PDA

View Full Version : PLZ Help!!

ninajayne
30th December, 2010, 12:58 AM
Hi all, I'm putting this question on here for my husband, so any help would be really great. He has a fat psp running 3.71 m33-2,
He is trying to put somenew firmware on he has done this quite afew times but now when the psp comes to verifiying the new firmware it just says "Cancelled by user" even though he is pressing x to continue, can anyone tell me what this means so i can pass it on, he has never had this problem before, we've been looking at different things over the last few days and trying different things that should work but don't he just can seem to get past "Cancelled by user" its sending us nuts starting to think the problem is wih the psp. Thanks very much to anyone that can help or point in the right direction :(

cunny
30th December, 2010, 07:35 AM
Hi nina, maybe a look here could help

http://forums.psp-hacks.com/f133/

JTH
31st December, 2010, 12:32 AM
3.71 was a bastard firmware and had ipl problem
so some users would have problem updating from there
but a guarenteed way is pandora.

ninajayne
31st December, 2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks to you both guys, we have a pandora, it looks like it is the psp, he has done our daughters with the files he wants to put on his and hers works fine, so it looks like a new psp or secondhand :) thanks very much for helping

JTH
1st January, 2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks to you both guys, we have a pandora, it looks like it is the psp, he has done our daughters with the files he wants to put on his and hers works fine, so it looks like a new psp or secondhand :) thanks very much for helping

u know how to use a pandora?
what files are on the card?

run psp grader 8 on card
test in psp holding left trigger and insert pandora battery.
u should get menu to go to 5.00m33
if u do ,get gend-3 final
and put that on same card overwrite what it needs to.
now go to card on psp and run gend 3
once u get menu choose optoin make xgen pandora.
take battery out hold left trigger and put in pandora
now u should have menu to goto gen d3 .
now put 5.50_Prometheus4.rar on card and run from card on psp. Share Send / 5.50_Prometheus4.rar (http://sharesend.com/v8gkp)

ptrcz
6th January, 2011, 12:03 AM
This link does'n work, you may be another link

dreamsnake
9th May, 2011, 01:48 AM
Hi all, I'm putting this question on here for my husband, so any help would be really great. He has a fat psp running 3.71 m33-2,
He is trying to put somenew firmware on he has done this quite afew times but now when the psp comes to verifiying the new firmware it just says "Cancelled by user" even though he is pressing x to continue, can anyone tell me what this means so i can pass it on, he has never had this problem before, we've been looking at different things over the last few days and trying different things that should work but don't he just can seem to get past "Cancelled by user" its sending us nuts starting to think the problem is wih the psp. Thanks very much to anyone that can help or point in the right direction :(

How is he trying to upgrade the firmware. I believe he must be trying to install frimware from the xmb (i.e. not using pandora battery) best would be to just use pandora battery. use the following tutorial and it should work. you just need a pandora battery an original memory stick any card more the 32mb should be okay i used 1gb one. the card should be original (i.e. magic gate enabled) any sony card would do.
btw this tutorial is brilliant but i didn't made it wish i had :)
YouTube - Tutorial:PSP How to make a magic memory stick 5.50 Gen-D3 [HD]