PDA

View Full Version : Cummins N14 ECM

amishmafia00
30th December, 2010, 11:05 PM
We have a n14 select plus ecm that is bad. we have a spare computer but need to calibrate the spare ecm to the n14, what software do i need to do this?
Thank you

joshplianfield
30th December, 2010, 11:07 PM
cummins insite w/pro and fleet count (not 100% sure if you need fleet) and the december incal thats been posted on DK.

can ypu get the ecm cal number off the old ecm? it might even be on a tag.

dieselman77
30th December, 2010, 11:53 PM
i think the info is also on the data tag on the front cover and you might be able to look it up from the engine serial number

amishmafia00
3rd January, 2011, 01:19 PM
might either of you have a link to insite pro

Chadleynet
4th January, 2011, 03:45 AM
might either of you have a link to insite pro

Insite 7.4 (https://insiteupdate.cummins.com/download/INSITE_7_4_2.iso)

Were you able to find the ECM calibration name?

amishmafia00
4th January, 2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the link!
I haven't had time to look at the ecm yet. Once I get the software running i'll let you know

victortampico
5th January, 2011, 04:01 AM
you need the part number

pn termination 303 300 or 662

amishmafia00
6th January, 2011, 02:08 PM
The last 3 of the pn is 300. Hopefully i'll get the software running today. does anyone have tips on what to do with the ISO image I downloaded?

Thanks Everyone

donniemnemonic
16th January, 2011, 11:26 PM
The last 3 of the pn is 300. Hopefully i'll get the software running today. does anyone have tips on what to do with the ISO image I downloaded?

Thanks Everyone
After opening downloaded files in winrar iso image is created and from it you can now install program i.e insite. Once this is done you will be prompted for basic code which you could get from the dk community after posting your pc id. Once activated you will need to upgrade to pro tool status, with fleet counts and also password removal if your ecm is password protected
Before you can perform a calibration of your ecm.
In addition to this you will need to have a valid incal disk that contains the calibration you require and a data link adapter compatible with insite i.e rp1210a compliant.
Hope this info helps you m8.

amishmafia00
18th January, 2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks alot! I finally have a little time to work on this, i'll get winrar and see if i can get that to work. I'll let you know what I learn

amishmafia00
18th January, 2011, 08:07 PM
winrar worked. in one word it was slick now i just need to get my key
Thanks !!

amishmafia00
18th January, 2011, 10:15 PM
so do i have to have an incal disc with the calibration on it or can i get it out of my old ecm?

amishmafia00
18th January, 2011, 10:49 PM
I went and connected to the truck, when I am connected to the ecm it switches to basic. when i unhook it switches back to pro plus user level. when i try to switch levels while i'm connected it says

Tool level changes are not allowed for the connected engine program.

Do I need to reset my password?

Thanks again everyone

trucks
18th January, 2011, 11:47 PM
Try using pro user level instead.And yes need to cal from incal disc.

jctech
19th January, 2011, 01:19 AM
I went and connected to the truck, when I am connected to the ecm it switches to basic. when i unhook it switches back to pro plus user level. when i try to switch levels while i'm connected it says

Tool level changes are not allowed for the connected engine program.

Do I need to reset my password?

Thanks again everyone
Use Pro user level, not Pro Plus.

Juanincho
19th January, 2011, 09:40 PM
As jctech said, use the Pro level, you don't need to change it while connected to an ecm. If you can connect to the old ecm, you can extract the old calibration with calterm, but in this case is better to find the cpl number at the engine plate, open insite, then look for the ecm part number at the incal disc you should have downloaded, then look the cpl and choose from any of the cals the one you need for the engine, double clic to begin downloading, and follow the instuctions. Hope this can be useful for you. Cheers !:bike:

amishmafia00
25th February, 2011, 09:25 PM
I looked in the programs that installed from the .rar that i downloaded and i didn't see any incal. is there somewhere i can get this?

donniemnemonic
4th May, 2011, 01:16 PM
you need to download the incal cd from here on dk it does not come with the insite download. You have to download it separately and then use it with insite. Ensure you download a copy that is within a 6 month limit from your current date on your computer or else you will not be able to use it.