot of knowledge about the fuel system. I know the value for each injector code and which Inj codes do not work on C15. 5232 is a generic cat dyno code as well as 6669. There are many better.
There are ways of making your engine being able to handle the fuel and the power.
Extrude honed head. Ceramic coated head. ceramic coated injector cups. Ceramic coated Injector... stuff.
When a customer buys any set of injectors that I have built. I run the best code in all 6 cyl on a 5 cyl.. yes a 5cyl cut out test ( cat et 2000 ) then What ever is the highest number "cc" I take and change the other trim codes accordingly to flow the exact same as the highest "cc".

How do you determine a trim value for the other injectors?
Converting injector contribution ( cut out test ) or injector flow to a trim value?

leighsus
21st January, 2011, 11:47 PM
How do you determine a trim value for the other injectors?
Converting injector contribution ( cut out test ) or injector flow to a trim value?
Cat ECM determines the value. I ran Every single number in 1 cyl on a truck at 189* to find out what puts out the most and the least "cc" and wrote the valuse down for each number there fore. If you have one bad injetor I can make it pass. Or I can take the other 5 inj and make them put out less "cc" like the one that is failing.

Underpsi
22nd January, 2011, 05:31 PM
Cat ECM determines the value. I ran Every single number in 1 cyl on a truck at 189* to find out what puts out the most and the least "cc" and wrote the valuse down for each number there fore. If you have one bad injetor I can make it pass. Or I can take the other 5 inj and make them put out less "cc" like the one that is failing.

you can only use that method on the ADEM IV 32 bit or newer ecms

Jari00
23rd January, 2011, 06:15 AM
leighsus are you getting the fls into editable binary ? If so I'd love to know more. I am interested in remapping cat files and not just replacing them.

leighsus
27th January, 2011, 07:35 PM
you can only use that method on the ADEM IV 32 bit or newer ecms
Actually I my self can do it on everything but Acert Trucks. Well I can still do the 5 cyl cut out just not flow codes....

sreeindia
28th January, 2011, 09:58 AM
Any body have new flash file for 950G wheel loader.Because i was changed transmission housing (1863402). for this housing do not have speed sensors. so i would like to upgrade new flash file. for sis reference please read(SERVICE MAGAZINE 2003/01/27. MEDIA NO:SEPD 0664-00.) MY M/C.Sl.No: 5FW00860. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Jari00
30th January, 2011, 10:12 PM
Actually I my self can do it on everything but Acert Trucks. Well I can still do the 5 cyl cut out just not flow codes....

Hello Leighsus. Can you share some more information on your methods of editing CAT programming files. I am very interested to know which editing tools you use, as well as any other information you have. Am most interested in opening .fls in editable binary and determining / changing values. Please share what you know.

Thank you

toshor
31st January, 2011, 10:50 PM
do u have to use cat ET 2000

toshor
1st February, 2011, 12:47 AM
do u have to use ET2000 or can we use ET 2007 /08/09 etc

Underpsi
1st February, 2011, 03:30 AM

That's what I was talking about, only the ADEM IV 32 bit or newer ecm give you individual injector fuel flow numbers.

leighsus
3rd February, 2011, 04:26 PM
ET 2000 for 5cyl cut anything newer does not have it. I do not have enough Information to share on editing because I can't do it right... So why share it, don't want people doing it the wrong way...

Jari00
3rd February, 2011, 04:41 PM
ET 2000 for 5cyl cut anything newer does not have it. I do not have enough Information to share on editing because I can't do it right... So why share it, don't want people doing it the wrong way...

perhaps with what you know and what my software guys know together we can figure it out.

toshor
5th February, 2011, 07:15 AM
I only have ET Ver 2.0 1997 and then I jump to ET 2004 will ET Ver 2.0 work if not can u share ET2000

POWERFREAK
21st April, 2011, 03:18 AM
Has anyone made any progress on modifying cat calibrations. I am sure many will apperciate any insite anyone can give. Thanks in advance.

Alligator
9th June, 2011, 08:25 PM
97Et should have the 5cyl cut out...

