PDA

View Full Version : indesit condensor tumble dryer fault cure

alladdin
27th December, 2010, 05:03 PM
fault - tumble dryer not heating the air, red l.e.d. for "empty water" always on.

possible cause - float stuck up in water sump.

repair -
on rear of machine low down theres a plastic cover / box with 2 pipes going to it. unclip and remove the top section. inside theres a polystyrene float which gets stuck (fluff + water = goo) clean off the float and clean the water tray it sits in. reassemble and bobs your uncle. hopefully.

might well apply to other models.

helen b
30th May, 2011, 11:26 AM
This works for me too - I had exactly this problem, the only thing I will criticise though is it was fiddly to unclip. Clearer instructions on how to remove cover would be good!

Grizz
30th May, 2011, 06:28 PM
hi helen, welcome to DK, home of knowing the right bit to fiddle with lol

ClaireG
26th February, 2012, 04:13 PM
Hi. I know this is a really old thread, but can i just say THANKS!!!
I just signed up to this forum to say thanks to alladdin for that 1st post, as i have just managed to fix my indesit condenser tumble dryer my googling and his answer came up.
Fix, no probs, now blowing hot air!!

Shady
26th February, 2012, 04:14 PM
what a brilliant post.. dk needs people like you :)

ClaireG
26th February, 2012, 05:01 PM
Sorry, i spoke too soon!!!:laugh:

it worked for all of 10 mins, then the 'empty water' light came on (despite there being no water to empty), and it started blowing cold air again!
So i checked the water tray again, and it was full of water again!

What do i doooo?

Sorry to get your hopes up!:afraid:

daithi
26th February, 2012, 07:58 PM

it worked for all of 10 mins, then the 'empty water' light came on (despite there being no water to empty), and it started blowing cold air again!

What do i doooo?

use google again lol

looly
3rd March, 2012, 04:23 PM

What do i doooo?

A temporary fix is to remove the water collection container (the one which u normally empty) and place it on floor to the side of the dryer. Then undo the black pipe at the rear where it connects to the TOP of the dryer and simply push this into the hole of the water tray which is now laying on the floor. Make sure there are no kinks in the pipe. The dryer should now heat up again. You will have to keep an eye on the water level in the container because the dryer wont automatically stop producing heat when it is full. At least by doing this u will be able to dry ur clothes until u manage to permanently fix the issue.

ClaireG
4th March, 2012, 09:50 AM
Thanks guys.
i worked out that it was the water pump not working.
So bought a new pump for ?23, and fitted it myself.
The tumble dryer is working fine now!
Thanks for the help!