PDA

View Full Version : VW SRS Modules reset

peter006
27th December, 2010, 03:23 AM
hello, here is what rosstech says regarding resetting vw modules:

"
Whenever airbags have deployed and there is crash data stored, the airbag controller must be replaced. They have an electro-mechanical switch that deploys the airbags, somewhat like the hammer and trigger on a gun, it cannot be "recocked" and you should stay far away from any people or companies who claim to be able to "reset" a used airbag controller. This procedure details how to code a new Airbag (SRS) Controller after it has been installed in a vehicle.
"

source: Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Airbag Coding (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/airbag-coding.html)

so after reset the module may not be able to deploy airbags again, i guess this is not for all VW's since everyone is still resetting them????

eeddyy23
27th December, 2010, 03:31 AM
hello, here is what rosstech says regarding resetting vw modules:

"
Whenever airbags have deployed and there is crash data stored, the airbag controller must be replaced. They have an electro-mechanical switch that deploys the airbags, somewhat like the hammer and trigger on a gun, it cannot be "recocked" and you should stay far away from any people or companies who claim to be able to "reset" a used airbag controller. This procedure details how to code a new Airbag (SRS) Controller after it has been installed in a vehicle.
"

source: Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Airbag Coding (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/airbag-coding.html)

so after reset the module may not be able to deploy airbags again, i guess this is not for all VW's since everyone is still resetting them????

i think its a lie many vw and soe other brands like bmw and mercedes can be reset just by clearing codes i have been thru modules that i fix went in to an accident again and air bags deployed even worse few customers had have accidents with the light on because they havent reset the module and air bags deploy at the time of the accident.
any clues???