Jari00
10th June, 2011, 12:35 AM
making progress with 40 pin ecm

Alligator
4th July, 2011, 06:58 PM
There are 3 places PDI, Diesel Spec, Jball elctronics that are using flash file editing software. I have come to the conclusion that they are not editing the xxxxx.fls but editing the configuration (being it is an .xml file) What I know you need is an XML editor, & CheckSum Calculator. Don't forget you'll need the file your editing. I have not done this yet due to the fact I need the programs.

home0300
4th July, 2011, 07:00 PM
I would agree! I dont believe you can beat the quality of the cat filters. Been using them for 20 year only had a problem with one oil filter that busted inside and cat paid for the engine. As going to the cat house for flash files I agree with Chris.
where can i find ccccam for gemini manual installaton

Jari00
4th July, 2011, 07:35 PM
I've come to the same conclusion. Reading binary data from a 40 pin ecm for example is not a problem. Editing it is the trick we're all working on.

Alligator
4th July, 2011, 08:52 PM
I've come to the same conclusion. Reading binary data from a 40 pin ecm for example is not a problem. Editing it is the trick we're all working on.
I have no problem reading them... Just changing parameters maybe you can help me out a little with this unpublished CAT software I'm using! What is your email?

trucks
6th July, 2011, 01:12 PM
If you have unpublished cat software to read and edit ecms i would also be interested.can u pm me? or at least tell name of program.maybe i can help you with parameters to change

Strykerforce
10th July, 2011, 08:28 PM
Hope all of you making progress in ECM Software Tweaking. Just be careful of what you do m8. It is not just Trial & Error thing. Everything should be done in proper calculations base on design and component limitations. I loved the IDEA of saving money though...

Jari00
10th July, 2011, 11:44 PM
u learn to be careful after popping an ecm or two :)

Vitamin
18th August, 2011, 02:49 AM
Have anybody tried to delete DPF from C-13 and C-15 truck engines by the flash file editing?

Alligator
6th October, 2011, 11:33 PM
Well I'm the original poster for this thread. Yes I'm
leighsus.... Wel I want to get this thread going again as I have found out more info.
1. You need to open up the ecm.
2. If you opened it well you just broke the paper gasket... its for warranty.
3. You need to clamp down with out souldering one of the connectors in the kit that match up to mpc5xx
4. You will need the program that allows you to change
what ever you want.
5. Don't screw up.
What I want to know... Is if anyone already knows a good program?

Jari00
7th October, 2011, 03:36 AM
Which ecm are you working with ? There are 6 different flavours but 3 major differences. 40pin, 70 pin and 120 pin.

I have started with 40 pin and will continue when time allows.

Alligator
7th October, 2011, 03:11 PM
just 70 pin non acert...

GoodPuppy
15th October, 2011, 02:42 AM
Now this is all cool stuff. What kind of interface are you using after you open the ecm. Yes, id really love to have a copy of the unpublished CAT ecm file editor....

I'm all ears and willing to invest in needed software/hardware to share...

thanks

Alligator
17th October, 2011, 10:59 PM
GoodPuppy.
What information have you shared? It's just you haven't been thanked in any posts.... I'm willing to share info but on the ecm sharing, my lips are tighter then virgin, your just not getting anything.
I've spent 3 years of my time on CAT ecm tuning... Are you gonnna pay me for three years of work since your willing to invest.. My knowledge can be yours for a price. It's to much of a cash cow to share at this time with everyone on DK.

