PDA

View Full Version : help on adding ebooks to ipad

aftermath
27th December, 2010, 03:22 PM
Guys , my daughter got an iPad for xmas, she mainly wants to read books on it, but @ around ?13 a book average she cant afford them from itunes store.

I know its possible , once its jailbroken, but the firmware is at 4.2.1, and i read that a tethered jailbreak is available via redsn0w. But i think its no good for her having to keep jailbreaking after every reboot.

Is there any way i can download books and install them on her iPad without jailbreaking it ?

aftermath
27th December, 2010, 10:06 PM
got it sorted, you can add ebooks same as mp3s

smartymarti
24th March, 2012, 09:47 AM
Hi wanna share on this Asimov in same position

griff
24th March, 2012, 07:36 PM
Mate u can just download ebooks or PDFs and put them in to iTunes and it will be in iBooks

shankill2012
25th March, 2012, 11:38 PM
I attach the ebooks in an email sent to myself from desktop/laptop then open it on my iPad and it goes onto my iBooks app,not sure about non jail broken iPad though as mine is jail broke.

johnboy1974
27th March, 2012, 08:11 PM
The email loophole seems to have been closed by apple at the last ibooks update. You can however still send them to your idevice using dropbox.

v2kdj
12th June, 2012, 08:35 AM
The email loophole seems to have been closed by apple at the last ibooks update. You can however still send them to your idevice using dropbox.

As the loophole is closed for email, can you still drag n drop em in using iTunes?

Cheers..

derm58
12th June, 2012, 11:45 AM
As the loophole is closed for email, can you still drag n drop em in using iTunes?

Cheers..

I was able to get .mobi books into the Kindle app for the ipad 2 on ios 5.0 using the email method.
For the e.pub files, simply load them into your itunes on your PC and transfer / sync the ipad. Nice and easy.
I haven't used it much but I dont see much of a difference between ibooks and Kindle app so I'd take the easy way out !

podleian
26th June, 2012, 10:09 PM
I use a free ebook reader called Stanza. It's on the App store, no jailbreak needed, and you can send books to it from email or filemanagers like Filer or Goodreader.

IIRC, you can still open unencrypted epubs in iBooks from email too.

Epic Chatterbox
1st July, 2012, 01:27 PM
An easier method would be downloading an ebooks app =]