PDA

View Full Version : Galletto 1260 clone and BMW E46 read/writing

se93
28th December, 2010, 12:33 PM
Hello to all.

Wishing everyone here at DK a very Happy New Year's filled with only the best things for 2011 for everyone!

Hi guys

I wanted to get some feedback regarding the Galletto 1260 clone and the BMW E46 MS42. I want to purchase one of these to do some read/writing on my MS42 ecu, but i have seen that the application listings for just about all the clone Galletto's on ebay say that the MS42 ecu is for the BMW E36 instead of the E46. They also list the BMW E46 328 using the MS43 ecu when in fact my vehicle, a 2000 BMW E46 328Ci uses the MS42 platform. Has anyone read/written their BMW E46 with the Galletto tool without any problems even if you have had to select the E36 MS42 in the Galletto software? I saw in two different Galletto software versions where my vehicle is listed as using the MS43 ecu instead of the MS42. I was told by a friend that: " you could chose any 3 5 7 or even Z3 with the MS42 ecu type and it will read it just the same.
It should have an ID button, so once you connect, you try to get the ID. If it works, you can read it, if the ID fails, then you need to choose a different ECU."

Is this correct? I just want to be on the safe side and avoid frying my ecu.

Here is the link where i am considering to purchase the Galletto 1260
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180545433225&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_5972wt_1202

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Mark

chucky69
28th December, 2010, 01:54 PM
1) dont flash any ecu, which you cannot recover/repair yourself when things go wrong.

2)you cannot make good mod file yourself for this ecu. Forget on ECM on something like this.

3)you cannot make correct checksum yourself.

every galletto clone is different. one can work, one can fail before writing. Just try this which one is yours... :)

william10142407
15th May, 2012, 08:40 PM
Hi Guys,
I have heard that there are only a couple of times you can flash a standard ecu? Is there any way around this?
Regards, Will

mexanico1971
16th May, 2012, 12:42 AM
I made one MS43 !
read part of file only !
make two leith"s to compare and it seem good !
same width range rover td5
just read a part of the file ! read two times check if is ok, mod and write !
good to !
just be careful , put a batt charger to read and to write ! be shore if it"s more than 12v
but is always a risk !

ecuconnection
16th May, 2012, 01:08 AM
I made one MS43 !
read part of file only !
make two leith"s to compare and it seem good !
same width range rover td5
just read a part of the file ! read two times check if is ok, mod and write !
good to !
just be careful , put a batt charger to read and to write ! be shore if it"s more than 12v
but is always a risk !

Actually it need's to be 13.5volts for most DME's ;) Some Bosch DME's will not even flash under 13volts