Tools and equipment should be no more than $1000. Software well I'm not sure what software you decided to use so add that price on to tools/equipment

fatboy63
21st October, 2011, 03:58 AM
without the shit they have at the factory dyno, a way to measure timing, injector flow, flash file editor and so on, you guys are stabbing at a monster in the dark and will have consequences and cost the engine owner alot of money

shisik
21st October, 2011, 09:01 AM
came to us with a disabled DPF C15 2 errors
particulate trap regeneration inhibited due to temporary system lockout

Alligator
21st October, 2011, 03:25 PM
Good thing I have a dyno, and all necessary equipment. :)

Mjheavy
19th February, 2012, 01:29 AM
Any progress with the FLS. editing?

dlogi
1st July, 2012, 02:25 AM
No offense bud but I'm willing to bet if I got my hands on your ECM you'll take that "CAT" programming and throw it away. First of all you CAN (I do it all the time) take that CAT and increase horsepower AND IMPROVE fuel economy at the same time. You can take a MBN 475 CAT and put out over 600hp's while increasing fuel mileage over 1mpg!
Second, going to the local CAT house and requesting a file for your truck isn't going to put you any better than the truck was to begin with from the factory, as a matter of fact an updated file will more than likely be worse on your engine regarding efficiency. Take an old truck and have it updated with a low-nox file and you'll get my point on that. ALL engines in the same family rating have the SAME program written as far as flash files. Two of the same engine that share the identical Test Spec number and A
rrangement will share an identical Flash File. They control the minor fluctuations in horsepower,torque,and emissions using the FLS and FTS settings in the ECM, not the FLASH FILE. Lets see, your pretty close on the CAT filters though, even though CAT has only one plant that makes their own filters it's still managed by Donaldson Co. It pretty much starts off as a Donaldson filter but there are some minor changes made internally to tighten up the specs just a hair. Hope I was of some help...
So two 6NZ motors will have the same flash file? When I look on ET some have a variable torque while others have a set torque. Can I copy one of these ECM flash files and reload it on another truck? i have Cat ET 2011B Dealer version. I assume then that I also need some key when I try to copy the flash file?

tonyspamone
3rd July, 2012, 03:57 AM
So two 6NZ motors will have the same flash file? When I look on ET some have a variable torque while others have a set torque. Can I copy one of these ECM flash files and reload it on another truck? i have Cat ET 2011B Dealer version. I assume then that I also need some key when I try to copy the flash file?

Yes, after you copy the new flash file into the ecm, the engine will start but the CEL will be on and you will have no throttle.
if you look in your parameter screen, you will see that your personality module will say not programmed. click on it and another window will pop up showing you what you are changing it from and what you are going to. it will give you 2 coded lines or codes and you will have to get 'factory passwords' in order to finish the flash.

you will need access to a factory keygen

you should always copy your original file before starting to flash. This way you have your original file if something happens during your flash.

hope this helps.

ntgroup
3rd July, 2012, 08:30 AM
hj everyboby

who konw change injectors C15 giude with me becuase 06 injectors bad no working. I change 06 new injectors

5A500168748B
5A5001686690
5A50016869BD
5A5001688054
5A5001686797
5A5001688646

but i no kown change injectors where?

tonyspamone
3rd July, 2012, 11:00 AM
hj everyboby

who konw change injectors C15 giude with me becuase 06 injectors bad no working. I change 06 new injectors

5A500168748B
5A5001686690
5A50016869BD
5A5001688054
5A5001686797
5A5001688646

but i no kown change injectors where?

Here are your trim files for the injectors you posted. each injector also has a 4 digit code. you will need this code to finish installing the trim file.

Jari00
7th January, 2013, 02:32 AM
By using tools which read directly through the back door but any progress on fls editing ? This is Adem4

Underpsi
8th January, 2013, 12:22 AM
By using tools which read directly through the back door but any progress on fls editing ? This is Adem4

You edit fls files like this?

Jari00
8th January, 2013, 12:25 AM
no. only read and write eeprom and ext flash

ronshamal
8th January, 2013, 08:35 PM
no. only read and write eeprom and ext flash
so afther reading a4 e3 controller from a lee c13
whit a 40 euro ebay tool and a software to make 3d mapping
whe direkt see all fuell maps timing maps etc everyting so tuning a ecm like this is no problem......

if people realy intrested im open to help were i can..
just send a pm,

SaMirakle
8th January, 2013, 09:16 PM
so afther reading a4 e3 controller from a lee c13
whit a 40 euro ebay tool and a software to make 3d mapping
whe direkt see all fuell maps timing maps etc everyting so tuning a ecm like this is no problem......

