PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a openbox for blind scanning

ITS A SCAM !
25th December, 2010, 08:11 PM
As the title suggests i am after a box for blind scanning...and these seem really cheap and i dont really have much xmas present cash to waste on a STB so soon after we have managed to do christmas on a shoestring ( i dont think the wife would be impressed if i spent ?160 on a dm800HD clone ) So i am after some honest opinions about this box for getting "feeds" from matches....btw....Merry christmas everyone, hope your day is going well ;)

patkins
25th December, 2010, 10:44 PM
Aldi or Lidl do cheap boxes from time to time but you should check that blind scan is available.
Blind scanning feeds is a touch and go situation in that you can run a scan and pick up a news feed and watch for half an hour at somebody sitting in a studio waiting to interact in a 1 minute tv news item or, as happened with me, you could pick up a production of Most Haunted being filmed and sent back for editing etc. before it reaches the tv as an episode.
I have picked up Greyhound racing being transmitted and you can keep a feed in your channel list but you might not be lucky to ever pick up anything there again due to its randomness.
'What Satellite' magazine use to carry feed info-sats and tps but haven't bought it in a while.
Hope you and yours had a good Christmas and that 2011 will be equally good for you.

ITS A SCAM !
26th December, 2010, 01:15 AM
What would the Openbox S9 be like for blind scanning ?? Anybody tried ??

opsmonkey
26th December, 2010, 02:47 AM
If you are just looking for feeds then get a cheaper box.. The likes of the openbox, spiderbox, DM are for viewing pay tv on the free.. You won't find many unencrypted feeds for Football anyway, so any money spent just for this will be a waste.. Get an IP type box like the protek or a maxx which connect to a remote server and decrypt proper sports channels

ITS A SCAM !
26th December, 2010, 10:23 AM
I do already have other boxes in our house...Myself and the boys have a TM600 each and in the lounge there is a Spiderbox HD7000 ( on fixed dish facing 28.2..only used for its good HD quality ) I also have a clone DM500s knocking about, thats what i mess about with etc. I was thinking of getting one to use alongside my TM600, so i can watch HD feeds from football grounds etc on a match day.

mdt
26th December, 2010, 05:59 PM
why not use your spiderbox for blind scanning feeds and use a openbox s9hd for the fta hd from 28.2east. just a thought!, regards mdt

ITS A SCAM !
26th December, 2010, 06:19 PM
That thought has crossed my mind...i need to see if the family dont mind learning how to use another STB