if people realy intrested im open to help were i can..
just send a pm,

Sounds like some good progress.. I'm a bit confused though. What do you mean by 3D mapping? What software are you using? Thanks in advance :)

FritzP
31st March, 2013, 09:08 AM
I will try to shed some lights to this thread. I have been tuning Perkins engines for some years, and Perkins use the same ECM as Caterpillar.
Forget all this about Master ET and flashfile editor. What you need to do are reading out the binary file from your ECM, then edit this file and write it back to the ECM. For reading and writing/programming you will have to use a BDM tool, because this ECM's have a Motorola MPC5XX processor. There are several suppliers of BDM (background debugging module), I personally use BDM100 made by EVC. For reading and programming you will have to open up the ECM. The file you are reading have to be edited by WinOLS. This is a licensed program made by EVC. There are some crack out, but beeing a pro tuner I work with licensed software. You will also need a plug-in to handle the checksum for WinOLS. The BDM100 will read the whole content of the ECM, and not only a partial read. With this feature you can also make a clone of an ECM, or even virginise. There are now lately launched tools from other manufacturer that can flash bin files directly to the ECM without the need for opening, this is the KessV2 made by Alientech. This is very handy when you already have the file readout and just want to make a quick correction, and you can then do so directly through the diagnostic connector. With these tools you can edit and release the hidden power of your Cat or Perkins engine. Editing the files are the real job, and require a lot of experience and testing. Good luck.

Jari00
31st March, 2013, 06:09 PM
New Genius also supports writing bin but kess/genius cannot read. You still need an ori reading for that software version, make mods and then write. BDM100 is a nice tool.. I use Trasdata as well.

Thatguy1999
31st March, 2013, 06:28 PM
Is it possible to just use a BDM to simply clone an ECM? I have a tuned one that's dead and I have a BDM100 but have no idea how to use it.

SaMirakle
31st March, 2013, 06:30 PM
Is it possible to just use a BDM to simply clone an ECM? I have a tuned one that's dead and I have a BDM100 but have no idea how to use it.

Yeah it'll clone everything most likely. Basically an exact copy except maybe for the ECM S/N and a few other identifiers.

Thatguy1999
31st March, 2013, 06:50 PM
Yeah it'll clone everything most likely. Basically an exact copy except maybe for the ECM S/N and a few other identifiers.

That's fine, as long as I can pull the flash file off the dead one.

Thatguy1999
31st March, 2013, 06:56 PM
Duplicate post

spider41
11th May, 2013, 01:32 PM
hi all i have a 535B skidder serial number prefix is AAE and i have to replace ECM could sombody please help me out with flash file thanks in advance.

cnckulp
11th May, 2013, 01:55 PM
hi all i have a 535B skidder serial number prefix is AAE and i have to replace ECM could sombody please help me out with flash file thanks in advance.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=111535

ke5adb
16th August, 2016, 08:52 PM
FritzP, what info can you offer me on ADEMIII for altering the flash? Is it the same as ADEM4 as far as extracting with a BDM100?

FritzP
28th September, 2019, 05:54 AM
Hi, sorry for very late answer, but anyway clarifying for others reading this. No, ADEM 3 can not be read with BDM100, because it does not have the Motorola MPC processor.
This ECM have an older type of Motorola processor, (Motorola CPU 32) however it can be read by didicated equipment over "bdm" pins on pcb.

ANDRESDIESEL
2nd April, 2020, 06:07 PM
[CITA = leighsus; 899055] No estoy familiarizado con la alternancia / reescritura de archivos .fls existentes ...
Si alguien ya está haciendo esto, ¿podría indicarme en la dirección correcta ... He descubierto cómo leer archivos .fls en IDA PRO algo que reescribe archivos .fls pero es más como cortar y pegar para hacer un archivo. Estoy tratando de lograr un archivo flash ecm de 1000hp. [/ QUOTE]
me interesa saber de que forma lo estas haciendo